The Student Room Group

University of Leicester A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

I applied last year with achieved grades and got in. There are a lot of people in my cohort who did the same. So definitely worth a try.

Original post by Clintt15
Even if you have achieved a levels do people think Leicester is a safe choice for interview this year?
Hey, I have a score of 59.5/64.
I saw that the cut off was 57 last year - was this for a guaranteed interview or just for consideration for interview?
What are my chances?
Original post by Sloth_Roman
Hey, I have a score of 59.5/64.
I saw that the cut off was 57 last year - was this for a guaranteed interview or just for consideration for interview?
What are my chances?

https://le.ac.uk/medicine/study/applying/statistics
Reply 103
I have a score of 58, my ucat was 2620 and I have full gcse score. I also have achieved grades of ABC but I’m resitting in autumn. Is it worth applying to leicester with 58- I think the cutoffs going to be higher this year
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by j.a.m.ucat
I have a question about this... if there is a strong motivation for someone with achieved A levels and upper 50% UCAT to choose to apply to Leicester for the guaranteed interview, why aren't all these people and others putting an even larger population pressure on other schools which interview the upper 50% of UCAT's with almost no other condition? It seems like a paradox. Is it because some schools are more desireable than others as places to study particular interests?

Which other places are guaranteeing an interview to people with >2500 UCAT?
Original post by j.a.m.ucat
Um, plymouth? Or do I misunderstand a lot of things....

Not this year, they don't! And last year, when they pre-published their cut off, they had to increase A levels requirements to A*AA to cut down numbers.
is it worth applying with a score of 58?
Original post by Adamaiiqbal
is it worth applying with a score of 58?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=1032499&d=1633211030

use this as guidance.
Original post by Vdr2021
Congratulations!!
Were you on the waiting list?

Hi, I was also placed on the waiting list at Leicester and was encouraged to email in on results day with confirmed grades. I was wondering if you are considering to reapply to Leicester this application cycle (2022) as well. I have read on their website that reapplicants who were rejected must score significantly better in their interview this time round and also that their previous interview score will be considered! i feel as if this would put us at more of a disadvantage this time round than anything else.
Original post by johndeflank123
Has anyone else received the news that unfortunately Leicester will not be giving places to current waiting list students? Did anyone else get this?
thanks

Hi, I was also placed on the waiting list at Leicester and was encouraged to email in on results day with confirmed grades. I was wondering if you are considering to reapply to Leicester this application cycle (2022) as well. I have read on their website that reapplicants who were rejected must score significantly better in their interview this time round and also that their previous interview score will be considered! i feel as if this would put us at more of a disadvantage this time round than anything else.
Original post by A_J_B
Leicester guarantees interviews to achieved A level applicants https://le.ac.uk/medicine/study/mbchb/scoring

@A_J_B, does this apply to international students as well if they meet the criteria for a guaranteed interview? Or are they subjected to scoring system only
Original post by countwraith
@A_J_B, does this apply to international students as well if they meet the criteria for a guaranteed interview? Or are they subjected to scoring system only

I’d assume that’s the case. From the link, it says “Provided you have attained at least grade B/6 at first sitting in the four mandatory GCSE subjects, plus AAA or A*AB2 at A level (IB 34 or more including 666 or 7,6,52 in HL subjects) in our required subjects within two years of your GCSEs, and have a total UCAT score in the top 5 deciles with an SJT Band 1-3 we will automatically invite you to interview provided you are within two years of leaving school. Otherwise your application will be scored using your GCSEs and UCAT scores as with those applying with predicted A-level grades.”
Original post by CarmelaHLT
I’d assume that’s the case. From the link, it says “Provided you have attained at least grade B/6 at first sitting in the four mandatory GCSE subjects, plus AAA or A*AB2 at A level (IB 34 or more including 666 or 7,6,52 in HL subjects) in our required subjects within two years of your GCSEs, and have a total UCAT score in the top 5 deciles with an SJT Band 1-3 we will automatically invite you to interview provided you are within two years of leaving school. Otherwise your application will be scored using your GCSEs and UCAT scores as with those applying with predicted A-level grades.”

Are u assuming thas the case cuz IB requirements are mentioned? What if they mean IB requiremnets for UK students?
Original post by countwraith
Are u assuming thas the case cuz IB requirements are mentioned? What if they mean IB requiremnets for UK students?

Pretty confident that it counts for you too. In 1.0 of the General Information from the scoring application link, it says the info for home applicants also applies for international/EU applicants. But if you’re still unsure, it’s always worth contacting the uni directly about the application process/requirements. :smile:
Hi all :smile: I'm looking to send in my extenuating circumstances with the relevant evidence to the admissions team, but I'm not sure if it'll grant me anything. The website mentions extenuating circumstances being considered for re-sits and people who miss the academic requirements, but I achieved A*AA and meet all the academic requirements, even though my case served a massive disruption to my A-Levels and specifically my UCAT.
Will submitting my EC be worth it?
Original post by snepspell
Hi all :smile: I'm looking to send in my extenuating circumstances with the relevant evidence to the admissions team, but I'm not sure if it'll grant me anything. The website mentions extenuating circumstances being considered for re-sits and people who miss the academic requirements, but I achieved A*AA and meet all the academic requirements, even though my case served a massive disruption to my A-Levels and specifically my UCAT.
Will submitting my EC be worth it?

I'd say it's worth a shot : )
Original post by KA_P
I'd say it's worth a shot : )

I agree, no harm in doing so i guess :grin: Ty! (again)
Original post by snepspell
I agree, no harm in doing so i guess :grin: Ty! (again)

Ahaha I'm really no help just some moral support : )))
Original post by blueve03
Could reapplying to Leicester be a little risky as I have previously done an interview with them? Their admissions document says:

"They will need to demonstrate a significant improvement in any potential interview
score to be considered for an offer, as the previous year’s score will also be taken into account. We do this
to balance out any advantage due to being familiar with our interview process and stations."

I just don't know how much they mean by 'significant'. I received an interview score of 83 (when the cutoff was 85) so would I need a huge jump to 90+ to receive an offer? I'm not sure if I should bother with Leicester anymore.

Thank you for any input given!!

Hi, I am in the exact same position as you. I was waitlisted and was told my application would be taken 'favourably' for a reapplication in 2022 cycle, however, after reading about that on their website i am much less tempted to reapply to them. I emailed them to clarify about this and they stated that students who were waitlisted last year are indeed classified as rejected students and so do have to perform significantly better. I was also told that they will add both our previous score and new score and average it for a final value. This means that i too must score 90+ even to be considered for an offer according to last years cut off of 85- there's no clarification if this value will increase as well.
Original post by Supergirl1659
Hi, I am in the exact same position as you. I was waitlisted and was told my application would be taken 'favourably' for a reapplication in 2022 cycle, however, after reading about that on their website i am much less tempted to reapply to them. I emailed them to clarify about this and they stated that students who were waitlisted last year are indeed classified as rejected students and so do have to perform significantly better. I was also told that they will add both our previous score and new score and average it for a final value. This means that i too must score 90+ even to be considered for an offer according to last years cut off of 85- there's no clarification if this value will increase as well.

Some snakes 😂😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending