The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by abh27sss
I am but also a grad. Glasgow does not count grads for WP but Aberdeen and Edinburgh do. I haven't asked St A about this but either way I think my score should be enough as a Scottish applicant. I think you definitely stand a chance as St A's UCAT cut-off isn't that high.

Your score is defo competitive enough for the Scottish route, and your Band 2 shouldn't hinder you that much (I looked at last year's thread and many ppl with Band 2s got offers, not sure about B3 though :s-smilie:). Last year cut off for RUK was roughly 2800 so thankfully I'm contextual otherwise I don't think I would even consider!
Original post by m4zza
Your score is defo competitive enough for the Scottish route, and your Band 2 shouldn't hinder you that much (I looked at last year's thread and many ppl with Band 2s got offers, not sure about B3 though :s-smilie:). Last year cut off for RUK was roughly 2800 so thankfully I'm contextual otherwise I don't think I would even consider!

Exactly. I see that your other stats are excellent, so hopefully, they make up the B3. Good luck with your application.
Reply 42
Does anyone know how much emphasis St Andrews puts on SJ band? (like how much weighting post interview)
Original post by m4zza
Does anyone know how much emphasis St Andrews puts on SJ band? (like how much weighting post interview)

It is a station so say there are 5 stations worth 1/5 of the points
Original post by Angiogram1
It is a station so say there are 5 stations worth 1/5 of the points

That was per last years open day info
Reply 45
I am an RUK applicant, non contextual, and im applying with a ucat score of 3020 Band 1. I was confident about my ucat score but since contextual applicants get an extra 10% im worried that my ucat will not be high enough to beat those scores. Please could i get some advice
Reply 46
Original post by cagvwm
I am an RUK applicant, non contextual, and im applying with a ucat score of 3020 Band 1. I was confident about my ucat score but since contextual applicants get an extra 10% im worried that my ucat will not be high enough to beat those scores. Please could i get some advice

It will be fine 😊
Hi there does anyone have a source for the UCAT thresholds for RUK? Or has there not been one published?
Haven't found one in the FOIs :redface:
Reply 48
Original post by nigachoro
Hi there does anyone have a source for the UCAT thresholds for RUK? Or has there not been one published?
Haven't found one in the FOIs :redface:

They have never released current cycle data until well into the next cycle before, so I would be surprised if they did now
(edited 2 years ago)
HI, I am a RUK student with B3 and 2620 score. I do meet contextual requirements so my score will be uplifted to 2880.Would that be enough to secure an interview? And how hard will it be to get an offer with a B3?
Original post by Shoaib1234
HI, I am a RUK student with B3 and 2620 score. I do meet contextual requirements so my score will be uplifted to 2880.Would that be enough to secure an interview? And how hard will it be to get an offer with a B3?

I'm not sure about you stats but I think its something like 1.2 people per place. I don't really understand why it's so low and if is different for RUK applicants
Hello please someone help!
How do I know if my score will be boosted by 10%???
Thanks in advance
Original post by mahmoud123
Hello please someone help!
How do I know if my score will be boosted by 10%???
Thanks in advance

Look at the widening participation criteria on their website
Screenshot_20211008-210309_Drive-compressed.jpg.jpeg

I found this, dk if it's useful for anyoneee
Original post by GANFYD
They have never released current cycle data until well into the next cycle before, so I would be surprised if they did now

Original post by chris01928
I'm not sure about you stats but I think its something like 1.2 people per place. I don't really understand why it's so low and if is different for RUK applicants

@GANFYD, bro need some help. Will I have a chance with a B3 in sjt? I know they use it in the interview process but how much weight do they put on that?
(edited 2 years ago)
@GANFYD, bro need some help. Will I have a chance with a B3 in sjt? I know they use it in the interview process but how much weight do they put on that?

It's weighted the same as a normal interview station so I would stay clear and apply to safer Universities like Anglia Ruskin, Plymouth, Liverpool etc.
Reply 56

They have said they use it as a virtual MMI station to somebody, this year, I think. So depends how well you think you can do in the rest of the interview!
Original post by GANFYD
They have said they use it as a virtual MMI station to somebody, this year, I think. So depends how well you think you can do in the rest of the interview

Will I have to do extremely well at the interview or a good interview score would be fine enough?
Original post by Vetrix42
It's weighted the same as a normal interview station so I would stay clear and apply to safer Universities like Anglia Ruskin, Plymouth, Liverpool etc.

I already have chosen Plymouth and ARU. My Gcses are not great so not Liverpool . My A levels are A*A*A A so have also chosen Exeter. I want to apply to St. Andrews cause i got a grade 5 in english language so applying 3 to those requiring a 5 and My UCAT will be increased by 10% so have a good chance of receiving an interview at least (2880 score when uplifted).
Reply 59
Will I have to do extremely well at the interview or a good interview score would be fine enough?

I don't know how they score their interview, sorry