The Student Room Group

Pharmacy apprenticeship

I just came across a pharmacy apprenticeship but I don't fully understand what it is. Can someone explain this to me pleaseeee

Scroll to see replies

sure apprenticeships are basically a mix of full time work and studying. You get different levels so level 2 = GCSE, level 3 = a levels, level 4 = foundation degree and degree level = undergraduate degree. Level 7 = masters degree.

Apprenticeships either do block release, for example you might work 6 weeks then go to college/ university every day for 2 weeks, or you might go to college/university every other Thursday for example.

I think that's most stuff but feel free to ask me any questions
Reply 2
Original post by josie71202
sure apprenticeships are basically a mix of full time work and studying. You get different levels so level 2 = GCSE, level 3 = a levels, level 4 = foundation degree and degree level = undergraduate degree. Level 7 = masters degree.

Apprenticeships either do block release, for example you might work 6 weeks then go to college/ university every day for 2 weeks, or you might go to college/university every other Thursday for example.

I think that's most stuff but feel free to ask me any questions

Do all pharmacy apprenticeships make you go to a college to study?
I'm looking into the Boots pharmacy apprenticeships currently
Original post by zarahh09
Do all pharmacy apprenticeships make you go to a college to study?
I'm looking into the Boots pharmacy apprenticeships currently

so everywhere has a training provider usually at a college. You'd have to speak to Boots to check exactly where but you'd almost certainly attend a college
Reply 4
so everywhere has a training provider usually at a college. You'd have to speak to Boots to check exactly where but you'd almost certainly attend a college

oooh right
Also is there any topics i can talk about as an Independent research project (IRP) for pharmacy - which I can inlcude in my personal statement
oooh right
Also is there any topics i can talk about as an Independent research project (IRP) for pharmacy - which I can inlcude in my personal statement

yeah anything medical would be good and show an interest in the topic
Reply 6
yeah anything medical would be good and show an interest in the topic

Would Alzheimer be good topic?
Would you have to write a personal statement for an apprenticeship with a pharmacy? It's not like you'd be applying to study a degree.
Would Alzheimer be good topic?

I'm nowhere near an expert on pharmacy and how to impress and impress an employer but I'd be impressed I'd find it shows a passion. Maybe focus on the medicines or pharmaceutical products involved
Reply 9
Original post by markova21
Would you have to write a personal statement for an apprenticeship with a pharmacy? It's not like you'd be applying to study a degree.

I'm not sure. Currently everyone is being told to fill in UCAS + do their personal statement
I'm not sure. Currently everyone is being told to fill in UCAS + do their personal statement

Do you want to become a Pharmacist and study the 4 year MPharm? Or do you just want to work in a pharmacy as an assistant?

what level are you looking at
Reply 12
Do you want to become a Pharmacist and study the 4 year MPharm? Or do you just want to work in a pharmacy as an assistant?

I want to do an apprenticeship working as an assistant maybe. i haven't decided
Reply 13
what level are you looking at

Is a-level a thing for pharmacy apprenticeships?
I want to do an apprenticeship working as an assistant maybe. i haven't decided

My son got his pharmacy assistant job by having work experience in retail. He volunteered in a cancer charity shop, which led to a paid supermarket job, which led to a paid job as a pharmacy assistant. You don't need to fill in any UCAS forms to do this. Just look at your local job vacancies in your area.

have you found a vacancy or not. if not maybe try the find an apprenticeship website

My son initially didn't get the job, as it was given to someone who had experience in working in a pharmacy before. However she quit after a few weeks and they phoned my son up and offered him the job. He has a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care, grades DDM ( worth 3 A Levels) and was able to talk about multi disciplinary work and anti discriminatory practice etc in his interview. Confidentiality, etc .
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 17
My son got his pharmacy assistant job by having work experience in retail. He volunteered in a cancer charity shop, which led to a paid supermarket job, which led to a paid job as a pharmacy assistant. You don't need to fill in any UCAS forms to do this. Just look at your local job vacancies in your area.

I think UCAS applications are for uni but my college is making everyone do it
Reply 18
have you found a vacancy or not. if not maybe try the find an apprenticeship website

No i haven't. I've been panicking the whole day trying to think of apprenticeships I could do and pharmacy is one i came across this evening and i wasn't sure on anything about it
I think UCAS applications are for uni but my college is making everyone do it

Well that's just daft if you don't actually want to go to Uni. I know some college courses are applied for via UCAS, but I would imagine the vast majority of local FE courses are applied to directly to the college. They are probably trying to push as many people from your school to apply to Uni as possible. ( Makes the school look good).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending