The Student Room Group

How do I forget him?

There’s a guy I’ve been talking to for a while now. We’re kinda close. I like him (he doesn’t know), idk if he feels the same but probably not.

Anyway..Since the past few days, he’s been ignoring my messages, stopped seeing my stories, leaves all the messages on seen, basically just..cut me off in a way. Nothing happened. The last conversation was completely normal. I’ve been messaging to apologise just incase I did say or do something that made him not want to talk but he ignores it still.

I was thinking of what to do about it and just..needed some advice. I was thinking of messaging him and just telling him I’m gonna stop messaging him, coz I don’t wanna be annoying him or anything, plus he won’t reply anyway so I guess I’ll have to try to get over him. It’s just that..every time I even think about never talking to him again just makes me cry uncontrollably. It just feels like one of the worse feelings and idk what to do. What do I do? Shall I tell him I’ll stop messaging? Shall I give him time? Shall I keep messaging? Idk

(Talking to him makes me so happy, but Ik I’m gonna have to get over him now coz he’s ignoring me and idk how to)
Just give him some time man, sometimes life isn’t all sunshine and roses for people. Ask him what’s up, if he ignores you then just leave him alone.
I’ve been there before…it really sucks when they leave you with no explanation and you don’t wanna make the wrong move. I think the best thing to do would be to message and ask him point blank what’s up and if he doesn’t want to talk to you anymore. He could be stressed or maybe gotten a girlfriend (I know you probably don’t want to think of that), but there could be an explanation. Tell yourself that if he doesn’t reply, that’ll be the last time you reach out.
Hopefully he’s just been busy or something like that and will get back to you! If not, remember that the feeling will fade over time and you’ll be able to move on even if it feels like the end of the world.
Original post by HeavLeighGill
I’ve been there before…it really sucks when they leave you with no explanation and you don’t wanna make the wrong move. I think the best thing to do would be to message and ask him point blank what’s up and if he doesn’t want to talk to you anymore. He could be stressed or maybe gotten a girlfriend (I know you probably don’t want to think of that), but there could be an explanation. Tell yourself that if he doesn’t reply, that’ll be the last time you reach out.
Hopefully he’s just been busy or something like that and will get back to you! If not, remember that the feeling will fade over time and you’ll be able to move on even if it feels like the end of the world.

I wish someone could have given me this advice when I needed it 😔
Have a great day <3
Reply 4
Original post by HeavLeighGill

Thank you so much!🥺 yeah honestly it’s the worse feeling💔 I’ve messaged him again just now asking the stuff you mentioned. I’m hoping he’d reply💔 but again thank you!
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much!🥺 yeah honestly it’s the worse feeling💔 I’ve messaged him again just now asking the stuff you mentioned. I’m hoping he’d reply💔 but again thank you!

Do you know the 48 hour rule? It's one of the best things I've been told by another woman. It shows you if they really care 👀
There’s a guy I’ve been talking to for a while now. We’re kinda close. I like him (he doesn’t know), idk if he feels the same but probably not.

Anyway..Since the past few days, he’s been ignoring my messages, stopped seeing my stories, leaves all the messages on seen, basically just..cut me off in a way. Nothing happened. The last conversation was completely normal. I’ve been messaging to apologise just incase I did say or do something that made him not want to talk but he ignores it still.

I was thinking of what to do about it and just..needed some advice. I was thinking of messaging him and just telling him I’m gonna stop messaging him, coz I don’t wanna be annoying him or anything, plus he won’t reply anyway so I guess I’ll have to try to get over him. It’s just that..every time I even think about never talking to him again just makes me cry uncontrollably. It just feels like one of the worse feelings and idk what to do. What do I do? Shall I tell him I’ll stop messaging? Shall I give him time? Shall I keep messaging? Idk

(Talking to him makes me so happy, but Ik I’m gonna have to get over him now coz he’s ignoring me and idk how to)

Omg sorry girl, this is my worst fear hence why I don’t get too close or attached as someone can just switch up like that

But no way is this your fault girl, his loss

Original post by Htx_x346
Do you know the 48 hour rule? It's one of the best things I've been told by another woman. It shows you if they really care 👀

What is the 48 hour rule?
Original post by icecream2021
Omg sorry girl, this is my worst fear hence why I don’t get too close or attached as someone can just switch up like that

But no way is this your fault girl, his loss

The 48 hour rule. Don't text them, don't post, do nothing. If they don't text your or give you a notification you now know where you guys stand and drop them.

If you're always the one making effort try the 48 hr method and thank me later
Reply 8
Original post by icecream2021

Update: it didn’t end well. I said sorry to him just incase I did do something to get him annoyed or something but he ended up blocking me :frown:
Reply 9
The 48 hour rule. Don't text them, don't post, do nothing. If they don't text your or give you a notification you now know where you guys stand and drop them.

If you're always the one making effort try the 48 hr method and thank me later

Thank you!! Yeah it’d definitely been more than 48hrs so yeah maybe it was worth getting blocked by him just for apologising 💔
Thank you!! Yeah it’d definitely been more than 48hrs so yeah maybe it was worth getting blocked by him just for apologising 💔

I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like his loss tbh. He lost someone with a pure heart and someone who actually cared about him. He isn't going to find anyone as perfect as you.

Let his silence be closure. Think of it as getting the last word in. <3
I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like his loss tbh. He lost someone with a pure heart and someone who actually cared about him. He isn't going to find anyone as perfect as you.

Let his silence be closure. Think of it as getting the last word in. <3

Thank you!! This honestly made my day thank you so much!
Thank you!! This honestly made my day thank you so much!

Glad it helped xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending