The Student Room Group

St George's, University of London A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
I am an international applicant planning to apply to SGUL with a UCAT score of 2870 B2.
However, I have only scored 510 in the VR section and I read that the university does not interview those with less than 500 in any section, so I wanted to know if my VR score would prove to be a disadvantage when ranking the applicants.
hi,

I am wondering what the opinion of my chances are:

ucat: 2630, band3
vr 650
dm 670
qr 700
ar 610
gcse: 10 8/9s
predicted A*AA

I know last year's cutoff was 2620, but I'm not really sure about my options for this year now...

thanks.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi guys, I need a bit of help. I am considering applying to St Georges, however my UCAT score is 2570 B1, which is at the top of the 6th decile. I am a gap year applicant with achieved grades of 4A* in Bio, chem, maths and art in AUG 2021 ( i think this equates to 224 tariff points). I am not sure if it is worth the risk of applying as I have heard that they don't really consider achieved grades as much. I am aware my UCAT score is unfortunately below last years cut off, but do you think they may lower it this year since the average was lower? Does anyone know any information that could help me out, maybe even recommend any other universities. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Reply 43
Original post by Supergirl1659
Hi guys, I need a bit of help. I am considering applying to St Georges, however my UCAT score is 2570 B1, which is at the top of the 6th decile. I am a gap year applicant with achieved grades of 4A* in Bio, chem, maths and art in AUG 2021 ( i think this equates to 224 tariff points). I am not sure if it is worth the risk of applying as I have heard that they don't really consider achieved grades as much. I am aware my UCAT score is unfortunately below last years cut off, but do you think they may lower it this year since the average was lower? Does anyone know any information that could help me out, maybe even recommend any other universities. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

The average was 2511 last year, and 34,153 people sat the UCAT, so 17,076 scored better than this.
This year, 2511 is 54th percentile and 37,230 people sat the UCAT, so 17,125 people scored better than this.
Why would cut offs come down?

Have a look at The Table :biggrin:
Strategic choices 6 Oct.jpeg
Original post by GANFYD
The average was 2511 last year, and 34,153 people sat the UCAT, so 17,076 scored better than this.
This year, 2511 is 54th percentile and 37,230 people sat the UCAT, so 17,125 people scored better than this.
Why would cut offs come down?

Have a look at The Table :biggrin:
Strategic choices 6 Oct.jpeg

thank you, the table is very useful
Hiya does anyone know how SGUL are doing their interviews this year? I know last year they did it online and I think most unis are probs still going online this year but just making sure because I do know that some are still trying to do in-person interviews
Their website says the following:

For the 2021 admissions cycle, we will be inviting our applicants to partake in remote MMIs (RMMIs)

So I'm assuming interviews will be online!
Original post by micholate9

For the 2021 admissions cycle, we will be inviting our applicants to partake in remote MMIs (RMMIs)

Thanks! I did read that but I thought that the 2021 admissions cycle was for the people going this September right? And I couldn’t find anything about the 2022 admissions yet.
Ohhhh wait does 2021 admissions mean 2022 entry but apply in 2021?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by 수박수지_Emma
Thanks! I did read that but I thought that the 2021 admissions cycle was for the people going this September right? And I couldn’t find anything about the 2022 admissions yet.
Ohhhh wait does 2021 admissions mean 2022 entry but apply in 2021?

Yes, 2021 cycle refers to applications for 2022 entry applying in 2021! Confusing isnt it?!

Have you submitted your application yet?
hiya i recieved 490 in one section of the ucat, and on sgul's entry requirements it mentions a minimum of 500 in each section. is it risky applying, will i be rejected without consideration? btw all my other sections are above 500.
Reply 50
Original post by candy6830
hiya i recieved 490 in one section of the ucat, and on sgul's entry requirements it mentions a minimum of 500 in each section. is it risky applying, will i be rejected without consideration? btw all my other sections are above 500.

It says they want a minimum of 500 in each section. You do not have a minimum of 500 in each section, so will be rejected
Original post by micholate9

Hi, could you please link the source? I'd like to try and see whether international students will do interviews online :smile:

Thanks!
Original post by applecyder
Hi, could you please link the source? I'd like to try and see whether international students will do interviews online :smile:

Thanks!

Sure, here is:
https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergraduate-study/interview-hub
"For non-graduate applicants, with the exception of GCSEs, all qualifications must have been completed within the previous five years, including the year of application."

A rather stupid question but as a graduate applicant on the A100 course I can ignore this right? My degree was completed in 2014.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by spriag123
"For non-graduate applicants, with the exception of GCSEs, all qualifications must have been completed within the previous five years, including the year of application."

A rather stupid question but as a graduate applicant on the A100 course I can ignore this right? My degree was completed in 2014.

Yes you should be okay as a graduate applicant to A100. I graduated in 2014 as well!
Good luck with your application :smile:
Original post by spriag123

Yes, completely fine, they removed that requirement for grads for 2021 entry. Lucky for me as I’m a very mature candidate, graduated many years before you and I start at SGUL next year.

Thanks a bunch! 2021 admissions cycle means 2022 entry, right?
I think so! :smile:
Original post by freemango
Should hopefully get an interview, cutoff was 2620 for school leavers this year (I believe but not certain that they need over 500 in each section but just check that they don’t ask for above the mean in VR like some other unis and keep an eye on the results as they come out).

Hi, do you know which unis require above the mean in VR? Thank you in advance!
Original post by Supergirl1659
Hi, do you know which unis require above the mean in VR? Thank you in advance!

I’m only aware of Warwick but there may be others, any ideas @GANFYD?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending