The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Sexism at Warwick: true?

Hi all! I’m a female international student who just received a conditional offer to study Economics L100 at Warwick. I’m ecstatic and am considering making Warwick either my firm or insurance (depending on other offers from my remaining 4 choices), but I’ve also been warned by a friend currently at uni that sexism is a huge issue at Warwick. Former/current Warwick students, do you feel like this is true? Have you had any personal issues with sexism during your time in uni?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all! I’m a female international student who just received a conditional offer to study Economics L100 at Warwick. I’m ecstatic and am considering making Warwick either my firm or insurance (depending on other offers from my remaining 4 choices), but I’ve also been warned by a friend currently at uni that sexism is a huge issue at Warwick. Former/current Warwick students, do you feel like this is true? Have you had any personal issues with sexism during your time in uni?

Not been there myself (I went to Uni many years ago), but the couple of people I know that went there loved it, and did not mention anything about sexism. Was it the Uni itself e.g. teaching staff, that were allegedly sexist? You will of course get some students that will be, but I would have thought that's the same everywhere. I'm assuming economics will have more males than females, but again, won't that be the same at all Unis?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Anonymous

Definitely not true. Warwick is a fantastic equal opportunities University. Definitely no sexism there.

Quick Reply

Latest