The Student Room Group

a level chemistry

I just joined the subject chemistry on Friday, and the class has an exam on Monday which means ive missed 3 weeks of a level chemsitry, they're still making me sit the test and if I get a bad score I get kicked out the course. I got a list of stuff they've done. any advice on how to catch up in a few days? ive been stressing so much about it.

-atomic structure and atomic molecules
-amount of substsance and moles
-determination of formulae
-molecular mass, relative formula mass
-mole equations, norm masses and percentages
-calculating imperial formula and molecular formulae
-electron structure and electron box notation
-moles and volumes
-bonding/structure
-ideal gas equations

basically im asking if anyone has any good revision techniques which won't allow me to sit and study all day long hahah. any advice could be a huge help!!!
Original post by rubyroserm
I just joined the subject chemistry on Friday, and the class has an exam on Monday which means ive missed 3 weeks of a level chemsitry, they're still making me sit the test and if I get a bad score I get kicked out the course. I got a list of stuff they've done. any advice on how to catch up in a few days? ive been stressing so much about it.

-atomic structure and atomic molecules
-amount of substsance and moles
-determination of formulae
-molecular mass, relative formula mass
-mole equations, norm masses and percentages
-calculating imperial formula and molecular formulae
-electron structure and electron box notation
-moles and volumes
-bonding/structure
-ideal gas equations

basically im asking if anyone has any good revision techniques which won't allow me to sit and study all day long hahah. any advice could be a huge help!!!

Hey !
I would highly recommend you to watch YouTube videos based on those topics if your doing OCR then look at Macchem guy's YouTube channel and if not the AQA Allery Chemistry Tutors YouTube channel. Watch the videos based on the topics and understand, any key things like definitions for example or equations memorise and write on a flash card. And the key thing is to do exam questions on those topics, the more exam questions you do you'll be able to apply it in your exam. You can do exam questions from physics and maths tutor, and make sure you mark your work! even if your getting the wrong answers looking at the mark scheme and understanding what points will get you the mark, is much better than getting the answer right the first time around, so that in your test your more likely to remember your mistakes. You'll start to realise that they will always want the same/ similar points for the bonding ect. throughout different questions. If you follow these steps you should be able to do well!
Reply 2
Original post by zaynabchow
Hey !
I would highly recommend you to watch YouTube videos based on those topics if your doing OCR then look at Macchem guy's YouTube channel and if not the AQA Allery Chemistry Tutors YouTube channel. Watch the videos based on the topics and understand, any key things like definitions for example or equations memorise and write on a flash card. And the key thing is to do exam questions on those topics, the more exam questions you do you'll be able to apply it in your exam. You can do exam questions from physics and maths tutor, and make sure you mark your work! even if your getting the wrong answers looking at the mark scheme and understanding what points will get you the mark, is much better than getting the answer right the first time around, so that in your test your more likely to remember your mistakes. You'll start to realise that they will always want the same/ similar points for the bonding ect. throughout different questions. If you follow these steps you should be able to do well!

ahhh thank you!! ill try this out, wish me luck 😅
Original post by rubyroserm
ahhh thank you!! ill try this out, wish me luck 😅

Wish me luck I got my Autumn chem resit on Tuesday ! Trust me when i say understand first and don't just memorise the textbook
chemguide is a really useful website for explanations on most of the a level content

Quick Reply

Latest