The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by essie15
Hi everyone!
My name is Essie and I'm new to the student room.
My hobbies: reading, running, painting and writing.

Compulsory subjects:
English lit & lang- AQA
Mathematics- Edexcel
Chemistry- AQA
Biology- AQA
Physics- AQA

Chosen subjects:
History- Edexcel
Spanish- AQA
Sociology- AQA
Fine Art- AQA

My favourite subjects are English and History.
My predicted grades are 7-9s
My favourite ways to revise are through flashcards and using the Pomodoro method.
I hope to be a solicitor in the future.
I enjoy year 9 quite a lot, despite the pandemic and the lockdowns. I'm looking forward to studying more of what I like now that I've dropped a few subjects.
I wish the best to all my fellow year 10s 🥰

Pomodoro method? :redface:
Reply 61
Original post by AmIReallyHere
Pomodoro method? :redface:

do you want to know how it works or what it is??
Original post by essie15
do you want to know how it works or what it is??

uh...both of it's not too much trouble asdghkfg
Reply 63
no trouble at a

uh...both of it's not too much trouble asdghkfg

No trouble at all!
The Pomodoro method is a study technique used to divide you're studying in a way that is proven to be most productive. What I, and most people, tend to do is you study for 25 minutes and take a break for 5 to 15 minutes and repeat till you have all your tasks done. You can go on youtube or on your app store to find pomodoro timers. I highly suggest the app "study bunny" as it helps you reduce the time you spend on your phone whilst studying, it motivates you with rewards, and you can play ambience music as you study.
Hope this helped 😊
Original post by essie15
no trouble at a

No trouble at all!
The Pomodoro method is a study technique used to divide you're studying in a way that is proven to be most productive. What I, and most people, tend to do is you study for 25 minutes and take a break for 5 to 15 minutes and repeat till you have all your tasks done. You can go on youtube or on your app store to find pomodoro timers. I highly suggest the app "study bunny" as it helps you reduce the time you spend on your phone whilst studying, it motivates you with rewards, and you can play ambience music as you study.
Hope this helped 😊

oooo thank you!
hey all !! im dara :smile: somewhat stressed ab year 10 but still kind of excited ! im studying:

AQA English Language
AQA English Literature
EDEXCEL Maths
AQA Biology
AQA Physics
AQA Chemistry

AQA French
AQA Geography
OCR History A
AQA Religious Studies

i kinda struggled in y7,8, and 9 due to physical illnesses :frown: but i am fully recovered now so hopefully i can get back on track!! if anyone wants to chat PM me :smile::smile:
Original post by darahatesgcse's
hey all !! im dara :smile: somewhat stressed ab year 10 but still kind of excited ! im studying:

AQA English Language
AQA English Literature
EDEXCEL Maths
AQA Biology
AQA Physics
AQA Chemistry

AQA French
AQA Geography
OCR History A
AQA Religious Studies

i kinda struggled in y7,8, and 9 due to physical illnesses :frown: but i am fully recovered now so hopefully i can get back on track!! if anyone wants to chat PM me :smile::smile:

Sorry to hear about your physical illnesses but glad you are recovered!

thank you so much !! :smile:
Reply 68

same here! I'm sure you'll do amazing in year 10 :smile:
Reply 69
Original post by essie15
Hi, Ella! We have a lot of subjects and hobbies in common. I like to read and I'm studying art and history as well. I'm also interested in studying law but with Hispanic law instead as I study Spanish :smile: I wish you luck in it!

Thank you, Essie (sorry for the late reply!) I'm wishing you the best of luck! :rofl3:
Reply 70
Credit to ApplePi55 for the words!
:tsr:

The Current Year 10 Chat Thread (2021-2022)

:party:

Babies born from 2006 to 2007!! Woohooo :ciao:Hey, and welcome to the current year 10 thread! For some, this is when you start your GCSEs and for others, it's your second year! You can use this thread to share what you're feeling, thoughts on starting year 10, how the pandemic may affect your studies, your GCSEs and anything else Feel free to share any useful study material/threads, vent, ask questions, complain, moan or even share success! We're all in this together! So hopefully, we'll all make friends (no enemies) and by the end of it, be ready to take on year 11!

Let's get to know each other

:fleurdelis:
Introduce yourself
What are your hobbies/ interests?
What subjects are you studying? (Don't forget the Exam Board!)
What is/are your favourite and least favourite subject(s)?
What are your predicted grades?
What grades do you want?
What's your favourite way to revise?
What's your dream future occupation?
What are your thoughts about year 9 and leaving it?/How are you feeling about starting year 10?

WE’RE FINISHING SCHOOL IN JUNE 2023!
GOOD LUCK YEAR 10 AND HAVE FUN BUT DON'T FORGET TO CRACK DOWN

Heyy you can call me Rain
I like reading and I play Dungeons and Dragons. Planning to get into Vampire: the Masquerade too and I'm trying to figure out how to run it lol. I draw fantasy maps sometimes and I'm trying to write but motivation yk XD
Subjects (soz I'm still not rlly sure on exam boards):
Eng (lang and lit)
Triple sci (edexcel)
Maths + Further Maths in y11
History
Music
Econs
I've taken Mandarin (foreign and second language) and Malay (foreign language too) as early entry in Y9
Predicted grades are 7-9s, and I'm pretty happy with those. Just need to remember to revise haha
Hmm I don't really know what my dream future occupation is. It's hard to decide XD
Good luck to everyone in Y10!!
Reply 71
Original post by essie15
no trouble at a

No trouble at all!
Hope this helped 😊

That sounds like a really good study technique!! Thanks for sharing :smile: I'll definitely try it out
Credit to ApplePi55 for the words!
:tsr:

The Current Year 10 Chat Thread (2021-2022)

:party:

Babies born from 2006 to 2007!! Woohooo :ciao:Hey, and welcome to the current year 10 thread! For some, this is when you start your GCSEs and for others, it's your second year! You can use this thread to share what you're feeling, thoughts on starting year 10, how the pandemic may affect your studies, your GCSEs and anything else Feel free to share any useful study material/threads, vent, ask questions, complain, moan or even share success! We're all in this together! So hopefully, we'll all make friends (no enemies) and by the end of it, be ready to take on year 11!

Let's get to know each other

:fleurdelis:
Introduce yourself
What are your hobbies/ interests?
What subjects are you studying? (Don't forget the Exam Board!)
What is/are your favourite and least favourite subject(s)?
What are your predicted grades?
What grades do you want?
What's your favourite way to revise?
What's your dream future occupation?
What are your thoughts about year 9 and leaving it?/How are you feeling about starting year 10?

WE’RE FINISHING SCHOOL IN JUNE 2023!
GOOD LUCK YEAR 10 AND HAVE FUN BUT DON'T FORGET TO CRACK DOWN

Heyyy, Im Minnie, I am an international student, I have just started year 1o weeks ago, wish me loads of luck!!
Reply 73
Original post by na.minnie
Heyyy, Im Minnie, I am an international student, I have just started year 1o weeks ago, wish me loads of luck!!

Hi Minnie!! Good luck in Y10 :biggrin:
Original post by rainjx
Hi Minnie!! Good luck in Y10 :biggrin:

Gl to u tooo!! :smile:
Reply 75
Gl to u tooo!! :smile:

How r u finding y10 so far?
Original post by rainjx
How r u finding y10 so far?

Very goodddd, hbu?
Reply 77
Very goodddd, hbu?

Pretty good. Getting used to the workload haha
Original post by rainjx
Pretty good. Getting used to the workload haha

Which subjects did u choose??
Reply 79
Which subjects did u choose??

eng language and lit, triple science, maths (doing it this year and doing further maths next year), econs, music and history
hbu?

Latest