The Student Room Group

is it risky too apply to both Sunderland and Keele medical school?

I have heard both use the same criteria to select candidates? Would it therefore be unwise to apply to both?
Yep it's risky, but if you have absolutely no other options, just do it! (You may end up with 2 interviews!)
Reply 2
Original post by medprincess
Yep it's risky, but if you have absolutely no other options, just do it! (You may end up with 2 interviews!)

Good point!

Which one would you think is more competitive? I have about 5 different unis incl sunderland and Keele…both seem decent compared to my other options but if it’s risky I might aswell just put down one.

Thanks
Original post by Leaf.
Good point!

Which one would you think is more competitive? I have about 5 different unis incl sunderland and Keele…both seem decent compared to my other options but if it’s risky I might aswell just put down one.

Thanks

if you have a decent UCAT score then go for sunderland as it takes into account both UCAT score and the R+R form (although it's threshold is pretty generous - anything above 2400 should be safe). If your UCAT score is lower than that, then apply to keele because they don't use the UCAT when selecting for interview.

What other unis are you considering? I got a slightly lower UCAT than I wanted so I'm considering Sunderand/keele too!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Leaf.
I have heard both use the same criteria to select candidates? Would it therefore be unwise to apply to both?

But they don't always have the same applicants??

Original post by medprincess
if you have a decent UCAT score then go for sunderland as it takes into account both UCAT score and the R+R form (although it's threshold is pretty generous - anything above 2400 should be safe). If your UCAT score is lower than that, then apply to keele because they don't use the UCAT when selecting for interview.

What other unis are you considering? I got a slightly lower UCAT than I wanted so I'm considering Sunderand/keele too!

Keele have a UCAT threshold, the same as Sunderland.
For Keele it is 2280 and for Sunderland, 3rd decile (which was 2300 last year), so very little difference.
Reply 5
Original post by GANFYD
But they don't always have the same applicants??

Thats a good point as-well. Bloody hell some tough decisions to be made.
Reply 6
Hi, i know Keele doesn’t look at predicted grades but what about Sunderland?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending