The Student Room Group

hormonal communication biology

please does anyone know some questions that always come up when doing a test on 'Hormonal Communication'.
thank you.
Also how do I draw an 'islet of Langerhans' and a 'pancreatic acini'
Original post by Eyinoju
please does anyone know some questions that always come up when doing a test on 'Hormonal Communication'.
thank you.
Also how do I draw an 'islet of Langerhans' and a 'pancreatic acini'

What are you needing this for ??

What is hormonal communication.......
Hormones can be thought of as chemical messages. From the blood stream, the hormones communicate with the body by heading towards their target cell to bring about a particular change or effect to that cell. The hormone can also create changes in the cells of surrounding tissues (paracrine effect).

What is hormonal in biology.........
Hormone, organic substance secreted by plants and animals that functions in the regulation of physiological activities and in maintaining homeostasis. Hormones carry out their functions by evoking responses from specific organs or tissues that are adapted to react to minute quantities of them.

What is hormonal coordination in biology...........
The endocrine system secretes hormones into the bloodstream from glands throughout the body. Hormones produce an effect on specific target organs in the body. Combined Science. Coordination and control.

In addition to the nervous system, the endocrine system is a major communication system of the body. While the nervous system uses neurotransmitters as its chemical signals, the endocrine system uses hormones.

draw an 'islet of Langerhans' and a 'pancreatic acini' :-

enzymes-cells-Structures-ducts-Acinar-clusters-pancreatic.jpg

Pancreas-acinar-cells.jpg
Reply 2
Thank you so much I have a test tomorrow on this topic
Original post by Eyinoju
Thank you so much I have a test tomorrow on this topic

You welcome ok..

Hope test goes ok for you

Is test for school / college or university....!!!
Reply 4
Original post by Allyson2020
You welcome ok..

Hope test goes ok for you

Is test for school / college or university....!!!

sixth form
Original post by Eyinoju
sixth form

Ok ta

Hopefully you'll do well in it as not easy subject to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending