The Student Room Group

Public vs Private Universities in Germany :Which one to Choose?

Public vs Private Universities: Which one to Choose? Specifically in Germany aerospace engineering!
Reply 1
I would always go for the public universtity, they usually rank higher and they cost less. I do not know any private university in the engineering field in Germany that ranks high.
Reply 2
Original post by ger_eng
I would always go for the public universtity, they usually rank higher and they cost less. I do not know any private university in the engineering field in Germany that ranks high.

Are you a aerospace engineering? I need more infos in this field!
Reply 3
Original post by Lil_Tunisia
Are you a aerospace engineering? I need more infos in this field!

I am not an aerospace engineer. I am a mechanical engineer, but the aerospace engineering is usually a specialization within the mechanical engineering faculty. Usually, you study mechanical engineering and in your second year you choose a specialization, e.g. aerospace, manufacturing, energy, etc.

If you need more infos, I would suggest you to just write to / call the internationall office of the university you are interested in. They will be able to answer all of your questions.
Reply 4
Original post by ger_eng
I am not an aerospace engineer. I am a mechanical engineer, but the aerospace engineering is usually a specialization within the mechanical engineering faculty. Usually, you study mechanical engineering and in your second year you choose a specialization, e.g. aerospace, manufacturing, energy, etc.

If you need more infos, I would suggest you to just write to / call the internationall office of the university you are interested in. They will be able to answer all of your questions.

Any university did you suggest me for this kind of engineering.? ( not privet = less cost / top and best)
And tanks a lot ❤️
appreciated 🤲
Reply 5
I think public university are strict to select an international student i mean its hard because They give priority to German students in taking the most seats in university (selective university) even when you had a good marks...? Is it true or not ?
Reply 6
It is hard to say wheteher they give priority to Germans, since there are many more Germans applying for places at these universities. From my experience, they are quite fair when selecting candidates. I know many foreigners who got a place at good German universities despite not having the best marks.

What you can also look at are international programmes at the public universities. These are programmes for students who do not speak German and are usually more expensive, e.g. there was one at the RWTH Aachen for Automotive students a couple of years ago, held in English, which cost around 3-4 thousand Euro pro year - still cheaper than in the UK. Since these are paid programmes, it seems to be easier to get in. That is just my assumtion since I did not do it.
Original post by ger_eng
It is hard to say wheteher they give priority to Germans, since there are many more Germans applying for places at these universities. From my experience, they are quite fair when selecting candidates. I know many foreigners who got a place at good German universities despite not having the best marks.

What you can also look at are international programmes at the public universities. These are programmes for students who do not speak German and are usually more expensive, e.g. there was one at the RWTH Aachen for Automotive students a couple of years ago, held in English, which cost around 3-4 thousand Euro pro year - still cheaper than in the UK. Since these are paid programmes, it seems to be easier to get in. That is just my assumtion since I did not do it.

Appreciate it,❤️ How can i text you (keep in touch)? I want more infos!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending