The Student Room Group

Choosing uni for MBA

Hey guys, I am looking to apply for an MBA in UK (non-EU national). Have 5.5 yrs work experience, decent grades in graduation, and would like some advice on which universities to apply to, hopefully with the tuition fee in the 15-18K range maximum.
The choice of unis is overwhelming so would appreciate some recommendations.
Thanks
(edited 2 years ago)
Your tuition fee budget is quite low.
Most of the high profile mba courses with the strongest reputations on an international level have tuition fees in excess of £30k, even for uk citizen home students.

Do you have any additional potential sources of mba funding?
Such as corporate sponsorship, family, government funding or a scholarship.
I was hoping to get some sort of scholarship, whether govt or by the university. But those usually give max. 3-4 k as scholarship. So the tuition budget can stretch out to around 20-22 k with this, but not more than that.
A few unis fall under/ around this budget - East Anglia, Nottingham Trent, Leeds Trinity, Manchester Metrolpolitan etc
Are any of them renowned for their MBA programs ?
Original post by confused.idiot
I was hoping to get some sort of scholarship, whether govt or by the university. But those usually give max. 3-4 k as scholarship. So the tuition budget can stretch out to around 20-22 k with this, but not more than that.
A few unis fall under/ around this budget - East Anglia, Nottingham Trent, Leeds Trinity, Manchester Metrolpolitan etc
Are any of them renowned for their MBA programs ?

Most certainly not. UEA is renowned for creative writing, the other three just for having better universities in the same city

Your best bet for scholarships is from your own country. MBA scholarships are usually limited to employers paying some or all of the costs.
Thanks for your advice.
One more question, is the placement year after MBA worth it ? Cannot seem to find much information regarding this, and need to know if it would benefit more than just the 1 year full time MBA course.

Original post by threeportdrift
Most certainly not. UEA is renowned for creative writing, the other three just for having better universities in the same city

Your best bet for scholarships is from your own country. MBA scholarships are usually limited to employers paying some or all of the costs.
Thanks for your advice.
One more question, is the placement year after MBA worth it ? Cannot seem to find much information regarding this, and need to know if it would benefit more than just the 1 year full time MBA course.

Well, it’s getting difficult. This is your life and your decision to make, and you need to research what flies with employers in your home country.

If you are hoping to get a job in the UK, then I’d suggest that none of the universities you have listed will generate a salary dividend for future employment in the UK. In other words, they aren’t worth the UK fees, let alone if you have to pay overseas fees. The fact someone is offering a placement year after the course kind of indicates they aren’t able to gather classic MBA applicants and are searching for ways to appeal to applicants too junior to really get value from and MBA.

If any UK degree is saleable in your country, then go for it. But I’d say don’t waste your money if you are hoping to get employment in the UK purely off the back of the MBA.
Original post by threeportdrift
Well, it’s getting difficult. This is your life and your decision to make, and you need to research what flies with employers in your home country.

If you are hoping to get a job in the UK, then I’d suggest that none of the universities you have listed will generate a salary dividend for future employment in the UK. In other words, they aren’t worth the UK fees, let alone if you have to pay overseas fees. The fact someone is offering a placement year after the course kind of indicates they aren’t able to gather classic MBA applicants and are searching for ways to appeal to applicants too junior to really get value from and MBA.

If any UK degree is saleable in your country, then go for it. But I’d say don’t waste your money if you are hoping to get employment in the UK purely off the back of the MBA.

Hey, thanks a lot for the detailed answer. Quite a lot to ponder upon, but really appreciate your advice.
Hey guys, I am looking to apply for an MBA in UK (non-EU national). Have 5.5 yrs work experience, decent grades in graduation, and would like some advice on which universities to apply to, hopefully with the tuition fee in the 15-18K range maximum.
The choice of unis is overwhelming so would appreciate some recommendations.
Thanks

Hey @confused.idiot :smile:

I wanted to check in and see how you were doing? Have you had any further thoughts of where you'd like to study your MBA?

If you haven't decided yet, have you thought about studying at Bradford? Our MBA is ranked #1 in the World for Value for Money by the Financial Times 2020, ranked #2 in the UK for salary increase, ranked #3 in the UK for Distance Learning MBA, ranked #10 in the World for Career Progression and ranked #10 in the World for Distance Learning MBA by CEO Magazine 2020.

We're proud to be in an elite group of business schools to hold the triple crown of accreditations as well :smile:

If you'd like some more information about our MBA courses you can find it all here. Or, if you'd like to speak to someone in more detail you can contact our MBA Team here.

Don't just take my word for it though! You can find out what it's really like to study an MBA at Bradford in this student profile from Muzibul, this student profile from Tatjana, this student profile from Fahim or this student profile from Shabeel and Farzanah :hello:

You can also find some more information about our MBA in this YouTube video if you're more of a visual learner!

Please let me know if you have any further questions, and I'll do my best to help you.

I wish you the best of luck with your MBA journey, I hope you find the right university for you :smile:

Becky
Original post by University of Bradford

I wanted to check in and see how you were doing? Have you had any further thoughts of where you'd like to study your MBA?

If you haven't decided yet, have you thought about studying at Bradford? Our MBA is ranked #1 in the World for Value for Money by the Financial Times 2020, ranked #2 in the UK for salary increase, ranked #3 in the UK for Distance Learning MBA, ranked #10 in the World for Career Progression and ranked #10 in the World for Distance Learning MBA by CEO Magazine 2020.

We're proud to be in an elite group of business schools to hold the triple crown of accreditations as well :smile:

If you'd like some more information about our MBA courses you can find it all here. Or, if you'd like to speak to someone in more detail you can contact our MBA Team here.

Don't just take my word for it though! You can find out what it's really like to study an MBA at Bradford in this student profile from Muzibul, this student profile from Tatjana, this student profile from Fahim or this student profile from Shabeel and Farzanah :hello:

You can also find some more information about our MBA in this YouTube video if you're more of a visual learner!

Please let me know if you have any further questions, and I'll do my best to help you.

I wish you the best of luck with your MBA journey, I hope you find the right university for you :smile:

Becky

Hi Becky

Hope you are doing well
I am still doing my research and working on my SOP.
Bradford is one of the universities I am interested in, and will get in touch with you soon, once I start applying.

Thanks
Original post by University of Bradford

Becky

Hi Becky

Does Bradford still offer full time MBA ? I could not find it on their website. Could only find the part time programmes.
Please confirm.

Thanks
Hi Becky

Does Bradford still offer full time MBA ? I could not find it on their website. Could only find the part time programmes.
Please confirm.

Thanks

Thanks for getting back in touch! Unfortunately, we now just offer a part-time Distance Learning MBA, and the Executive MBA in Dubai. I've spoken to our MBA Team and they've advised if students want to study full-time, they should consider the following MSc, DBA and PhD courses in Management here.

Please let me know if you have any other questions :smile:

Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending