The Student Room Group

does it count as reapplying to medicine for imperial if you dont apply 1st time

I hear that you can't re apply to imperial for medicine. If you were to not apply during year 13 but then apply on a gap year would that count as re applying and would i get rejected?
Original post by diamondbluebird
I hear that you can't re apply to imperial for medicine. If you were to not apply during year 13 but then apply on a gap year would that count as re applying and would i get rejected?

Where did you hear that from? If it were true, I wouldn't have graduated from Imperial

But either way, that won't count as reapplying to Imperial
Original post by usycool1
Where did you hear that from? If it were true, I wouldn't have graduated from Imperial

for medicine at imperial they dont accept reapplicants

it says it here: https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/choosing-a-medical-school/reapplying-to-medical-school/
Original post by diamondbluebird
for medicine at imperial they dont accept reapplicants

As I said, I graduated from Imperial Medicine a few months ago and was a reapplicant when I applied. Things could have changed since then but I sat on their interview panel/MMI panel for the past few years too, and interviewed a few people who were reapplicants

I'd probably go by what their website says rather than what a third party says tbh - I'd probably go by what their website says rather than what a third party says tbh - I've had a quick look, and Imperial's website says that resit applicants who previously applied to Imperial will be considered. I'd assume that means that other reapplicants would also be considered. As I say, things could have changed since I was there but it may be worth emailing them if you're unsure.
(edited 2 years ago)
As I said, I graduated from Imperial Medicine a few months ago and was a reapplicant when I applied. Things could have changed since then but I sat on their interview panel/MMI panel for the past few years too, and interviewed a few people who were reapplicants

I'd probably go by what their website says rather than what a third party says tbh - I'd probably go by what their website says rather than what a third party says tbh - I've had a quick look, and Imperial's website says that resit applicants who previously applied to Imperial will be considered. I'd assume that means that other reapplicants would also be considered. As I say, things could have changed since I was there but it may be worth emailing them if you're unsure.

What you said gives me so much hope thank you. I got really bad GCSEs because my exams were cancelled despite doing well on them and my ucat score was low. I dont really want to do any degree at all and ive looked at all of them. Do you think I should give up or keep going?
Reply 6
If medicine is what you really want (a decision only you can make for yourself), then go for it. Maybe take a gap year (or several) to get some experience and resit exams if needed, and then apply.
If you're set on medicine though, the majority of people here will say this: Do not do another degree with the intent of doing graduate entry medicine. Put the effort in now with GCSEs/A-levels/whatever and apply for standard entry.

Ultimately, you have to really want to do it. It's medicine.
The only thing I could think they would be unhappy with are students who started another degree, or another medical degree, elsewhere then left it for any reason to apply to Imperial. A lot of medical schools are very touchy about that (especially students that started another medical degree but didn't finish it).

Really the only courses I know of that have limits on how many times you can apply are postgrad courses where sometimes they will say that they will only consider up to two/three applications or something.

@becausethenight do you know if Imperial have a policy against reapplicants for medicine? :holmes:
Original post by artful_lounger
The only thing I could think they would be unhappy with are students who started another degree, or another medical degree, elsewhere then left it for any reason to apply to Imperial. A lot of medical schools are very touchy about that (especially students that started another medical degree but didn't finish it).

Really the only courses I know of that have limits on how many times you can apply are postgrad courses where sometimes they will say that they will only consider up to two/three applications or something.

@becausethenight do you know if Imperial have a policy against reapplicants for medicine? :holmes:

As above - loads of people in my year and the year below took a gap year, and are reapplicants, so unless there has been a big change for next year I assume it’s fine.
I was rejected last year post interview and in the email they sent out with feedback said "we are looking forward to welcome your application once again next year, should this be your choice" so I'm assuming they allow reapplicants.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending