The Student Room Group

Why do people stare/smile at me in uni only when i wear heels?

I have realised this, that both girls and guys stare and smile at me when I wear heels but no one looks at me when I wear trainers. Why is this? I am genuinely curious. And no I don't dress skimpy when I wear my heels, I dress modestly with both heels and trainers. I thought people smiled at me because they thought I was pretty but seems not

I go london uni btw

Edit:
This girl for example, do you think she looks just as good without the heels, as in are you just as likely to notice her:

Heels:
Taylor-Hill-in-Mini-Skirt--08.jpg

Casual outfit
taylor-hill-at-haneda-international-airport-japan-shutterstock-editorial-9917209c.jpg
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They're wondering why are you wearing high heels just to go to uni
Original post by cheeseandoniona
I have realised this, that both girls and guys stare and smile at me when I wear heels but no one looks at me when I wear trainers. Why is this? I am genuinely curious. And no I don't dress skimpy when I wear my heels, I dress modestly with both heels and trainers. I thought people smiled at me because they thought I was pretty but seems not

I go london uni btw

Are they stripper shoes - eg a very high heel with a platform?
Original post by Sinnoh
They're wondering why are you wearing high heels just to go to uni

They're not massive heels. They are high knee boots with like a 2 inch heel
maybe it is because you feel less confident in heels so you are more aware of people looking at you? i doubt anyone is looking at you that differently based on your shoe choice! :smile:
but why so they smile at me and seem more friendly. Esp men outside of uni
its most likely just because you look nice, there are actually some really interesting studies on appearance and academic achievement, take it as a compliment that youre turning heads :smile:
Reply 7

I go london uni btw

Perhaps they change your body shape? My gf gets a lot of attention all the time but especially when she wears heals. It exaggerated her assets, so to say!
Original post by Reality Check
Are they stripper shoes - eg a very high heel with a platform?

like this outfit
no not stripper shoes
Original post by radiohead04
its most likely just because you look nice, there are actually some really interesting studies on appearance and academic achievement, take it as a compliment that youre turning heads :smile:

Original post by Alex1415
Perhaps they change your body shape? My gf gets a lot of attention all the time but especially when she wears heals. It exaggerated her assets, so to say!

but that means people smile and stare at me because of my outfit not because I have a necessarily pretty face
like this outfit
no not stripper shoes

Ok - well I think that's a really good outfit. Relaxed but classy; on trend, but not 'fashion victim'.

I think people are possibly looking at you and smiling because you look amazing and thinking 'that lady has some style'! :smile:

I go london uni btw

Heels make a woman more sexy
Original post by WDADDY23
Heels make a woman more sexy

hmmm so if any woman wears heels, regardless of whether she is actually good looking or not will warrant attention?
She looks really pretty in the first pic , I mean it's a cute outfit that's probably why she looks better
Original post by Moonlight Rain
She looks really pretty in the first pic , I mean it's a cute outfit that's probably why she looks better

But her face is 1 in a million so she will get stared at regardless of what she wears
hmmm so if any woman wears heels, regardless of whether she is actually good looking or not will warrant attention?

Regardless of attractiveness...Three things can change a woman: Makeup, Contact Lenses and Heels
Are the heels very high or noisy when you are walking?
Are you of below average height without heels on?

Could be because they like the look of your outfit, heels and the first impressions that the combination give.
If it is guys that are always flirty or over-friendly with you whenever you are wearing heels, it could be that they have a thing for a certain type of girl that wears very high heels (shorter girls, specific hairstyle/hair colour or very high heels).
Original post by londonmyst
Are the heels very high or noisy when you are walking?
Are you of below average height without heels on?

Could be because they like the look of your outfit, heels and the first impressions that the combination give.
If it is guys that are always flirty or over-friendly with you whenever you are wearing heels, it could be that they have a thing for a certain type of girl that wears very high heels (shorter girls, specific hairstyle/hair colour or very high heels).

No the heels arent nosiy

I am 5'8
Your heels make you sound like a horse, so people are bound to look around to see where the horse is.
but that means people smile and stare at me because of my outfit not because I have a necessarily pretty face

I guess maybe heals suggest you are more interested in being chatted to? Like if my GF wants attention from guys she wears either a low cut dress or something quite tight. Heals just doubles the effect! I know it shouldn't work like that but it does.

Quick Reply

Latest