The Student Room Group

Help please Can i still get into Bristol ?

I am doing a Pearson btec level 3 extended diploma in biomedical science and i need a DDD in it to do a Biochemistry course at bristol uni and i belive i can get that but they also mention i have to do these units ......xyz and it is stated that id need D in them but i dont do them in my course so would i still be able to get in ?

My course is applied science but focused more on the medical side (only one my school offered)
Original post by hapiolen
I am doing a Pearson btec level 3 extended diploma in biomedical science and i need a DDD in it to do a Biochemistry course at bristol uni and i belive i can get that but they also mention i have to do these units ......xyz and it is stated that id need D in them but i dont do them in my course so would i still be able to get in ?

My course is applied science but focused more on the medical side (only one my school offered)

I think the best thing for you to do is email and ask, though I'm not sure how quickly you'd get a response.
The same thing happened to me! I did the exact same course and needed DDD to study medical physiology at uni of Nottingham. It said I would need at least merits and distinctions in certain modules to be accepted. At the time I thought I would be ok so I just put them as my first choice and was given a conditional offer on the basis I got DDD, it never mentioned any stipulations about particular units.

I ended up getting 2 passes, 3/4 merits and around 6/7 distinctions and I got D*DD so I was given a place straight away!

On saying that, If you want piece of mind just ring or email admissions and query it! It’s dependent on the college which units they teach you for the BTEC, I like you didn’t do certain ones.
Original post by hapiolen

Contact admissions and ask them directly. If there are specific units listed then you may not be able to do the course at that particular University.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending