The Student Room Group

Flaurie's first year maths fun!

Hi everyone! Welcome to the 5th installment of my GYG blog :grin:

An introduction:
I'm Flaurie (Laura) and I'm 3 weeks into my first year maths degree (proper lectures started this week) :woo: I've settled in and i'm really enjoying it so far!

Education

Modules:
I have 6 compulsory modules this semester, the first 3 being core (i.e. i need to pass these!)

Spoiler

> I also have some coding stuff (in Python 3), these make up 15% of each of the core modules :eek: I'm looking forward to this though :dance:

Goals for the year:
Basically just to exist as a functioning adult :colondollar:, not to eat pasta for every dinner (as delicious as it is!) :yep: and pick up learning French again :biggrin:

I'll hopefully be updating this much more regularly than last year's blog (every week or two :crossedf:) Let me know if you have a blog I can check out! :grouphugs:

I'll be starting a new tag list for people who still want to be tagged :rave: So please say if you want to be kept/put on the tag list :yeah:

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flaurie
Hi everyone! Welcome to the 55th installment of my GYG blog :grin:

An introduction:
I'm Flaurie (Laura) and I'm 3 weeks into my first year maths degree (proper lectures started this week) :woo: I've settled in and i'm really enjoying it so far!

Education

Modules:
I have 6 compulsory modules this year, the first 3 being core (i.e. i need to pass these!)

Spoiler

> I also have some coding stuff (in Python 3), these make up 15% of each of the core modules :eek: I'm looking forward to this though :dance:

Goals for the year:
Basically just to exist as a functioning adult :colondollar:, not to eat pasta for every dinner (as delicious as it is!) :yep: and pick up learning French again :biggrin:

I'll hopefully be updating this much more regularly than last year's blog (every week or two :crossedf:) Let me know if you have a blog I can check out! :grouphugs:

I'll be starting a new tag list for people who still want to be tagged :rave: So please say if you want to be kept/put on the tag list :yeah:

Spoiler

yayyyyyyyyyy tag me for them all ok laura:biggrin:

good luck:smile:
Original post by Wise Goldie
yayyyyyyyyyy tag me for them all ok laura:biggrin:

good luck:smile:

Awesome, thanks Goldie! :woo:
good luck
Good luck Laura, watching this :smile: :yy:
Please keep me tagged, Laura! :biggrin:
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, keep me tagged please!

Voulez-vous parler le franglais avec Persephone dans <her> blog? :ninja:

EDIT: Ooops forgot to put English translation:

[Would you like to speak franglais with Persephone in her blog?]
(edited 2 years ago)
Good luck!
Good luck! :jumphug: keep me tagged :awesome:
Original post by tinygirl96
good luck

thank you :woo:
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Good luck Laura, watching this :smile: :yy:

thanks duckie! let me know if you make a blog :rave:
Original post by 5hyl33n
Please keep me tagged, Laura! :biggrin:

:woohoo:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, keep me tagged please!

Voulez-vous parler le franglais avec Persephone dans <her> blog? :ninja:

:party: :hugs:
bien sûr! [of course!]
Original post by mnot
Good luck!

thanks mnot! :h:
Original post by Chronoscope
Good luck! :jumphug: keep me tagged :awesome:

Yay :rave: I need to catch up with your blog :headfire:
Original post by flaurie
thanks duckie! let me know if you make a blog

will do, no problem. Nice name change btw, can I get the meaning of it?
will do, no problem. Nice name change btw, can I get the meaning of it?

:biggrin:
errr... i wanted a new username but @LauraTheExplorer was taken and @Laura the Explorer was 2 characters too long :colondollar: so this was the next best thing i could think of :rofl:
Original post by flaurie
errr... i wanted a new username but @LauraTheExplorer was taken and @Laura the Explorer was 2 characters too long :colondollar: so this was the next best thing i could think of :rofl:

I see, i see. It sounds like flowery
I see, i see. It sounds like flowery

i always think it's like floor-y but now i think about it, flowery sounds better :lol:
Reply 15
Original post by flaurie
I'm 3 weeks into my first year maths degree

oh boy there is a storm coming your way :awesome:
Original post by flaurie

Isn't it so rude of people, taking your username before you come up with it?!!?! Believe it or not, there's a user called @TLG on TSR! I should have patented my nickname :colonhash:
Original post by flaurie
i always think it's like floor-y but now i think about it, flowery sounds better :lol:

Floor-y lmao :rofl:

Yeah flowery does sound better man, if someone asks you what it means then you could just say flowery lol
Please keep me tagged :hugs:

Mathematicians rule!
deffo keep me tagged!! best of luck for this year, hope you have an absolutely smashing time at uni (all the best people do maths at uni :wink: )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending