Scroll to see replies

Make sure you proof read your essay well. You dont get autocorrected
Original post by studentcb
Any last minute advice? :smile:

Read thoroughly!
Let us know how it goes. Good luck - mine is on Saturday :s-smilie:
How did it go?
Reply 4
Hi! It went better than I thought it would. The questions in the Ultimate LNAT Collection revision book are actually harder than the test itself. The worst thing is timings! I literally had 45 minutes to do around 22 questions. The essay went okay but I spent too much time thinking when I should've been typing! When I did mock tests at home with the revision book I averaged between 18-20 (not that good lol.) At least I have done and I can focus on mocks now! Good luck for your exam! ]

Question - what have you been averaging on your mocks??
Reply 5
Original post by DILSDABOSSBABY
How did it go?

Also what LNAT unis are you applying to? I am only applying to notts uni with it.

p.s. I accidentally made a new post when I should've replied directly to your message! Check above for reply :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi! It went better than I thought it would. The questions in the Ultimate LNAT Collection revision book are actually harder than the test itself. The worst thing is timings! I literally had 45 minutes to do around 22 questions. The essay went okay but I spent too much time thinking when I should've been typing! When I did mock tests at home with the revision book I averaged between 18-20 (not that good lol.) At least I have done and I can focus on mocks now! Good luck for your exam! ]

Question - what have you been averaging on your mocks??

I've been averaging 17.8/42 on my mocks on Arbitio! Timing is hard but I guess it takes practice. I'm glad it went better than you initially expected :smile: just preparing for mine tomorrow.

I'm applying to 3 universities with the LNAT: Bristol, Nottingham and Oxford!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
I've been averaging 17.8/42 on my mocks on Arbitio! Timing is hard but I guess it takes practice. I'm glad it went better than you initially expected :smile: just preparing for mine tomorrow.

I'm applying to 3 universities with the LNAT: Bristol, Nottingham and Oxford!

I feel like it went better but I'm not sure if i'm being delusional :/ Good luck for tomorrow - pay extra attention to timing!
I feel like it went better but I'm not sure if i'm being delusional :/ Good luck for tomorrow - pay extra attention to timing!

Haha, I guess you'll just have to wait and see - I've had those moments where I think I've done very well but disappointed by my score. I think it's really hard to know because you can't see if you've got it right!! I'm sure you did great :smile:

Thank you so much!! I'll probably give a few replies after my exam - when I get home and when I get my result in like February!
Hi, I have my LNAT next Saturday. Does anyone know what score Nottingham expects or have an idea what people get in with?
Reply 10
Original post by LONDON2022
Hi, I have my LNAT next Saturday. Does anyone know what score Nottingham expects or have an idea what people get in with?

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/use_of_the_lnat_20182019_admissi_6

Take a look at the foi request for the 2018-19 cycle. Its really useful for finding that out. I checked it through and the lowest score I have seen be accepted is 16 and the highest 32. As you can see from the doc, majority of people get quite mid twenties (23-26.)

Hope this is useful and best of luck for your exam :smile:

Take a look at the foi request for the 2018-19 cycle. Its really useful for finding that out. I checked it through and the lowest score I have seen be accepted is 16 and the highest 32. As you can see from the doc, majority of people get quite mid twenties (23-26.)

Just had a look and the lowest was 14 - but that was just one candidate!

Thank you! I will search it out. I’m averaging 20. Lowest 16 and highest 28 on Arbitio. Not brilliant but hope the real thing is a bit easier.
Reply 13
Read thoroughly!
Let us know how it goes. Good luck - mine is on Saturday :s-smilie:

Hey! How did it go?
Hey! How did it go?

It was alright! :smile:
It was alright! :smile:

How did you find the difficulty in relation to arbitio? I have seen a few people say it is at the same difficulty as arbitio this year, which terrifies me! I'm really hoping it is similar to the standard of the official simulator.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by _Kestrel_
How did you find the difficulty in relation to arbitio? I have seen a few people say it is at the same difficulty as arbitio this year, which terrifies me! I'm really hoping it is similar to the standard of the official simulator.

that terrifies me - my highest on arbitio was a 22, while the lowest was a 13 (???). i got a 26 on the simulator though.
I took my LNAT exam today. I had used Arbitio. My highest on Arbitio was 28 and the lowest was 11!! I think I averaged about just under 20 on Arbitio. I would say the LNAT MCQ exam is similar to the practice test on the LNAT website. I got 24 on this. So a bit easier than Arbitio.
Original post by crstnak
that terrifies me - my highest on arbitio was a 22, while the lowest was a 13 (???). i got a 26 on the simulator though.

Judging from most people, the exam is more on par with the simulator so I wouldn't be too worried. It logically makes sense, given that the papers/simulators are provided by Pearson - arbitio is completely independent and its creators definitely have a financial motive. People generally do better than their average arbitio score; I was chatting to a now law student who had an arbitio average of 14 but achieved 27 in the real thing last year and found it significantly easier. Anecdotal, but it is something I have heard many times. Arbitio is also a lot more subjective in its answers than the LNAT.
(edited 2 years ago)
when do u normally get ur results by?

Quick Reply