The Student Room Group

Frontline Social Work 2021/2022 Thread

Hi,

Just thought I'd start a thread for those applying to Frontline for 2022.

Applications open on October 4th.

Feel free to discuss the stages of the application process. It would also be great if people who have gone through the programme could contribute.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Dibsdown
Hi,

Feel free to discuss the stages of the application process. It would also be great if people who have gone through the programme could contribute.

I saw the other programme earlier this year Step Up but didn't apply but just reviewed the eligibility requirements for this and it's definitely something I can apply and have been considering for a while. Did think of doing a straight two years Masters at University but I'm thinking a programme like this would be better suited...

Only concern for me is the local authority placements and driving. Wouldn't say driving is something I'm confident with but from reading the programme definitely need to get comfortable.

What experience do you have?
Reply 2
Original post by Dibsdown
Hi,

Thanks for starting this thread! I'd been checking all week for one, after hearing the applications would be opening in early October. What area will you be applying for?
Reply 3
Original post by Gemz07
Thanks for starting this thread! I'd been checking all week for one, after hearing the applications would be opening in early October. What area will you be applying for?

My first choice is Westminster, London and second is Dudley. I went for local authorities that were rated 'good' or 'outstanding' by Ofsted. I attended the insight day so was able to apply a little earlier. I've sent off my application form, competency questions and completed the online tests.

The tests were okay, but I don't think you can really prepare for them. All of the choices they gave to situational judgement scenarios were valid, so I was kind of stumped at which one they expected us to choose. Good luck with your application!
Reply 4
Original post by Ash1234
I saw the other programme earlier this year Step Up but didn't apply but just reviewed the eligibility requirements for this and it's definitely something I can apply and have been considering for a while. Did think of doing a straight two years Masters at University but I'm thinking a programme like this would be better suited...

Only concern for me is the local authority placements and driving. Wouldn't say driving is something I'm confident with but from reading the programme definitely need to get comfortable.

What experience do you have?

I don't know how to drive but I'm planning on getting lessons in a few months. My first choice is London which might help with the driving thing a bit. I wanted to do a Masters but it's expensive and I don't think I'd have enough to live on, unless I move back home. I don't have much direct experience with children or work experience - I have some volunteering experience with charities though.
Hey!:smile:

I’ve also applied for this year - has anyone heard back about their online test ?

Can’t wait to go through this process! I’ve been waiting for what feels like forever!!
Reply 6
Original post by JustEmilyGrace_
Hey!:smile:

I’ve also applied for this year - has anyone heard back about their online test ?

Can’t wait to go through this process! I’ve been waiting for what feels like forever!!

Im going to do my online test tonight! how did you find it?
Reply 7
Im doing my online test tonight, im so nervous! ive been waiting for this for so long!!!
Original post by saffmacy
Im going to do my online test tonight! how did you find it?

So exciting!!

I’ve just found out I passed the online test! Now to wait to hear about my application form and whether i’ve been invited for the video interview!🤞🏼🤞🏼

It was really interesting I thought! There were some where I didn’t think there was a ‘right’ answer and that you probably needed a bit more info to be able to know! And some that were completely opposite! I don’t think you can really prepare, apart from knowing the structure of the test and things!!
Reply 9
So exciting!!

I’ve just found out I passed the online test! Now to wait to hear about my application form and whether i’ve been invited for the video interview!🤞🏼🤞🏼

It was really interesting I thought! There were some where I didn’t think there was a ‘right’ answer and that you probably needed a bit more info to be able to know! And some that were completely opposite! I don’t think you can really prepare, apart from knowing the structure of the test and things!!

Amazing! well done lovely!!! :biggrin:

does it give you a chance to practice and get used to the structure before you start? xx
Amazing! well done lovely!!! :biggrin:

does it give you a chance to practice and get used to the structure before you start? xx

thank you so much!

It does! And also the tests online were quite helpful for me to know what they were asking too! Although they’re not specific!

good luck with your test!! Let us know how it goes xx
(edited 2 years ago)
That’s great, thank you ❤️

And i will 🤞🏽
thank you so much!

It does! And also the tests online were quite helpful for me to know what they were asking too! Although they’re not specific!

good luck with your test!! Let us know how it goes xx

Just finished my online test… how quickly did you get your results? Xx
Just finished my online test… how quickly did you get your results? Xx

I put my test in on wednesday and got my results today! That was with putting it in through the early bird too, with less people applying so might be a few days at least! Xx
Omg, i didn’t expect it to be that long of a wait 🤣🙈. Im so nervous! Xx
What kind of work experience do you guys have to apply for this scheme?
Original post by Ash1234

Im a childrens dance teacher and I’ve previously worked in schools. And then just volunteering with MIND XX
Im a childrens dance teacher and I’ve previously worked in schools. And then just volunteering with MIND XX

Original post by Ash1234

I’ve worked with young people and adults with SEN since i was 16, and i currently volunteer working with young offenders! Xx

What about yourself?
Original post by Ash1234

Hey, I’m a SEND Officer and previously worked as a learning manager in a school also. I’m doing my online test tomorrow, so nervous!
I have just completed my online test, how long did it take everyone to find out the results? I'm hoping it went well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending