The Student Room Group

BDO Grad Scheme 2022

Has anyone applied yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by alb2000
Has anyone applied yet?

Not me, my applications aren't even opened yet
Has anyone completed the video interview part of the assessment?
Hi has anyone completed the online assessment part or video interview for BDO yet and if so what was it like please?
Original post by Frankianderson
Hi has anyone completed the online assessment part or video interview for BDO yet and if so what was it like please?

There were some numerical questions and situational questions. I practised beforehand so I did not find it too difficult.
Original post by ericericy
There were some numerical questions and situational questions. I practised beforehand so I did not find it too difficult.

Thank you. Did you use the practice test they sent or another website to practice, wanting to do it later today
Thank you. Did you use the practice test they sent or another website to practice, wanting to do it later today

Sorry, I saw this a little bit late. Have you done your test? I did both. I think the test they sent was just to give you the feeling of their tests but did not really help me prepare tbh.
Original post by HRa123
Hi, ericericy. Is there only situational judgement, numerical reasoning, and verbal reasoning , questions? Or inductive/logic reasoning questions too? Also, what is the format of the test, including video interview questions? Thank you in advance!

hey, yes. there were numerical questions, situational judgement questions and video interview questions. No logic questions.
Original post by HRa123
Thank you. Did you practice using a specific test provider or random, also how many video interview questions was there?

Can't remember exactly, but there were roughly 4-5 questions for the video. I practised in a few websites as I failed a few times last year. lol found this one helpful.
Original post by HRa123
Oh, ok. Thank you for the link. Did you pass the interactive assessment for BDO this year? I think they use Cappfinity for their numerical reasoning tests, or all of them

Still waiting. But passed EY, which also uses Cappfinity I believe.

Hey,

I have applied for their audit programme and going to complete my online assessment tomorrow. I was wondering if you could provide some insights for the video interview part? What were the questions like?

Thanks!
Hi, has anyone heard back from BDO after completing their online assessments/VI
Reply 12
Can't remember exactly, but there were roughly 4-5 questions for the video. I practised in a few websites as I failed a few times last year. lol found this one helpful.

Hi, were your video questions specifically related to your programme of choice or were they more general motivational/strength + why bdo type questions? I’ve applied to tax so not sure what to expect! Good luck!

I did mine today so obviously not yet but they said it should take up to 10 days
Original post by aj1799
Hi, were your video questions specifically related to your programme of choice or were they more general motivational/strength + why bdo type questions? I’ve applied to tax so not sure what to expect! Good luck!

There were 4 questions in the video interview section - 1 motivational and 3 situational but dont worry about it because they give you unlimited prep time for each question
Reply 15

yeah I had an email saying I passed them
Original post by Wjr26
yeah I had an email saying I passed them

congratulations!! how many days did you wait since completing the online assessment/VI stage to get the email?
Reply 17
Original post by studentisme123
congratulations!! how many days did you wait since completing the online assessment/VI stage to get the email?

Thanks!! Hope yours went well! Completed it on 30/9, received email saying I passed yesterday (5/10).
Original post by Wjr26
Thanks!! Hope yours went well! Completed it on 30/9, received email saying I passed yesterday (5/10).

thank you!! I hope so too haha
What role and location did you apply to?
Reply 19
Original post by studentisme123
thank you!! I hope so too haha
What role and location did you apply to?

Audit Bristol, what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest