The Student Room Group

Liverpool Dentistry 2022 Entry

Welcome to the Liverpool Dentistry 2022 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

Undergraduate Dentistry 2022 entry thread: Official Dentistry 2022 Applicants' Thread! - The Student Room

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

First post:ahee:
Hey everyone!

Who’s choosing Liverpool as their firm choice?
Original post by DarkShadow101
Hey everyone!

Who’s choosing Liverpool as their firm choice?

Do you mean for 2021 entry? This thread is for 2022 entry, but you can find the 2021 entry thread here.
Reply 4
do I have a chance of being considered for dentistry here w ucat 2600 b3
Original post by mxrixm
do I have a chance of being considered for dentistry here w ucat 2600 b3

Liverpool use ucat at personal statement to decide interview. Assuming you've met minimum entry requirements
Original post by Sm 002 u mug
Liverpool use ucat at personal statement to decide interview. Assuming you've met minimum entry requirements

What’s Liverpool’s UCAT cut off?
Original post by DrSmile
What’s Liverpool’s UCAT cut off?

No such thing.if you got a very strong ps id imagine they will interview u regardless. Dont quote me on that though.
No such thing.if you got a very strong ps id imagine they will interview u regardless. Dont quote me on that though.

You are the motivation I need right now 🙏🏽
Do you think I have a realistic chance with 2440 UCAT B3?
I know they are one of the least ucat heavy unis but I feel like my ucat is too low for any dental schools so I’m very worried (+ they have less places this year)
Gcses are 999888877
Alevels predicted A*A*A
Original post by Username4u
Do you think I have a realistic chance with 2440 UCAT B3?
I know they are one of the least ucat heavy unis but I feel like my ucat is too low for any dental schools so I’m very worried (+ they have less places this year)
Gcses are 999888877
Alevels predicted A*A*A

You have very good gcses so it might compensate for it plus they don’t take into account sjt.
Original post by thomasgrta
You have very good gcses so it might compensate for it plus they don’t take into account sjt.

Thanks!! I hope I can get an interview offer at least :smile:
That not true. I called up to confirm their admissions and they say

They look whether you meet the MINIMUM requirements and

Score your ps and use ucat to select interviews.

There isnt anything suggesting that liverpool dentistry uses GCSES more than minimum requirements.
someone said it's 100% ucat this year. I hope they're lying
Original post by Asha2304

I heard this too. Made me reconsider applying
Original post by Katie_w4194
I heard this too. Made me reconsider applying

Where are you applying to now if you don’t mind me asking :smile:
Original post by Asha2304

This is for medicine, not dentistry.
Cheers
do you know how long they have been using this process for? or is this something new for this year just like how medicine changed their selection process this year?

That not true. I called up to confirm their admissions and they say

They look whether you meet the MINIMUM requirements and

Score your ps and use ucat to select interviews.

There isnt anything suggesting that liverpool dentistry uses GCSES more than minimum requirements.
Original post by Username4u
do you know how long they have been using this process for? or is this something new for this year just like how medicine changed their selection process this year?

their 2018 prospectus looks no different to 2022. So im not sure, however they did say the PS is score and the UCAT is taken to account.

No amount of A*s can save you unfortunately… at GCSE or A-level. I found that quite bizarre.

Quick Reply

Latest