The Student Room Group

Postgraduate psychotherapy and PGCE primary

I want to join a MA psychotherapy course in 2022 sept, which will be part time for 3 years as im working as a teaching assistant in primary right now so i also want to do my PCGE in primary, which is 1 year whilst continuing working. Is it possible to start both sept 2022?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by mjaktar
I want to join a MA psychotherapy course in 2022 sept, which will be part time for 3 years as im working as a teaching assistant in primary right now so i also want to do my PCGE in primary, which is 1 year whilst continuing working. Is it possible to start both sept 2022?

I don't think it would be feasible to do a part-time Masters whilst also doing a full-time PGCE. As part of your PGCE, you will also be doing masters-level university credits which will take time on top of being in school and planning lessons. The majority of people find that the PGCE alone is quite intensive.

I'm also not sure how funding would work, as I don't think you can get funding to do both a full-time and a part-time course at once from Student Finance? But I may be wrong on that.

Edit: Just reread your post. Are you saying you want to continue working as a TA whilst getting your PGCE?
(edited 2 years ago)
What do you ultimately want to do? Teach or be a psychotherapist? These plans just seem a bit all over the place…

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending