The Student Room Group

HSBC 2022 graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Puppypower1
Any tips for the immersive test? Good luck for job sim

It’s actually quite straightforward. Make sure you prefer options which are more team based and some options where you are proactive. Never too independent. Numericals are straightforward as well. My report showed weakness in numericals but I still made it through so shouldn’t be a hassle.
Original post by Kavya30
It’s actually quite straightforward. Make sure you prefer options which are more team based and some options where you are proactive. Never too independent. Numericals are straightforward as well. My report showed weakness in numericals but I still made it through so shouldn’t be a hassle.

i did mine 2-3 days ago, got the report but no result yet, how long does it usually take?
Original post by Kavya30

Thank you !
Original post by cheapheadphone
i did mine 2-3 days ago, got the report but no result yet, how long does it usually take?

I got mine a day after the report
For those that may find it helpful, (for the third time in a row) I failed. This was after the job immersion assessment, can't seem to pass them...

Dear Leader,
We would like to thank you for completing the Job Simulation as part of your HSBC application to the position of Markets & Securities Services - Quantitative Finance - Full-Time Associate Programme (UK - London).
In order to gain a full understanding of the meaning of your test results, your performance has been compared to that of a large group of individuals who have previously completed these tests when applying for a Graduate / Internship role at HSBC Global Businesses.
It is with regret that we must advise you that unfortunately you have not been successful in meeting our requirements. Regrettably it is not possible to provide individual feedback due to the high number of applications we receive. We trust, however, that the Feedback Report following the completion of the Online Immersive Assessment, giving you some insight into how you can work on your highest and lowest scoring attributes, has been useful.
If you could spare a few moments, we would be really keen to hear your feedback on the Job Simulation, as well as your HSBC journey to date. We would therefore ask that, if you have time, you complete our survey by clicking the link below:
Job Simulation Survey
Can't access the media? Copy this link into your browser:
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in HSBC and wish you every success for the future.
Kind regards
HSBC Graduate Recruitment Team
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Leaderboard
For those that may find it helpful, (for the third time in a row) I failed. This was after the job immersion assessment, can't seem to pass them...

Dear Leader,
We would like to thank you for completing the Job Simulation as part of your HSBC application to the position of Markets & Securities Services - Quantitative Finance - Full-Time Associate Programme (UK - London).
In order to gain a full understanding of the meaning of your test results, your performance has been compared to that of a large group of individuals who have previously completed these tests when applying for a Graduate / Internship role at HSBC Global Businesses.
It is with regret that we must advise you that unfortunately you have not been successful in meeting our requirements. Regrettably it is not possible to provide individual feedback due to the high number of applications we receive. We trust, however, that the Feedback Report following the completion of the Online Immersive Assessment, giving you some insight into how you can work on your highest and lowest scoring attributes, has been useful.
If you could spare a few moments, we would be really keen to hear your feedback on the Job Simulation, as well as your HSBC journey to date. We would therefore ask that, if you have time, you complete our survey by clicking the link below:
Job Simulation Survey
Can't access the media? Copy this link into your browser:
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in HSBC and wish you every success for the future.
Kind regards
HSBC Graduate Recruitment Team

Sorry to hear this good luck in your other applications :frown: these VI interviews can be brutal
Reply 26
Has anyone applied for IBD FT and heard back after job sim? I've been waiting for almost a month now lol
Original post by SomMC1
Thats unfortunate, sorry to hear that. how long after the job sim did they send you this rejection email?

3 days, at 1 am UK time.
Hey all. I completed my HSBC immersive assessment a couple of hours ago. I received an email asking for my participation in a survey. Some of the questions mentioned feedback and how helpful I found it.

Did everyone get feedback after completing the immersive online assessment? If so, how long after?
(edited 2 years ago)
Did anyone apply for technology graduate program and done with the fourth stage ie the codility round ? How was it? I got email that I was progressed fo next stage is the coding test.
How long after the job simulation did you get the invite for the codility round ?
Reply 31
Did you end up accepting the off cycle ?
That’s soo bad! So they just cancel the scheme or did it fill up?
Original post by user489030000
How long after the job simulation did you get the invite for the codility round ?

I got an email first that I have met the benchmarks for job simulation around 1 week after I gave job simulation. In that email It was mentioned that they are reviewing the application and will let me know.
I got the coding round email around 2.5 weeks after job simulation and it’s mentioning that after coding round they will again review the application as a whole and then if successful proceed with the final stage,
Reply 34
I really don’t understand how they could just cancel the grad scheme - why open it from the beginning if they’re just not gonna proceed? So weird
Original post by Sahib2312
I got an email first that I have met the benchmarks for job simulation around 1 week after I gave job simulation. In that email It was mentioned that they are reviewing the application and will let me know.
I got the coding round email around 2.5 weeks after job simulation and it’s mentioning that after coding round they will again review the application as a whole and then if successful proceed with the final stage,

Thanks
Reply 36
Can you show us the email ?
Reply 37
Original post by s_10
I really don’t understand how they could just cancel the grad scheme - why open it from the beginning if they’re just not gonna proceed? So weird

They are able to change their stance at a whim and they do not care about how it affects the applicants whatsoever. They changed their stance ultimately because in doing so, it made better financial sense for them (fewer operating costs, less people to train, etc etc).
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 38
Has anyone done the job simulation for commercial banking and can share their experience? thank you.
Hi all,

I have to complete my job simulation in the next few days. For those who have completed it, was the video questions wanting you to answer using your own experiences (STAR approach), or just using the information provided?

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest