The Student Room Group

King's College London A101 EMDP 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone,

I’ve sat my UCAT today and scored 2410 band 2. My achieved a level grades are A*A*A - do I stand a chance in applying for the EMDP? I meet the eligibility criteria, my ucat is terrible though
Reply 61
Hi guys, I’m wondering if I stand a good chance of interview. I come from a below average state college and secondary school. Low household income, ucat bursary and poor area progression to higher education. My stats are GCSE’s meets criteria, 6 A levels all achieved at A*’s and a ucat of 2370 B2, bad stomach ache during the exam. I’m currently on a gap year, any guidance would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
Reply 62
Also if one of your GCSEs for instance EL is lower than a 6 do you think you can still apply?
Hi,

I’m looking to apply to the extended medicine programme at KCL.

My stats are:

GCSEs: all 6’s and one 7

Ucat: 2470 band 2

A levels: AAB

I’m currently in a gap year and I’m trying to find which unis would be the best to apply to, but I’m really confused.

I really wanna apply to kings but do you think I stand a good chance?
Original post by YoungEmrys
Hey. These are the only *non-academic* eligibility criteria you need to fulfil. The rest is just GCSE grade 6 or above in Maths & English Lang, UCAT and A-Level requirements which I'm sure you already know about.

Just found this thread, and found all of your advice really helpful :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by Stoic15
Also if one of your GCSEs for instance EL is lower than a 6 do you think you can still apply?

Any advice? I’ll be applying with mitigating circumstances. I also meet the special consideration criteria.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Hammad.A
Hi,

My stats are:

I’m currently in a gap year and I’m trying to find which unis would be the best to apply to, but I’m really confused.

my stats are pretty simmilar let me know if you find out if we have a chance :smile:
Original post by chillipeppa
my stats are pretty simmilar let me know if you find out if we have a chance :smile:

Will do :smile:
Just found this thread, and found all of your advice really helpful :smile:

Glad it helped :smile:
Hi,

My stats are:

Original post by chillipeppa

I'd say you have a solid chance- you meet all of the minimum eligibility criteria and already have the grades, which is a plus. For the UCAT they're looking for. score of 600+ so you're good in that department. They look at your application holistically so they'll take everything into account, Ps, references, the whole lot
Original post by Stoic15
Any advice? I’ll be applying with mitigating circumstances. I also meet the special consideration criteria.

grade 6 in English Lang + Maths is the minimum criteria to be eligible. You can contact admissions and ask them about your specific case but you do need at least a B/6.
Reply 71
Thank you for the reply, i called them this morning and they said that they would consider my mitigating circumstances. Since my A levels are all A*’s, and since i meet the special consideration criteria.
I'd say you have a solid chance- you meet all of the minimum eligibility criteria and already have the grades, which is a plus. For the UCAT they're looking for. score of 600+ so you're good in that department. They look at your application holistically so they'll take everything into account, Ps, references, the whole lot

Thanks this really helps, I think I will go for it :smile:

Hey! Thanks for your advice in this thread :smile: I was wondering how you know what ucat score they’re looking for? Have they released it somewhere or just something you’ve observed from student room threads? Many Thanks :smile:
Original post by Rosiemaexx
Hey! Thanks for your advice in this thread :smile: I was wondering how you know what ucat score they’re looking for? Have they released it somewhere or just something you’ve observed from student room threads? Many Thanks :smile:

You're welcome :smile:. I was part of a WP program last year with them and they told me when I called up one results day
Reply 75
Original post by saranghoe
Thanks!!! I am looking to apply to the EMDP my stats are
GCSES --> 8 Grade 9s and 1 Grade 8
UCAT - 2420 B2 (very low :frown:)
Hbu? I hope your UCAT goes well, all the best!!!

Hi I've got very similar stats too :smile:, do you think you'll still apply for the EMDP? I'm still unsure
Reply 76
Does anyone know the 'Point of entry' for applying for the EMDP on UCAS? Is it 'foundation year' or '1st year'?
Would SJT band 3 put me in a disadvantaged position
stats:
A-Levels: AAB
GCSEs:877777665
UCAT: 2550 Band 3
Original post by ciiaaraa
Hi I've got very similar stats too :smile:, do you think you'll still apply for the EMDP? I'm still unsure

yupppp i am applying
Original post by N70
Does anyone know the 'Point of entry' for applying for the EMDP on UCAS? Is it 'foundation year' or '1st year'?

1st year! It isn't a foundation program.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending