The Student Room Group

PhD scholarship

I have a PhD offer from supervisor but without funds. Is there any pathway to apply for a scholarship covering my tuition fee and bench-fees?
Original post by sohpie1976
I have a PhD offer from supervisor but without funds. Is there any pathway to apply for a scholarship covering my tuition fee and bench-fees?

Yes, you should speak to your supervisor. Most universities have an application procedure for internal & research council funding applications.
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
Yes, you should speak to your supervisor. Most universities have an application procedure for internal & research council funding applications.

Thanks for your reply, The PhD program I have applied is in University of Reading described as self-funded and my supervisor would not be able supporting me financially. That's the issue though.
Original post by sohpie1976
Thanks for your reply, The PhD program I have applied is in University of Reading described as self-funded and my supervisor would not be able supporting me financially. That's the issue though.

I mean your supervisor should be familiar with your universities funding procedures and aware of internal funding councils. You can also look privately at research council websites for funding opportunities.

Generally I think its best to discuss funding before applying so you & the supervisor are on the same page.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending