The Student Room Group

Have you upgraded to Windows 11?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Use neither and download a Linux Distro. Mint or Pop_oS...
Nope. Disliked all the bloatware and telemetry logging. I've switched to using arch linux and have not looked back since.
Original post by Dupe Hunter
No, Windows 10 works fine and it doesn't actually add anything new.

window snapping tho
Original post by A Rolling Stone
window snapping tho

I use an iMac for work, designed with productivity in mind.
Was a PC gamer for over two decades, your average user isn't going to go through that ****. Don't support MS anymore, **** company up there with EA.
Nope.
I haven't even upgraded most of my laptops to Windows 7.
Original post by londonmyst
Nope.

its rich people struggles, I jav so many laptops i could build a mansion out of them, but im too lazy to update them :frown:
I would put that off if I m relying on software other than Microsoft's. There might just be compatibility issues after all
Original post by Callicious
. Offense to them, but I want an OS that comes with no strings dangling off the side.

Isn't that called Linux?
Original post by londonmyst

Neither has the NHS.
Original post by Reality Check
Isn't that called Linux?

Aye; I run that in a VM though... as much as I'd love to make it my main OS, it just doesn't have the compatibility/convenience of Windows. I'm still yet to get it working with my GPU and it doesn't have Adobe :frown:
Original post by Callicious
Aye; I run that in a VM though... as much as I'd love to make it my main OS, it just doesn't have the compatibility/convenience of Windows. I'm still yet to get it working with my GPU and it doesn't have Adobe :frown:

Of course - I'd forgotten that you'd be quite a 'power user' of Adobe, what with your photography. :smile:
Original post by Reality Check
Of course - I'd forgotten that you'd be quite a 'power user' of Adobe, what with your photography. :smile:

I need Acrobat for Uni-related stuff too! :P
Ill update when I genuilely need/want to.
If its not broken, why fix it type deal?

I really do not mind being patient and seeing reviews from others first.
Reply 34
Not until they remove the TPM requirement
Original post by Reue
Not until they remove the TPM requirement

Why is that an issue for you? I thought it gave better security?
Reply 36
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Why is that an issue for you? I thought it gave better security?

My desktop has no TPM
Original post by Reue
My desktop has no TPM

Ahh. That'll do it then. :teehee:
I'm waiting a while to see what issues are being reported for the software I use. My personal laptop, I used for DJing and music production so I don't want to upgrade and then not be able to use any of my regular programs/plugins.

Saying that, I don't like change, and I still miss Windows 3.11 (I'm old) :tongue:
Reply 39
This is enlightening.

Had the notification tonight that my main laptop is compatible and can be 'upgraded'.

I think I will give it a miss for a wee while.

Quick Reply

Latest