The Student Room Group

Trainee Air Traffic Controllers Applications Closed. Do you know when they reopen?

I'm trying to apply to train as an Air Traffic Controller but they say they are closed currently to new applicants. Does anyone know when they will reopen or when the best time would be to apply as one? Because I've read that last year all trainee air traffic controllers had their courses put on hold.
Original post by Keon_J
I'm trying to apply to train as an Air Traffic Controller but they say they are closed currently to new applicants. Does anyone know when they will reopen or when the best time would be to apply as one? Because I've read that last year all trainee air traffic controllers had their courses put on hold.

NATS haven't released any information about their next intake will be as far as I am aware. You can however apply for ATC roles in the armed forces if you are interested in them.
Reply 2
Original post by Hoc est Bellum
NATS haven't released any information about their next intake will be as far as I am aware. You can however apply for ATC roles in the armed forces if you are interested in them.

I have an interest of working as an Approach Controller. But I had no idea that the RAF are currently recruiting as well and it seems like their application process is nowhere near as vigorous as if I was to apply through NATS which includes a 3 Stage process. Is there more to it then what the RAF website is saying?
Original post by Keon_J
I have an interest of working as an Approach Controller. But I had no idea that the RAF are currently recruiting as well and it seems like their application process is nowhere near as vigorous as if I was to apply through NATS which includes a 3 Stage process. Is there more to it then what the RAF website is saying?

To become an ATC you can enlist or join as an officer. Officer selection and training is very competitive. You have to pass a set of tests and interviews before going onto training. I know in the royal navy, they have set ATC as a high priority role meaning selection may be slightly easier and you will be put onto training much quicker.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending