The Student Room Group

Gradebusters: The SEQUEL! (A Year 11 GyG: 2021-2022)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yemisi.ogun
thanks so much for this! it’s super helpful <3

I can’t lie, the formulae for direct and indirection proportion really really confuse me😭 i don’t know what goes where, what k is, and what is meant by “where k is a constant” T_T I can figure out direct and indirect proportion questions using logic and basic maths skills sometimes, but obviously, that doesn’t always work.

Yes! I’m trying to remember the values for trig! there’s a hand method that I was taught by one teacher, but my other teacher says it sucks and is too fiddly, so I think I will just try to have them committed to memory lol! (I have two maths teachers in case you’re wondering!) I get basic trig for the most part, I just start to struggle more with the really precise, number-y, equation-y stuff.

I most definitely cannot cannot remember the sine and cosine rule, but that’s just my memory skills being impaired, so I should hope I can get that memorised soon enough 😅

And the “don’t use a calculator when not necessary” thing is SO HELPFUL! I am so reliant on my calculator when there’s no need for me to be, which may be hindering my general mathematic skills, so I’ll deffo take that on board! thank you so much! <3

And yeah, equalities are okay - i just started to get fumbled when the graph stuff comes up😭 But what do you mean by “if you have to flip the sign”? Under what circumstances would I have to, if you don’t mind explaining?

Thank you so so much once again! You’re a lifesaver😇

I have uploaded an example of how the flipped sign works. Inequalities on graphs is quite fun once you get the hang of it. My teacher always said if you aren't sure, just sub in a number to see which side of the line should be shaded.

It's good to just get all the equations in one place so you can refer back to them. I've written them down so you can make your own flashcards or whatever. add in a table fo the trig values and make mini flashcards for each value. Use your maths textbook or Corbettmaths videos and worksheets for practice on the rules.

off to bed now, I'll get round to answering when I can!
Reply 21
Original post by 3ggfriedrice
sounds like your little by little revision is coming along good! definitely a good habit to get into, it's so annoying finding motivation to keep revising -_-

I can't see the textile portfolio pics, maybe that's just from my side...

well done on geography! i had to do geography for gcse and it was either that or history. it was interesting but i didn't like the exams.

keeping a blog must take so much effort though lmao

also wow your drama situation is such a mess... are you going to take it for a level, do you think?

hello! i am so sorry for the late reply (the last few days have been incredibly hectic), but I'm going to try and get back into the swing of things :smile:

in terms of the little by little revision, you're right in that it's a good idea, in theory, however, some problems have arisen that are making it difficult for me to keep up with this plan of mine :s-smilie: I'm being set so much homework by teachers that it usually ends up occupying my entire evening, so, unfortunately, no revision ends up getting done some days. I will elaborate in a future post, but it's kinda worrying me as mocks are in November and it's pivotal my revision starts now!

and thanks for the congrats on the geography test score! i agree, I love the subject as the topics are super interesting, but the exams are another level >.<

Also, as proven by my few-day absence, keeping a blog is a lot of work! I'm trying to keep up, but phew, it's so easy for other things to take over and for it to just slip by! As I said, however, I am really going to work towards improving this! Not only for myself and my own organisational and time management skills but for the lovely people like you who are kind enough to follow this journey and encourage me along the way (it means a lot by the way!):love:

I'm sorry you can't see the textiles pictures! I seem to be able to on my laptop, but not on my phone, which may be what you're experiencing! I'll try and reattach them here! <3

Spoiler

And yes, the drama situation is such a mess!:eek3: However, I do feel the situation is getting better! We've finished our brand new script, and have began rehearsing, so we're slowly catching up! obviously, I'm still slightly irritated about having to redo the entire portfolio, but I haven't a choice but to plough through for the benefit of my own grades! I'll keep updating you!

^^ As for whether or not I'm considering it for A-Levels, I'm not sure? I really want to go into acting or something theatrical as a career, so it feels like a must that I take the subject for A-Levels, however, considering my experience with it at GCSEs (not that great), I'm not sure if that's the way to go. A-Level Drama will be even more difficult and tiring and nerve-wracking than what I do know, and I'm not sure I'm capable of handling that :nope: Further, I'm pretty sure I've got the 4 subjects I'd like to take, meaning if I decided to do drama, one would have to go (probably textiles), The four subjects are: English Literature, Politics, Textiles, Media. What do you think about this overall situation and what I should do? Thanks in advance!

Okay, well that's it for now, so I will speak to you soon:heart:
Reply 22
I have uploaded an example of how the flipped sign works. Inequalities on graphs is quite fun once you get the hang of it. My teacher always said if you aren't sure, just sub in a number to see which side of the line should be shaded.

It's good to just get all the equations in one place so you can refer back to them. I've written them down so you can make your own flashcards or whatever. add in a table fo the trig values and make mini flashcards for each value. Use your maths textbook or Corbettmaths videos and worksheets for practice on the rules.

off to bed now, I'll get round to answering when I can!

hello! thanks so much for this!!! :smile: I think I understand the inequalities thing a bit better now! this was my working out for the example question at the end:

Spoiler

^^ I went ahead and attempted to draw the graph/shade the graph, but I’m not sure it’s correct, so please let me know if you can haha.

as for the trig equations, i still don’t understand them and when to use them:banghead: I’m going to watch some videos on it (maybe), and let you know how it goes! the info sheet was still super helpful though, and I’ll definitely use it when I understand the basic premises of this topic lol.

thank youuu <3
(edited 2 years ago)
hello! i am so sorry for the late reply (the last few days have been incredibly hectic), but I'm going to try and get back into the swing of things :smile:

in terms of the little by little revision, you're right in that it's a good idea, in theory, however, some problems have arisen that are making it difficult for me to keep up with this plan of mine :s-smilie: I'm being set so much homework by teachers that it usually ends up occupying my entire evening, so, unfortunately, no revision ends up getting done some days. I will elaborate in a future post, but it's kinda worrying me as mocks are in November and it's pivotal my revision starts now!

and thanks for the congrats on the geography test score! i agree, I love the subject as the topics are super interesting, but the exams are another level >.<

Also, as proven by my few-day absence, keeping a blog is a lot of work! I'm trying to keep up, but phew, it's so easy for other things to take over and for it to just slip by! As I said, however, I am really going to work towards improving this! Not only for myself and my own organisational and time management skills but for the lovely people like you who are kind enough to follow this journey and encourage me along the way (it means a lot by the way!):love:

I'm sorry you can't see the textiles pictures! I seem to be able to on my laptop, but not on my phone, which may be what you're experiencing! I'll try and reattach them here! <3

Spoiler

And yes, the drama situation is such a mess!:eek3: However, I do feel the situation is getting better! We've finished our brand new script, and have began rehearsing, so we're slowly catching up! obviously, I'm still slightly irritated about having to redo the entire portfolio, but I haven't a choice but to plough through for the benefit of my own grades! I'll keep updating you!

^^ As for whether or not I'm considering it for A-Levels, I'm not sure? I really want to go into acting or something theatrical as a career, so it feels like a must that I take the subject for A-Levels, however, considering my experience with it at GCSEs (not that great), I'm not sure if that's the way to go. A-Level Drama will be even more difficult and tiring and nerve-wracking than what I do know, and I'm not sure I'm capable of handling that :nope: Further, I'm pretty sure I've got the 4 subjects I'd like to take, meaning if I decided to do drama, one would have to go (probably textiles), The four subjects are: English Literature, Politics, Textiles, Media. What do you think about this overall situation and what I should do? Thanks in advance!

Okay, well that's it for now, so I will speak to you soon:heart:

I get youuu, don’t you just LOVE homework?? If you can’t do revision everyday, let the homework be a form of revision. Then go over and consolidate the week’s work, depending if you’re weekends aren’t as hectic!

Your education is more important than keeping a blog so these sacrifices are beneficial to you. You can do weekly updates or just whenever you have the time, to save you losing what you have written after 30 minutes 😂

I can see the pictures! The hand lettering is pretty and I like the cut out newspaper heading. The mushroom dress is cuuuute. During your mocks are you going to be making your final piece then? And what will it be?

The arts are definitely very loose in comparison to STEM subjects that have a rigid structure. But go with your subjects to the end. In terms of A levels, it’s definitely early days and your choices may change completely (as did mine :biggrin:). If you ddin’t go down the theatrical route, would you have another option? And it’s best to look at the A level course structure, how they are examined and what you will be learning. However, focus on your mocks for now, save the research for next year! Also I can’t wait for Xmas but I hear I have mocks before then too -_-
hello! thanks so much for this!!! :smile: I think I understand the inequalities thing a bit better now! this was my working out for the example question at the end:

Spoiler

^^ I went ahead and attempted to draw the graph/shade the graph, but I’m not sure it’s correct, so please let me know if you can haha.

as for the trig equations, i still don’t understand them and when to use them:banghead: I’m going to watch some videos on it (maybe), and let you know how it goes! the info sheet was still super helpful though, and I’ll definitely use it when I understand the basic premises of this topic lol.

thank youuu <3

Yayyy you got it right! Also, I think if the sign is simply < then it’s a solid line but you check that for yourself to make sure.

Practise practise practise until you get bored of them and then you will be the master :u: and remember your teachers are always there!

Spoiler

Oh my gosh these look so good!! The fairy skirt‘s my favourite :awesome:
Reply 26
Mid-week Update: Wednesday 6th October 2021!

I am being absolutely swamped :scuba: with assessments, and it’s literally killing me. literally. I can feel the life literally oozing out of my pores, usually as sweat or tears, but sometimes blood if I’ve gnawed on a finger a tad too much out of anxiousness and irritability :ahhhhh:

Like, there physically are not enough hours in the day for me to adequately prepare myself for the about gazillion tests and other fairly important activities I’ve got coming up.

Usually, I can account things like this to my poor time management, but I don’t think even time management would save me in these circumstances. I have got SO much (inhumanly much) amounts of homework as it is, but somehow, I’m expected to revise for these tests they’re giving us with DAYS notice, and for the mocks I’ve got coming up in November (which actually isn’t that far away), and for my GCSEs generally (because they’re quite important too), as well having time to do, you know, the minor things like eating??? sleeping??? breathing???

dear school, do I have your permission to breathe???? :argh:

Sorry- that became slightly personal, but the main point is:

I’m overwhelmed.
Incredibly overwhelmed.
:eek3:

I’m not sure if it’s a me thing, or a school thing, or maybe a toxic mixture of both, but I simply cannot function with all this pressure. I reckon it leans more towards it being the school's faul though, as others in my year face the same struggles, made evident but our constant and collective complaints (that aren't listened to nevertheless).

us rn >>> :mob:

Here are all the tests I’ve got coming up within the next week (in order of soonest to latest, the soonest being in two days):

Spoiler

Here is my SMHW (Show My Homework, which is an online platform we started using amidst the heights of the pandemic (when we were in and out of lockdowns and isolations) to help us track homework):

Spoiler

Anyways, I don’t think that’s a healthy amount of work for one student to have to do.
I simply don’t agree.

Regardless, I’m going to have to plough through and do my best, and these results may be what is used on my sixth form applications.

Anyways, let’s move on from that grim, highly irritating topic.

I did a chemistry test yesterday! That went really well (I think - I don’t want to gas myself up, and then fail miserably lol):u:. At least if I fail all of my other tests, there’s my one true love <chemistry3! I don’t even find chemistry to be the easiest of my subjects, and even just the sciences (I think that’d be biology in terms of understanding (in that it’s kind of like general knowledge at times and I can create parallels to real-life e.g. diet) though there is SO much content to memorise), but it became really enjoyable last year when I had a really really helpful, proactive and engaged/engaging teacher who really fuelled my understanding in the subject, and therefore my love for it! And my teacher this year is awesome too! I’ll let you know how the result for that is!

I also had a maths unit test on probability…… the results came back and I got:

Spoiler

BUT, I have identified where I went wrong and could improve, and that a lot of mistakes were indeed silly, and so, I voluntarily will be taking a retest for personal satisfaction and proof that I’ve learnt from my mistakes (even though I got above the mark that required you to do a retest)!

I will let you know how that goes also!

Anyways, that’s about it in terms of updates for today, so I’m off to revise, and I’ll see/speak/write to you all later (if my brain doesn’t explode first and I die lol)! Thanks for reading:lips:

If you'd like to be sent a notification every time I create another post, let me know, and I'll tag you below!

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by Icosagon
Oh my gosh these look so good!! The fairy skirt‘s my favourite :awesome:

ah thank you so much!!!! <3 i ended up choosing to make the patchwork tie-dye skirt, but I love all of the designs so much I may end up making all of them in my later life haha (a.k.a. when I actually have free time, and who knows when that'll be with the current state of my education lol?:iiam:)
Reply 28
I get youuu, don’t you just LOVE homework?? If you can’t do revision everyday, let the homework be a form of revision. Then go over and consolidate the week’s work, depending if you’re weekends aren’t as hectic!

Your education is more important than keeping a blog so these sacrifices are beneficial to you. You can do weekly updates or just whenever you have the time, to save you losing what you have written after 30 minutes 😂

I can see the pictures! The hand lettering is pretty and I like the cut out newspaper heading. The mushroom dress is cuuuute. During your mocks are you going to be making your final piece then? And what will it be?

The arts are definitely very loose in comparison to STEM subjects that have a rigid structure. But go with your subjects to the end. In terms of A levels, it’s definitely early days and your choices may change completely (as did mine :biggrin:). If you ddin’t go down the theatrical route, would you have another option? And it’s best to look at the A level course structure, how they are examined and what you will be learning. However, focus on your mocks for now, save the research for next year! Also I can’t wait for Xmas but I hear I have mocks before then too -_-

yes, I absolutely LOVE excessive amounts of homework lol! :biggrin: but on a serious note, you're right - I think I feel a lot better if I start actively viewing the homework as a form of revision!

I will deffo make sure not to compromise my education for this blog (though I'll still keep up with it as much as I can as I don't want to leave you guys hanging haha)! hopefully, with better time distribution, I will indeed end up with fewer late nights and lost blogs floating in the digital abyss:wink: thank you! <3

and thank you for the compliments on my textiles portfolio also! I'm really proud of it! i love the mushroom dress too! :lovedup: I decided to make the patchwork, tie-dye skirt for my actual exams, but I think I'll make all of the designs in the future (when I find the time that I evidently lack now lol). I don't think we make our designs for mocks, but rather are examined on the technical, information bit of the GCSE. we start making soon though!!

I think if I didn't go down the theatrical root, I'd definitely go into film/media (I'd love to be a screenwriter perhaps as I love writing and all things english-y (hence English Lit for A-Levels) or maybe a director). At the same time, I could see myself going into fashion? I think it's something I'll be more certain of as I explore the fields. But you're right, I should try to survive my GCSEs (my mocks even) first lol:lol: and good luck with your maybe-mocks soon! exams generally suck, but I'm sure you'll do absolutely amazing <3
Reply 29
Yayyy you got it right! Also, I think if the sign is simply < then it’s a solid line but you check that for yourself to make sure.

Practise practise practise until you get bored of them and then you will be the master :u: and remember your teachers are always there!

yes! i hope that soon i will become the master! :smile: and speaking of being able to talk to my teachers, I'm going to mine tomorrow and asking her what I could do to become more confident mathematically and perhaps if I could get an A-Level maths mentor! we'll see how it goes!
Reply 30
Mid-week Update: Thursday 07th October 2021

Doomsday is tomorrow. :headfire:
The day of both my cumulative biology assessment and my Macbeth essay.

If you don’t hear from me within 24 hours, I didn’t make it. I probably saw a question on protein synthesis that made my heart stop.

On a serious note though, some friends of mine did the test today (which is literally only 6 questions….. I was crying and throwing up over 6 questions????:embarrassed:) and have hinted at me what topics are on the test, so I didn’t spend time this evening revising things that aren’t even in the test and am therefore weaker on the topics 6 mark questions happen to be on. I specifically requested they didn’t tell me the exact questions (even though they’ve already made my life easier and probably improved my score as it is), as I’d like to see where my own ability can take me, so I’m hoping the test will still surprise me in some ways!

#ineedtomakemistakesinordertogrow
#myfriendswontbethereinmygcses
#independentwoman
#gaslightgatekeepgirlboss
#okayenoughhashtags

disclaimer though! I will not actually be gaslighting or gatekeeping anything or anyone. it's an internet reference lol. I’m also not a girl boss.

LADY MACBETH IS THOUGH! (keeping this in mind for tomorrow because I have a feeling in my bones we’re going to be given a lady Macbeth extract and I’ll be given the chance to gush about how powerful she is)

me and Lady Macbeth >>> :gfight:
BFFs forever lol! :crossedf:

anyways, that’s about all I have to say today! :thumbsup: I'll let you know how the tests go! see you in the next one!

If you'd like to be sent a notification every time I create another post, let me know, and I'll tag you below!

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
Mid-week Update: Thursday 07th October 2021

Doomsday is tomorrow. :headfire:
The day of both my cumulative biology assessment and my Macbeth essay.

If you don’t hear from me within 24 hours, I didn’t make it. I probably saw a question on protein synthesis that made my heart stop.

On a serious note though, some friends of mine did the test today (which is literally only 6 questions….. I was crying and throwing up over 6 questions????:embarrassed:) and have hinted at me what topics are on the test, so I didn’t spend time this evening revising things that aren’t even in the test and am therefore weaker on the topics 6 mark questions happen to be on. I specifically requested they didn’t tell me the exact questions (even though they’ve already made my life easier and probably improved my score as it is), as I’d like to see where my own ability can take me, so I’m hoping the test will still surprise me in some ways!

#ineedtomakemistakesinordertogrow
#myfriendswontbethereinmygcses
#independentwoman
#gaslightgatekeepgirlboss
#okayenoughhashtags

disclaimer though! I will not actually be gaslighting or gatekeeping anything or anyone. it's an internet reference lol. I’m also not a girl boss.

LADY MACBETH IS THOUGH! (keeping this in mind for tomorrow because I have a feeling in my bones we’re going to be given a lady Macbeth extract and I’ll be given the chance to gush about how powerful she is)

me and Lady Macbeth >>> :gfight:
BFFs forever lol! :crossedf:

anyways, that’s about all I have to say today! :thumbsup: I'll let you know how the tests go! see you in the next one!

Spoiler

But protein synthesis isn’t even that bad 😂 you just blurt out the process and bam 6 marks. I hAted physics and bio, idk why I considered them for A level… Hope the test went well!!

I remember doing Macbeth, I couldn’t help connect McDonald to the restaurant ahaha. I liked the unseen poetry on English Language, Literature was so heavy on remembering quotes 😒 I definitely think people who choose to study English at A level are some essay super heroes 😂
yes, I absolutely LOVE excessive amounts of homework lol! :biggrin: but on a serious note, you're right - I think I feel a lot better if I start actively viewing the homework as a form of revision!

I will deffo make sure not to compromise my education for this blog (though I'll still keep up with it as much as I can as I don't want to leave you guys hanging haha)! hopefully, with better time distribution, I will indeed end up with fewer late nights and lost blogs floating in the digital abyss:wink: thank you! <3

and thank you for the compliments on my textiles portfolio also! I'm really proud of it! i love the mushroom dress too! :lovedup: I decided to make the patchwork, tie-dye skirt for my actual exams, but I think I'll make all of the designs in the future (when I find the time that I evidently lack now lol). I don't think we make our designs for mocks, but rather are examined on the technical, information bit of the GCSE. we start making soon though!!

I think if I didn't go down the theatrical root, I'd definitely go into film/media (I'd love to be a screenwriter perhaps as I love writing and all things english-y (hence English Lit for A-Levels) or maybe a director). At the same time, I could see myself going into fashion? I think it's something I'll be more certain of as I explore the fields. But you're right, I should try to survive my GCSEs (my mocks even) first lol:lol: and good luck with your maybe-mocks soon! exams generally suck, but I'm sure you'll do absolutely amazing <3

I’ve only ever done tie dye once, it produces such cool results though. Do you like making clothes/textile related stuff outside of school?

If you were to make a film, what it would be about?

Nothing’s been said about mocks so far…they’re probably going to pounce it on us 2 weeks before 🤠 wishing you all the best too, but will say it again closer to the time!
Reply 33
But protein synthesis isn’t even that bad 😂 you just blurt out the process and bam 6 marks. I hAted physics and bio, idk why I considered them for A level… Hope the test went well!!

I remember doing Macbeth, I couldn’t help connect McDonald to the restaurant ahaha. I liked the unseen poetry on English Language, Literature was so heavy on remembering quotes 😒 I definitely think people who choose to study English at A level are some essay super heroes 😂

But the thing about protein synthesis is that I didn't understand it T_T we're in the middle of studying it now, and I'm having trouble piecing together all of the bits together. I usually learn easier when I can visualise things (e.g. the heart - I can close my eyes and imagine where the blood is going in both its oxygenated and deoxygenated forms, making it easier for me to remember), this is but one of the topics simply beyond my comprehension. I'll get my teacher to go over it again, and I'm sure it'll feel easier once I actually get my head around it :smile:

Oh really? i agree that lit is quote-heavy, but it's by far my favourite (hinted at by the fact I want to take it for a-levels lol). Language is just kinda boring to me? I think I love the thematic stuff that comes with literature, and linking what I read to a larger society!
Reply 34
I’ve only ever done tie dye once, it produces such cool results though. Do you like making clothes/textile related stuff outside of school?

If you were to make a film, what it would be about?

Nothing’s been said about mocks so far…they’re probably going to pounce it on us 2 weeks before 🤠 wishing you all the best too, but will say it again closer to the time!

Yes, I love fashion and textiles related stuff in general! :smile: I crochet and knit outside of school, and do a lot of sewing too! My favourite projects are ones where I have to reconstruct things (i.e. thrift flips).

I'm not sure what exactly I'd make a film about, but I love really thematic, kinda dark, kinda trippy, jordan-peele-esque movies, and they're the type of movies I'd love to eventually be talented enough to create. I'm also currently writing a play about this young girl who is writing letters to her dead best friend as a form of grieving, named "Snail Mail". She hasn't really registered the fact that this person so close to her has died and is seemingly apathetic, but there are deeper feelings beneath that stone-cold exterior. I'm trying to explore the more "unusual" ways in which people grieve, and hopefully show it's not always clenched fists and headbanging and crying. It's for the National Theatre playwriting competition named 'New Views' that my school is doing this year! I participated last year but didn't end up submitting my play, so I'm trying to finish her now! :heart: That wasn't really the question you asked, but I hope it helped you gauge kind of how I think haha.

And let me know when mocks are announced (if they are) so I can wish you luck again! <3
But the thing about protein synthesis is that I didn't understand it T_T we're in the middle of studying it now, and I'm having trouble piecing together all of the bits together. I usually learn easier when I can visualise things (e.g. the heart - I can close my eyes and imagine where the blood is going in both its oxygenated and deoxygenated forms, making it easier for me to remember), this is but one of the topics simply beyond my comprehension. I'll get my teacher to go over it again, and I'm sure it'll feel easier once I actually get my head around it :smile:

Oh really? i agree that lit is quote-heavy, but it's by far my favourite (hinted at by the fact I want to take it for a-levels lol). Language is just kinda boring to me? I think I love the thematic stuff that comes with literature, and linking what I read to a larger society!

I just take the science processes as facts, idrc if it doesn’t make sense, I just learn it like I’m on autopilot.

I used to be crazy obsessed with poetry and writing poems, now I’ve grown out of my phase. Did you like creative writing?
Yes, I love fashion and textiles related stuff in general! :smile: I crochet and knit outside of school, and do a lot of sewing too! My favourite projects are ones where I have to reconstruct things (i.e. thrift flips).

I'm not sure what exactly I'd make a film about, but I love really thematic, kinda dark, kinda trippy, jordan-peele-esque movies, and they're the type of movies I'd love to eventually be talented enough to create. I'm also currently writing a play about this young girl who is writing letters to her dead best friend as a form of grieving, named "Snail Mail". She hasn't really registered the fact that this person so close to her has died and is seemingly apathetic, but there are deeper feelings beneath that stone-cold exterior. I'm trying to explore the more "unusual" ways in which people grieve, and hopefully show it's not always clenched fists and headbanging and crying. It's for the National Theatre playwriting competition named 'New Views' that my school is doing this year! I participated last year but didn't end up submitting my play, so I'm trying to finish her now! :heart: That wasn't really the question you asked, but I hope it helped you gauge kind of how I think haha.

And let me know when mocks are announced (if they are) so I can wish you luck again! <3

Ooh sounds thrifty! Charity shopping is such a good trend that’s gone round, it’s doing the world some good. When I’m older I’d like buy clothes from charity stores, as well as vintage stuff if they have any for arts and crafts.

Wow, have you shown people your work in progress? No one likes cliche, predictable films unless they are satirical. What are your favourite films/plays? We did Romeo and Juliet for one of our texts in GCSE and watched the Shakespeare Globe play. It amazed me how actors manage to remember so many lines.
Reply 37
gradebusters (2).png
Weekly Big Update (Every Sunday but it's actually Monday because I was knackered yesterday lol)

Last Week
I got my chemistry test back (yes, the one I was super confident I did well in:wink:)

The result:

Spoiler

I’m very happy with that score, even though I made a lot of silly mistakes, which means I could fairly easily have gotten around 90%, but it’s a way for me to learn :smile:! Regardless, I’m improving my exam technique and learning how to properly and efficiently answer questions, which is beginning to show in my test results!

Speaking of tests, my English test (Macbeth essay) was on Friday, and so was my cumulative biology one.

The Macbeth essay was on lady Macbeth:crown: (as I guessed :awesome:), was open book and we only had to write about the extract we were given rather than the play holistically, which made our lives a lot easier. I still don’t think I did well though :frown: I’m simply not familiar with writing essays and the structure of them, which is something I hope I can improve after having some feedback. it was my first attempt at a Macbeth essay and I got one day’s notice, so I won’t beat myself up about that too much.

biology…….

biology, biology, biology. the test I thought would end me (but evidently didn’t because you’re reading this right now)...

it was okay! there was a set of microscopy questions I simply didn’t understand, but *cumulatively* (I never want to see that word again lol) they came up to something like 3 marks, which I’m willing to lose. I know in reality every mark counts, but I’m just grateful I survived the test, to be honest!

me after all these tests >>> :broken:

Moving on: on Saturday, it was my friends 16th birthday (:birthday:), so I was basically occupied the entire day, and by the time I got home I was knackered, so couldn’t get any revision done, but it was a lot of fun so I’d say it was worth. we painted pottery, went out to eat and did some shopping - I loved it!! I did have to compensate for the missed revision time on Sunday though, and even then, I didn’t get as much as I wanted to be done for both my physics test (which was today and I’d say went pretty okay - I’ll let you know how that goes) and my german speaking test which is on Wednesday. it’s okay though, as the physics test is over and done with and german speaking, I can revise over the next two days!

This Week's Goals:

Spoiler

Okay, so that's it for now guys! will see you in the next one! thanks for reading:love: I will check back on Sunday to see how many of my goals I completed (hopefully all of them!)

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 38
Ooh sounds thrifty! Charity shopping is such a good trend that’s gone round, it’s doing the world some good. When I’m older I’d like buy clothes from charity stores, as well as vintage stuff if they have any for arts and crafts.

Wow, have you shown people your work in progress? No one likes cliche, predictable films unless they are satirical. What are your favourite films/plays? We did Romeo and Juliet for one of our texts in GCSE and watched the Shakespeare Globe play. It amazed me how actors manage to remember so many lines.

Yes, I absolutely love charity shopping!!! More environmentally-friendly and I've got quite a few great ones in my area that I love shopping at :smile: I've tried to reduce how much I buy from charity shops though because clothes are clothes and overconsumption is overconsumption, even if it's "sustainable" lol.

And yes, actually! I've shown it to playwright Jennifer Farmer who was the playwright assigned to assist those of us participating in the National Theatre competition! She's awesome and basically said she loves the dynamics I'm building in my work:redface: And yes, I struggle so much to learn lines! I don't know how they do it! As far as fave films and/or plays.... hmm... I quite like romances (but the ones with tragic endings, I hate the gushy ones) like Titanic, Romeo and Juliet (of course!) and The Fault in Our Stars and the Importance of Being Earnest is a play I quite like too!
Reply 39
I just take the science processes as facts, idrc if it doesn’t make sense, I just learn it like I’m on autopilot.

I used to be crazy obsessed with poetry and writing poems, now I’ve grown out of my phase. Did you like creative writing?

That's probably an approach I should take haha! Trying not to overthink the logistics.

And yeah I love creative writing :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending