The Student Room Group

Too late to switch GSCEs??

I’m 3 weeks into year 10 and I’ve started doing drama Gsce this year I really enjoyed it in year 7-9 but i can’t stand it this year!! The practicals make me dread every lesson…I’ve tried to keep at it but I just don’t like it. I’d love to switch to something else but is it too late do you think? Should I just stick it out?
Thanks Xx
Not at all! I switched from food to history about a month in and it's the best thing I could've done. You don't do loads in the first few weeks of a GCSE course so you can catch up, especially if you borrow someone's notes or even better get handouts from the teacher.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by bb24
I’m 3 weeks into year 10 and I’ve started doing drama Gsce this year I really enjoyed it in year 7-9 but i can’t stand it this year!! The practicals make me dread every lesson…I’ve tried to keep at it but I just don’t like it. I’d love to switch to something else but is it too late do you think? Should I just stick it out?
Thanks Xx

Honestly, if you don't it, you shouldn't do it, like mentioned by ashtolga23 the beginning month of GCSE is relatively slow and not much is done.
Reply 3
Original post by ashtolga23
Not at all! I switched from food to history about a month in and it's the best thing I could've done. You don't do loads in the first few weeks of a GCSE course so you can catch up, especially if you borrow someone's notes or even better get handouts from the teacher.

Thanks so much for your help!! I went and talked to my teacher and hopefully I’ll be able to switch! :smile:
Original post by bb24
Thanks so much for your help!! I went and talked to my teacher and hopefully I’ll be able to switch! :smile:

Is there space in a subject you want to do in the same option block?
Original post by bb24

I'm so glad to hear it!
Original post by bb24
Thanks Xx

The first term of drama sucks, you have to do all of the stupid stuff. When the coursework starts it really improves. If you have writing essays though, avoid drama, it’s very essay based as opposed to acting.
Reply 7
As long as you are happy its all good
Reply 8
Original post by ajay06
As long as you are happy its all good

😁😁😁😁

Quick Reply

Latest