The Student Room Group

Do I need to see a doctor

I’m a uni student so I don’t know if it’s just a continuation of the freshers flu I had but I keep coughing, I have no appetite I feel hot too, what should I do

Scroll to see replies

Phone 111 or your GP for medical advice. Do not phone 999.
a covid test
Original post by black tea
a covid test

Almost certainly don’t have covid im fully vaccinated
Original post by Ferrograd

being fully vaccinated doesn’t mean u can’t have covid. i know a lot of people who are fully vaccinated and have had covid

You can still contract and pass on Covid even if you’re fully vaccinated. The vaccine reduces the severity of the symptoms you’ll experience and the risk of death.

Take a test to be sure :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)

being fully vaccinate doesn't stop you from getting it
Ring 111
Reply 8
Original post by username5842250
Phone 111 or your GP for medical advice. Do not phone 999.

Theres no need to phone them either, having a mild fever and what sounds suspiciously like a cold ort flu is not the best use of their time. Especially when, as you noted, they can simply go to their doctor. It doesnt help that 111 tend to send people to A&E for most things anyway.
Original post by Lacrimosa1
****ing Gov gives everyone those Vaccinations and says 'you can travel if you are vaccinated'. They bloody kno tat these *****y vaccinations don't protect you from covid.

Every idiot from here to Hanoi gets the idea that a vaccine = 100% guaranteed immunity for perpetuity because of the Gov't. What are you gonna do xD
Original post by Callicious
Every idiot from here to Hanoi gets the idea that a vaccine = 100% guaranteed immunity for perpetuity because of the Gov't. What are you gonna do xD

lol
Tested negative as I knew I would, still feel very rough. Most concerned about the fact I have no appetite. I don’t want to lose weight.
Tested negative as I knew I would, still feel very rough. Most concerned about the fact I have no appetite. I don’t want to lose weight.

How long have you been having symptoms?
Original post by Googley_eyes
How long have you been having symptoms?

Probably about four days of this now. I felt ill before but not as bad As this
Probably about four days of this now. I felt ill before but not as bad As this

At four days probably not, flu does last a week normally, tiredness can last a bit longer. A friend of mine has had freshers flu for almost 2 weeks, she is going to the doctor. If nothing gets worse then give it a few days and if you’ve not improved after a week from initial symptoms then go to the doctor.
(edited 2 years ago)
I keep wanting to be sick and I’ve gagged and everything but nothing come up
I keep wanting to be sick and I’ve gagged and everything but nothing come up

Do you feel really nauseous like you need to be sick, or just uncomfortable and think that might help.
Original post by Anonymous
Do you feel really nauseous like you need to be sick, or just uncomfortable and think that might help.

Nauseous I’ve actually been to throw up but nothing came out
Nauseous I’ve actually been to throw up but nothing came out

Were you retching or just waiting but nothing happened? If nothing happened then it could be partly psychological like you think it will happen but in reality you’re not that sick. If you were retching then there is other advice.
Original post by Anonymous
Were you retching or just waiting but nothing happened? If nothing happened then it could be partly psychological like you think it will happen but in reality you’re not that sick. If you were retching then there is other advice.

Retching

Quick Reply