The Student Room Group

A level geography 4 mark exam question about infiltration - please help

A level exam question: Outline the process of infiltration as a flow of water within a drainage basin system. The question is 4 marks - all I've done is written the description of infiltration. What else am I meant to add? I've looked online and can't find any help. Thank you in advance to all that help me :smile:
describing details of the process is all it takes nothing much and how, and when it happens adds more to this
Reply 2
Original post by Tutor Cornel
describing details of the process is all it takes nothing much and how, and when it happens adds more to this

What are the details of the process?
research and make notes
Reply 4
Original post by tinygirl96
research and make notes

I have 😭
Reply 5
I would define what infiltration is, it is the movement or flux of water from the biosphere within grasses and ground surfaces into the pedosphere (soils). Thinking of the hydrological cycle as a system, infiltration is a flux of water from surface inputs into subterannean water storages in the soil, leading to underground aquifers and channels of water etc. You could describe how infiltration relates to the water table within a drainage basin, how the type of soil or some factor that impacts infiltration rates or how infiltration balances the overland flux of water to not cause flooding or excess overland flow from a environmental management perspective, something like this. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Ðeggs
I would define what infiltration is, it is the movement or flux of water from the biosphere within grasses and ground surfaces into the pedosphere (soils). Thinking of the hydrological cycle as a system, infiltration is a flux of water from surface inputs into subterannean water storages in the soil, leading to underground aquifers and channels of water etc. You could describe how infiltration relates to the water table within a drainage basin, how the type of soil or some factor that impacts infiltration rates or how infiltration balances the overland flux of water to not cause flooding or excess overland flow from a environmental management perspective, something like this. :smile:

Wow thank you so much 😆
study by taking notes and collecting each information from google

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending