The Student Room Group

TSR News Quiz #32 (1st Oct 2021)

Quiz of the Week is back again!

Welcome to the thirty-second instalment of the Quiz of the Week series! Once again the quiz covers some of the biggest national and international issues of the week, as well as a couple of questions on the weird and wonderful.

Visit the master thread for more details of the series, and to sign up for notifications when a quiz goes live!

How it works
This quiz is conducted via Google Forms, and you have until Friday at midnight (or Thursday at 11.59pm if that is clearer) to play the game! The form will ask you to fill in your TSR username, and this is essential if you want to be in contention for the prize! Please feel free to comment and share your scores below this also makes verifying the scores easier!

Once again you'll notice the tiebreaker question in place. As usual, this is one where the answer is a big number, and if there's a tie for first place, the winner of the prize will be the person who gets closest to the correct answer! (And yes, it can also help us spot anyone who looks like they might have received help from Google as they did the quiz.)

Scoring
The form will automatically score the quiz for you. Once again we're able to offer a prize of 100 rep, thanks to the Community Staff!

Happy quizzing!
It's good to be back doing a news quiz again!

Spoiler

Tagging everyone on the list:

Spoiler

7/10 :biggrin:
Classic me, I closed it without checking my score :facepalm:
Original post by 04MR17
Classic me, I closed it without checking my score :facepalm:

Well as long as you put in your username, you'll get a pleasant (I hope!) surprise in a week's time! :tongue:
Reply 5
7/10 for moi
*Pretends to be Len Goodman* Seven!
Reply 7
Only 6/10, I changed from Christmas Eve to New Years.
Another 7/10.
I also severely overestimated the size of Germany's population :s-smilie:
Original post by Rakas21
Only 6/10, I changed from Christmas Eve to New Years.

Spoiler

On the evidence of the thread, knowledge of the German electorate could come in handy!
Original post by Saracen's Fez

Spoiler

I heard 6 months, which is why I went with Easter :frown:
It's time to announce the results!

And I believe a bit of history is being made today, as four people finished with the joint-highest score, meaning the tiebreaker is called into action for the first time that I can remember!

Slightly frustratingly, it hasn't successfully broken the tie. The answer to the number of people who voted in the German federal election was 46,838,765, and two people had a joint closest answer to that with 50 million.

That means the standings look as follows:

:king1: =1st: @Napp and @CatusStarbright (7 points + tiebreaker)
:king3: =3rd: @becausethenight and @-Imperator- (7 points)
=5th: @Ra_Ar, @Rakas21 and @englishhopeful98 (6 points)
=8th: @04MR17 and @sufys12 (4 points)

The closest-run quiz from top to bottom that I've seen so a very well done to everyone and a big thanks for playing along!

Congratulations to @Napp and @CatusStarbright, who both win the rep prize. Hopefully @Pink Unicorn will be able to sort you out with that when she gets a chance! :woo:
Original post by Saracen's Fez
It's time to announce the results!

And I believe a bit of history is being made today, as four people finished with the joint-highest score, meaning the tiebreaker is called into action for the first time that I can remember!

Slightly frustratingly, it hasn't successfully broken the tie. The answer to the number of people who voted in the German federal election was 46,838,765, and two people had a joint closest answer to that with 50 million.

That means the standings look as follows:

:king1: =1st: @Napp and @CatusStarbright (7 points + tiebreaker)
:king3: =3rd: @becausethenight and @-Imperator- (7 points)
=5th: @Ra_Ar, @Rakas21 and @englishhopeful98 (6 points)
=8th: @04MR17 and @sufys12 (4 points)

The closest-run quiz from top to bottom that I've seen so a very well done to everyone and a big thanks for playing along!

Congratulations to @Napp and @CatusStarbright, who both win the rep prize. Hopefully @Pink Unicorn will be able to sort you out with that when she gets a chance! :woo:

I finally won a quiz! :eek:
Rats, if I’d not changed my Christmas answer I’d have won. I got 45million ish for the tiebreaker.
Only just got around to doing it and scores 8 lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending