The Student Room Group

PCOS

My mum has PCOS and I cant tell if I have it or not doctors have said it’s extremely likely. Though I do have regular periods tbh , I get a lot of unwanted dark hair but could be due to having dark hair anyway, struggle to loose weight doesn’t matter how much exercise I do or how healthy I eat, get alot of mood swings, thinning hair , oily skins and acne. Also have low libido which I heard is linked to it but due to having quite regular periods have not been tested.
Get tested op
My sister has pcos and the symptoms sound similar
Original post by Anonymous
My mum i#has PCOS and I cant tell if I have it or not doctors have said it’s extremely likely. Though I do have regular periods tbh , I get a lot of unwanted dark hair but could be due to having dark hair anyway, struggle to loose weight doesn’t matter how much exercise I do or how healthy I eat, get alot of mood swings, thinning hair , oily skins and acne. Also have low libido which I heard is linked to it but due to having quite regular periods have not been tested.

I'm 16 and haven't had my periods since 2 years. I'm a virgin. I also have PCOS. If you are a teenager, this is normal. Chances are that it's just hitruism. Most asians and hispanics have it.
Reply 3
Original post by WazzWazz98
Get tested op
My sister has pcos and the symptoms sound similar

Sorry to ask but did she get regular periods
People with PCOS don't have periods...
Reply 5

Some do

yes they do. do your research before giving false info. you can have irregular , missed or no periods at all
Original post by gracieee16
yes they do LoL do your research before giving false info. 😂😂 you can have irregular , missed or no periods at all

It's not funny. I actually have PCOS

No hers were irregular

I have PCOS and I have regular periods
Original post by black tea
I have PCOS and I have regular periods

tbh, I'm just 16. I'm not a doctor. I'm not a proffesional. I'm just a 16 year old who's learning. I didn't know that you can still have regular periods. Thanks :smile:
Go to the doctors and and get a blood test and scan done
Original post by Student5cience
Go to the doctors and and get a blood test and scan done

But I feel like if I go doctors it’ll be counted as pointless due to pandemic and not really affecting my health rn
It's not funny. I actually have PCOS

so do i. sorry u go through it but pcos doesn’t just make periods go away for everyone. there’s so many symptoms...
Original post by gracieee16
so do i. sorry u go through it but pcos doesn’t just make periods go away for everyone. there’s so many symptoms...

It's alright. I just didn't know that. I hate being bloated and gaining weight because of it. I used to have a very fast metabolism.
these r literally what people think pcos symptoms are:
a infertility condition
irregular periods
cysts in ovaries

what other symptoms occur :
pain
hair loss / thinning scalp
excessive hair
acne
weight gain or trouble losing weight
inflammation (gluten and dairy)
mood swings
sleep issues
dark colours on skin (can’t remember the name)

rare symptoms :
small boobs
low voice etc
(edited 2 years ago)
My aunts got a very deep voice.
It's alright. I just didn't know that. I hate being bloated and gaining weight because of it. I used to have a very fast metabolism.

sorry for being so rude. i thought you were someone who was taking the mick. i hope your symptoms can get better, pm me if you want :smile: pcos isn’t good at all. hope they find a cure.🤗🤗x
My aunts got a very deep voice.

yeah but like it’s a rare symptom? i have been teaching and researching about this condition as i wanna learn about it to be there for other people as well. i know it isn’t pleasant :frown:
also i searched this, it does say u can have periods but doesn’t mean you ovulate. how does that work? maybe you have periods but don’t ovulate or you simply have mild pcos.

Quick Reply

Latest