The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by Charl 134
Has anyone heard of choice model management am not sure if it's legit they're asking for an upfront fee for my portfolio pictures and also a refundable deposit I don't know what I should do is it fake or is it real

legit modelling agencies don't do that, they don't ask you for money
they're just charging you for pictures basically
Reply 2
Original post by Ciel.
legit modelling agencies don't do that, they don't ask you for money
they're just charging you for pictures basically

Well I got my pictures done and they are asking for money from another place and they sent it to loads of agencies and I've had choice model management call and say I need to pay for the pictures and also I need to pay an upfront refundable deposit that I get back after my first job to show that I am serious about them and won't let them down
Well I got my pictures done and they are asking for money from another place and they sent it to loads of agencies and I've had choice model management call and say I need to pay for the pictures and also I need to pay an upfront refundable deposit that I get back after my first job to show that I am serious about them and won't let them down

Sounds 100% scammy. Steer clear.
There’s loads of threads about scam agencies on TSR. Here’s a long one so you get the gist of how they operate:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6112548
Reply 5

they should be getting you work, not charging you
they're a scam. just think about it logically. if they are so sure they can get you work why would they ask you for an 'upfront refundable deposit that you get back after your first job?' it makes 0 sense, lol
Hi, did you go ahead with it. I got an email from them and they want me to pay a £70 discount but their page seems legit. Im hella confused
Reply 7
I had the same call they don’t sound like scammers I’m so confused I mean they do say it’s refunded with ur first shoot to show ur not wasting there time as people book and don’t turn up etc…any idea????
Reply 8
Original post by Admit-One
Sounds 100% scammy. Steer clear.

I’m not so sure it is a scam as most agencies don’t offer the refundable deposit with first shoot I’m so confused
Original post by Smalik1
I’m not so sure it is a scam as most agencies don’t offer the refundable deposit with first shoot I’m so confused

They all offer a ‘refund’. It’s a meaningless draw to make you feel like there’s no risk. Please read the thread linked in post #5 above.
Actual modelling agencies don't ask you to pay them for anything. They only pay you for the work that they get you!!!!!!!!!
Original post by rvss3llx
Actual modelling agencies don't ask you to pay them for anything. They only pay you for the work that they get you!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. That’s why so many of these places brand themselves as “photography studios” rather than agencies.
Did you end up doing it I’ve had the same
Did you end up doing it I’ve had the same
Nah, but they keep calling me rather than an email like at first. One thing though, I asked what was the likelihood of me getting a job to receive the £70 deposit back the guy made it clear he can’t promise I’ll get a job. Like yes I know it’ll be hard, but if they’re not confident in me to begin with.. after I’ve sent them photos then how do I know they’re gonna 💯 manage me.
They could ‘act’ when rlly n truly i could be wasting my time n money.
But that’s my take. Lolll
Reply 15
It's a scam modelling agency ask for fees up front they would take a cut from when u get modeling work
Complete and utter scam!!

£150 to join and I told them about my money struggles, I scraped together everything I had to pay the join fee as they say it’s refunded after your first job, best believe your never going to get that first job! They are rude when you ask for an update of what is happening and if you don’t contact them you’ll never hear from them again, don’t waste your money on this fake agency especially if your in the same money situation as me!!

Latest

Trending

Trending