The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chi chi5
Good afternoon,

Silly question but I’m stuck on figuring out the percentile range for each decile. Is 4th decile 31-40% or 40-49%? Don’t know why my brain can’t process this 🤣😬

Just enter your score on the percentile calculator. It should be below the pdf link on their website.
Original post by advait3107
Just enter your score on the percentile calculator. It should be below the pdf link on their website.

Thank you, I did. So I’ve calculated my percentile as 39% 😬😣 but can’t tell if I’m in the 4th decile or 3rd.
(edited 2 years ago)
Thank you, I did. So I’ve calculated my percentile as 39% 😬😣 but can’t tell if I’m in the 4th decile or 3rd.

I think it would be 3rd decile then (4th would be from 40-49%).
Only 5212 band 1's this year how will this effect the cut-off scores of SJT heavy universities such as HYMS, nottingham??
Edi
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by srmedi2224
2021 Test Statistics

wow i thought it would be higher nglll
Hey guys, here are my stats, would appreciate some feedback

GCSEs: equivalent of 7A*, 2A, 2B (Maths, Persian) 1C (Urdu)
UCAT- 2630 B1

A levels: (Resitting) predicted: A*A in Bio/Chem,Awarded C & D in my 2021 CAGs, Achieved A in RE
I'm contextual/WP
'm thinking of Kings (EMDP), Edge Hill and Exeter but unsure about the 4th choice
Hi,
I would greatly appreciate some advice on the below university selection.
UCAT 2680, band 2
VR - 550
DM - 600
QR - 730
AR - 800
Band 2

In GCSE, scored grade 9 in all her 10 subjects

A-level predicted grades are A*A*A in Biology Maths Chemistry

Volunteering in a hospital to talk to patients so that they don't feel lonely and feel comforted. Also volunteered in a special school looking after small children with special needs

Looking at Manchester, SGUL, Leicester, Liverpool, Aston, KMMS

I see that Manchester cut off last year was 2640 and my score is 2680. Also Manchester only take Band 1 & 2. Band 1 + Band 2 for this year is 50%, when compared to 66% last year, meaning there will be 16% less candidates eligible to apply to Manchester this year. Last year 7th decile was 2650, but this year it is lower at 2640 (UCAT final result 2021). Considering these, would my UCAT score be enough for Manchester?

If my ucat is not high enough, do I has a good chance for Manchester via holistic approach considering my good academic scores in GCSE and Predicted grades?

My Leicester score comes to 58.5, and last year cutoff was 57. Is it more advisable than Manchester?

Is SGUL safe?

I studied GCSE in a good performing grammar school. Would that be a disadvantage for KMMS?

Is Liverpool fine? How about my chances in Aston ? I think KCL is out of scope, is this right?

Would really appreciate your help.

Many thanks
Hey guys, these are my stats, would love any advice.

Graduate from Canada with predicted 1st equivalent in Health Sciences (BSc)
UCAT score is 2720 (VR: 640 DM: 650 QR: 660 AR: 770) B3 :frown:
Have not done GCSE or A-level so I think only my degree and UCAT will be considered. I know SGUL doesn't look at SJT but the cut-offs last year for grads were insanely high, does anyone think they will go down this year?
Considering: Glasgow, UEA
Lots of employment, volunteering, extra-curricular, study abroad, clinical experience
Original post by Ravikumarkanna

I see that Manchester cut off last year was 2640 and my score is 2680. Also Manchester only take Band 1 & 2. Band 1 + Band 2 for this year is 50%, when compared to 66% last year, meaning there will be 16% less candidates eligible to apply to Manchester this year. Last year 7th decile was 2650, but this year it is lower at 2640 (UCAT final result 2021). Considering these, would my UCAT score be enough for Manchester?

There are over 3000 more people taking UCAT this year so even if the decile is a bit lower you've got more competition so the cut off will probably rise to around 2660 if the same percentage of people apply to Manchester.

Do you know the SJT scores for people applying last year? You'd have to correlate SJT to UCAT mean to be sure of your 16% figure.
(edited 2 years ago)

youre in the 4th decile, 1st decile is 1st-10thpercentile etc.
Hi my gcses are

8s and 7s in all subjects

Alevels achieved are AAA

would these stats give me a good chnace at Lancaster uni considering that I meet the BMAT cut off as i believe it is around 10.5 for home students?
Original post by davideg
There are over 3000 more people taking UCAT this year so even if the decile is a bit lower you've got more competition so the cut off will probably rise to around 2660 if the same percentage of people apply to Manchester.

Do you know the SJT scores for people applying last year? You'd have to correlate SJT to UCAT mean to be sure of your 16% figure.

@davideg - Thank you for your reply. The main thing I want to find out ===> Is Manchester a safe bet for my score (2680) band 2, is the cut-off expected to increase more than 2680 ?
There are 3000 more people taking UCAT. As I am on 75th percentile, considering that there will be 300 more people per decile, there will be 750 more people who scored above me this year when compared to last year.
I am not sure if there is any correlation between UCAT score to SJT score, but as overall the applicants who scored Band 1 + 2 are 16% lower when compared to last year.

Is SGUL safe for me ?
Is KCL out of scope for my score ?
My Leicester score comes to 58.5, and last year cutoff was 57. Is it more advisable than Manchester?

Thanks a lot
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Saff00123
Hey guys, these are my stats, would love any advice.

Graduate from Canada with predicted 1st equivalent in Health Sciences (BSc)
UCAT score is 2720 (VR: 640 DM: 650 QR: 660 AR: 770) B3 :frown:
Have not done GCSE or A-level so I think only my degree and UCAT will be considered. I know SGUL doesn't look at SJT but the cut-offs last year for grads were insanely high, does anyone think they will go down this year?
Considering: Glasgow, UEA
Lots of employment, volunteering, extra-curricular, study abroad, clinical experience

No one knows if SGUL’s grad cutoff will go down unfortunately...but they did reduce it from 2800 (for grads) to 2620 (for everyone) during Clearing, so who knows, perhaps they think it was a bit high to start with? Saying that, there are so many more applicants again this year and SGUL always deliberately save spaces for Clearing so don’t suppose they’ll have a particular need to lower it during the main cycle. Apologies, I don’t know anything about your other choices.
Hi everyone,

Sorry to be reposting my stats. Since the final deciles came out and I was wondering if applying to Kings College London would be safe or not.

GCSEs: 4 x 9, 5 x 8, 1x 7 (French)

A-Levels: A*A*A* (Biology, Chemistry, Psychology). Plus A* in EPQ. (196 Tariff Points)

UCAT: 2770 (84th Percentile) & my prized Band 1!

Originally my options were: Imperial, UCL, Barts & St George. But would Kings be safe for me to apply to? I think I might swap it for St George, or UCL.

@becausethenight @A_J_B @GANFYD [Sorry for tagging you, I know you guys are super busy! :frown: ]
Original post by sophieamiller2
Please could you explain Aston's scoring system, I can't seem to find it! Thanks xx

Scroll down to the second page :smile: https://www.aston.ac.uk/sites/default/files/AMS%20Admissions%20Data%202020_21.pdf
If you need help understanding the whole '0.5 gradations' thing, someone posted a helpful list on page 5 of the Aston thread (hidden in a spoiler) https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7080374
GCSEs and full grade/subject breakdown:
All 9s in bio, chem, physics, maths, English lit, English language, history, classical civ, Latin and music

A levels, subjects and predictions
History A*
Maths A*
Chem A
Bio B

UCAT and breakdown of subsections
VR: 590
DM:b 750
QR: 730
AR: 800
Total: 2870

SJT band: 2

Brief mention of work experience:
Virtual work experience - BSMS + ObserveGP
Med soc at school
2 online courses on cancer medicine and Antimicrobial resistance
Independent research on neurological disorders

Any contextual or WP flags: none

The research you have done and any preferences: i am hoping to apply to Newcastle, Sheffield, Leicester and UEA and wanting to go to each one of them in that order, I was wondering if my UCAT and well everything let’s me to go to each one, cause I am unsure if I would be able to get into Newcastle, and please let me know if there are any other unis that I should look at with my grades and UCAT.

Thank you so much for your time!
Original post by Makee2992
Last year TMC had no people on the course even interview at Manchester, i'd look at swapping that out

Thanks. can I ask where you saw that as they told me they're accepting... 😟
Heyy I have an idea of what unis to apply to but wanted your opinion to see if they are okay

GCSEs
-8 x 9's
-5 x 8's

IB (achieved grades)
40 points
776 for my bio, geo and chem HL

UCAS Tariff

UCAT
2710 (78th Percentile)
-VR 630
-DM 660
-QR 690
-AR 730
-Band 2

My options are Barts, Leicester, Dundee and UEA but I'm not sure if it's safe for me.

Thanks

@GANFYD @becausethenight
Original post by Effyd123
Thanks. can I ask where you saw that as they told me they're accepting... 😟

My SO attended last year, assuming the same lecturers are present I think it was Nigel that mentioned no one got in this year to Manchester. That said it's possible this was UCAT related as IIRC Manchester take top 30% so 2640+ this year, the coupled with the fact you can only apply twice and they have other restrictions too it'd potentially worth swapping it out.

Latest

Trending

Trending