The Student Room Group

Marketing Work Experience

I'm thinking of studying Business at University as it provides a lot of transferable skills and a common topic in most modules is Marketing however I wanted to see if I could get some type of experience working alongside a Marketing team at a company and was wondering if anyone knew how I could go about this and asking the companies if such an opportunity would be available? I'm a second year college student however I have a few days off in the week which is why I'm looking at gaining some experience, but was unsure whether this would even be useful to add to my CV etc in the first place or if I'd just be wasting my time?

A few businesses in my local area are offering 'Marketing Assistant' roles but under the Kick start Scheme which I'm not eligible for as I don't receive Universal Credit so I have to personally find these types of opportunities but I don't know how to go about it if that makes sense?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you :smile:)
I’m not sure about specifically marketing roles. But have you considered sales and retail roles in marketing agencies?

The gist of the role is to be a brand ambassador. It is, im pretty sure, considered a form of marketing.

These roles are generally contracts for a certain length of campaign time. So they are very popular with students as well, including college age students.
Reply 2
Original post by EconomicsStud3nt
I’m not sure about specifically marketing roles. But have you considered sales and retail roles in marketing agencies?

The gist of the role is to be a brand ambassador. It is, im pretty sure, considered a form of marketing.

These roles are generally contracts for a certain length of campaign time. So they are very popular with students as well, including college age students.

Thank you so much for the reply!

Do you possibly have any idea where I could find these opportunities? Would Indeed be a good place to have a look?
Original post by amaj18
Thank you so much for the reply!

Do you possibly have any idea where I could find these opportunities? Would Indeed be a good place to have a look?

Indeed can work.

I’d say google brand ambassador, retail ambassador, sales executive and product promoter!
Reply 4
Original post by EconomicsStud3nt
Indeed can work.

I’d say google brand ambassador, retail ambassador, sales executive and product promoter!

Thanks so much again!

Will give those a try :smile:
Work experience is definitely not a waste of time. Not only can it help you stand out from university applications as you show initiative and interest in your subject, but experience will be useful after you gain your degree. Go for it! You may learn lots of skills and have fun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending