The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Maths Autumn Resits 2021

Scroll to see replies

yeah it was a weird paper… 2 questions on sequences and series and so many on modelling?
Original post by bot14
yeah it was a weird paper… 2 questions on sequences and series and so many on modelling?

Yeah. The sequence questions were alright IMO. What did you guys get for value of K for tangent to the circle question?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by RYDERMLG
Yeah. The sequence questions were alright IMO. What did you guys get for value of K for tangent to the circle question?

i think i got a surd
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by bot14
i think i got a surd

did you get something with a 20 and 5
Original post by BlackHat0001
Just did the edexcel maths alevel today. I found it quite hard with lots of curveball questions. How did anyone else find it?

Same! did u leave any out or find any particularly difficult
I found it quite time pressuring. kept doubting myself because some of the questions seemed similar so thought they couldn't be testing the same thing twice.

Original post by Denesha25
Same! did u leave any out or find any particularly difficult
Original post by bot14
I found it quite time pressuring. kept doubting myself because some of the questions seemed similar so thought they couldn't be testing the same thing twice.

Me too. I had to leave some out since they were impossible
I went home and mentally broke down after that exam, i missed loads of qs out...
Me too. I had to leave some out since they were impossible

at least we now know the standard and how to approach the next paper!
What did u guys find most difficult
for me it was modelling definitely, the trig, final proof and integration sadly :frown:
Reply 30
Just did the edexcel maths alevel today. I found it quite hard with lots of curveball questions. How did anyone else find it?

i found it hard too :frown:
Reply 31
What did u guys find most difficult
for me it was modelling definitely, the trig, final proof and integration sadly :frown:

same! i struggle with modelling and logs alot
What did you guys get for the partial fractions? I got1 and 2
Yeh same :smile:
How did u do the 7 marker on binomials i want tl know if i did it right or flopped
How did u do the 7 marker on binomials i want tl know if i did it right or flopped

I got the partial fraction numerator then did the inverse of denominator and on each A and B did binomial expansion then did times
I am pretty sure I got the range like Mod X < 4 or something too I can’t remember
Did you get similar to me by any chance?

i thought the first half of the paper was alright but the second half was something else. also ran out of time so i couldn’t complete all the questions :frown:
Reply 39
How did you guys do the ln(x) ^2 question and the one where you had to find the equation of the graph? They really threw me

Quick Reply

Latest