The Student Room Group

Sex as a lesbian

Is it rude of others to comment on who you want to have sex with? I have it with women because it helps. but I don't get pleasured should i stop and go back to men?
yes that is very rude of them. its none of their business? do what makes you feel good
Reply 2
Original post by summerg283848
yes that is very rude of them. its none of their business? do what makes you feel good

you have a lovely name, thank you.
Original post by Ellexxo
Is it rude of others to comment on who you want to have sex with? I have it with women because it helps. but I don't get pleasured should i stop and go back to men?

If you feel like it's better for YOU to be with men, then yes. You should go back. BUT, I emphasise that it depends on YOU.
There are things in life society pushes you towards, and that sometimes isn't wrong. Like, using the loo instead of relieving yourself on the tennis court(weird example, i know xD) but this isn't one of them.
Also, your preferences do not in any way, shape or form warrant the commentary of others. Their opinions should mot actually matter because, well.... YOU'RE NOT THEM. It's definitely rude to comment on stuff like this, especially if it's in public.
I suggest brushing it off and just moving along with your day. People often comment about things loosely. And that's what makes them so annoying.

I remember people criticising my best friend because he was a black non-catholic in a catholic society. Does that mean he should change? NO. for us, true bros are accepting, not critical.
And a good friend of mine once told me "Treat them as insignificantly as their opinions"

Hope that you find solace in being yourself :smile:.
Cheers
Reply 4
Original post by Kaijuwede21
If you feel like it's better for YOU to be with men, then yes. You should go back. BUT, I emphasise that it depends on YOU.
There are things in life society pushes you towards, and that sometimes isn't wrong. Like, using the loo instead of relieving yourself on the tennis court(weird example, i know xD) but this isn't one of them.
Also, your preferences do not in any way, shape or form warrant the commentary of others. Their opinions should mot actually matter because, well.... YOU'RE NOT THEM. It's definitely rude to comment on stuff like this, especially if it's in public.
I suggest brushing it off and just moving along with your day. People often comment about things loosely. And that's what makes them so annoying.

I remember people criticising my best friend because he was a black non-catholic in a catholic society. Does that mean he should change? NO. for us, true bros are accepting, not critical.
And a good friend of mine once told me "Treat them as insignificantly as their opinions"

Cheers

thank you for typing this. it has helped me :smile:
Original post by Ellexxo
thank you for typing this. it has helped me :smile:

Always a pleasure. :smile:
Now go out there and do what makes you content
Reply 6
Always a pleasure. :smile:
Now go out there and do what makes you content

you have made my evening, I feel proud being me!

Cheers

Very well put, your choices should be respected and you should respect other's preferences. Sad that in the 21st century there are still those who criticise same-sex relationships.
Original post by mondays child
Very well put, your choices should be respected and you should respect other's preferences. Sad that in the 21st century there are still those who criticise same-sex relationships.

I feel like it's got more to do with their own personal bias. Truly, it isn't accepted in several societies, but that's something that involves you in your bedroom. Since when has your intimate activity been declared public property such that people can treat it like this? It's amazing how stupid some people can get, really. Preferences are preferences. If that's you, that's you.
Now opinions are fine, but deliberately making someone feel worse is just... NEVER a good thing to do.
I genuinely pray that people lose that sort of mentality.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
Its not about whether you have sex with men or women its about what sex means to you. Suppose you have sex with a number of men and dont get pleasured that much either, which could happen.Take more time before choosing a partner. Understand the risks too of same sex relationships, compared to straight relationships. For example, lesbian women are four times more likely to get cervical cancer than straight women later in life according to world health organisation research. Do your own research. dont listen to people who say everything will be fine, and just do what you feel, as its your body, not theirs. Whether a man or woman, its best to avoid a lot of partners for long term health.
you just do it with who you wanna do it with dont just have sex w men for the sake of it the only reason u should have it with them is because its what YOU wanna do and no one else

Quick Reply

Latest