The Student Room Group

so worried to go back to work

I feel so anxious going back to work. Last time i was at work was Thursday evening and I got hit by a workcollegue.
He hit me and I have not been back since as i feel more safe at home even though i need the money. to support myself through uni and my dog Teddy
can i have some advice please?

This sounds so pathetic but i am so scared to step back through the gates of My work place. It don't normally freak me out but that he is working with me i feel uncomfortable and that the person who i thought i could talk and trust hurt me.
(edited 2 years ago)
He hit you ? Means physically attacked ?
Reply 2
Original post by icedoatlatte
He hit you ? Means physically attacked ?

across my head when we were on our break
Original post by Lillylil3
across my head when we were on our break

Omg why!!!!
If your colleague physically assaulted you, bring it up with your manager/HR immediately.
Reply 5
Because I was saying to him I was suicidal ( i'm not anymore ) and then he didn't like it even though he said i could come to him anytime

just realized i sent this twice my bad
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Omg why!!!!

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
x

please use trigger warnings when you post about sensitive topics like this
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by black tea
please use trigger warnings when you post about sensitive topics like this

Done
Done

Thanks. It may be better to use the spoiler function so that people can decide whether or not they open the post (the icon on the right with the circle and cross when you make a post). Sorry to be pedantic about this, but there are a lot of vulnerable people on here.

You might find this thread on rules helpful (it doesn't just apply to the MH forum):
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6177102
Reply 10
Original post by black tea
Thanks. It may be better to use the spoiler function so that people can decide whether or not they open the post (the icon on the right with the circle and cross when you make a post). Sorry to be pedantic about this, but there are a lot of vulnerable people on here.

You might find this thread on rules helpful (it doesn't just apply to the MH forum):
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6177102

im always at fault. all done

Spoiler

But why hit you!! Report him!
Reply 12
But why hit you!! Report him!

I will when I go back. just what if they don't listen I may get sacked.

Why would you get sackes for reporting the colleague? I suggest you get things in writing as evidence and also contact ACAS or Citizens Advice for some non legal advice should matters get to dismissal...

Your only reporting them and the employer can decide what action they take once they have consulted you. There will be a full process if you go on your companies recruitment policies should be some guidance on there how to report and what happens...

Suggest you don't engage in any contact with the colleague until you've reported them and had a meeting with HR.

Wtf report him. They wont sack you. People who think they can put their hands on other people make me so angry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending