The Student Room Group

I can't seem to study

I can't seem to force myself to study, I think I have a burnout from GCSE because I studied too much and now I can't seem to focus. Does anyone have any tips because I really need to do good in year 13?
I sent this to someone else and this really seemed to help them; I hope it'll help you too :smile:

One of the best ways that help me is organising a revision guide.
For example:
- For 3hrs a night I will do revision;
- 1hr physics
- 1hr Spanish
- 1hr English (for example).
- Only revise what you are really struggling with at a certain time and in the order of when your exams are;
- If you have a biology exam on Wednesday and a drama exam on Friday revise for the bio first.
- If I need any help I email the subject teacher directly to get additional help.
- I use online educational websites such as:
- Seneca learning
- BBC bitesize

Then I have to find time for my music practice (will not apply to everyone).
- I must do:
- 2hrs of flute a day
- 1hr of piano a day
- 1hr of singing a day.
- Sometimes if I have a practice session during the day I can do less practice at night.
- If I have a lesson the next day I prioritise that;
- I have a flute lesson tomorrow, so I'll do additional practice tonight.

It's really important to keep a balance of study life and social/rest life.
- I try to have at least an hour of my own time, whether that be reading or skincare.
- Usually, I spend a bit of time on social media but with a combination of no wifi and Instagram being down I haven't been able to today :laugh:
- I'm always off devices by 10 pm so I can have a break before I go to bed.

Overall, keep a balance, else you'll just burn out.

Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
I'm afraid it's just discipline, I thought I had GCSE burn out, but i hardly think that's a real thing tbh. Once i got myself sticking to a study plan I have had no issue.
Original post by hdads17
I can't seem to force myself to study, I think I have a burnout from GCSE because I studied too much and now I can't seem to focus. Does anyone have any tips because I really need to do good in year 13?

Don't study too much
Reply 4
Original post by Diet coke man
Don't study too much

lol the issue is I’m not studying at all now 😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending