The Student Room Group

Do fights normally happen in halls

Is it normal for there to be a fight in uni halls because tonight in my halls two guys had a punch up over something petty apparently one snitched on the other for smoking weed on uni grounds. Has anyone here ever seen or been involved in a uni halls fight?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There was apparently a fight club at my halls
Reply 2
It's not usual but it's not unheard of
I never witnessed any physical fights, but my flatmate in the room next to mine was always arguing with his girlfriend, so we'd often hear screaming matches in the early hours of the morning.
Not common overall, but in the first few weeks there will be a lot of kids testing their new boundaries and learning new interactions

For one, both bringing drugs into a shared space AND telling tales in a shared apace, will absolutely affect your use of that space.
Reply 5
Wasn’t common in my experience, but of course there is always scope for alcohol fuelled aggression. Drug taking tended to come to the fore in student houses where people had found like minded housemates
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Sinnoh
There was apparently a fight club at my halls

You just broke some rules there mate, the first and only rule. Don't tell anyone about fight club.
Original post by Anonymous
Is it normal for there to be a fight in uni halls because tonight in my halls two guys had a punch up over something petty apparently one snitched on the other for smoking weed on uni grounds. Has anyone here ever seen or been involved in a uni halls fight?

Gosh, St. Johns has really gone downhill lately, hasn't it?
Yes, sometimes happens.
Usually between couples, neighbours & sharers, people who have been drinking very heavily or are fighting over a date/ex.
How brutal was the fight and who won?
Original post by karl pilkington
How brutal was the fight and who won?

the guy who did drugs won hes in a lot of trouble though he ****ed the other guy up pretty bad
Original post by Anonymous
the guy who did drugs won hes in a lot of trouble though he ****ed the other guy up pretty bad

kind of inappropriate in a university though lmao
Original post by Callicious
You just broke some rules there mate, the first and only rule. Don't tell anyone about fight club.

Slight logical slip up there, you can't break rules when there's only one rule. :smug:
Original post by Rufus The Red
Slight logical slip up there, you can't break rules when there's only one rule. :smug:

T_T
Fights are rare but can happen for X/Y/Z reasons.
Although I have been only in halls for 3 weeks, had zero encounters/ heard no fights in my accommodation.
Reply 15
I have just thought on that I was sorta involved in one... at a graduate accom block, too.

Tuesday night/Weds morming, party over the other side of the courtyard kept me awake at around 4am with ****ing Robbie Willians karaoke. I was up for a work placement at half 5

Anyway, long story short I went and.found the biggest, loudest ******** there and had subtle words, and his midweek parties were much quieter from then on.
There was one fight at a party once but other than that I haven't heard of any
I've never heard of it.
Reply 18
Original post by Callicious

Given that I didn't go to it, how do you think I found out about it? :rolleyes:
Original post by CorporalJin
Fights are rare but can happen for X/Y/Z reasons.
Although I have been only in halls for 3 weeks, had zero encounters/ heard no fights in my accommodation.

already been 2 here, the other fight was 2 guys fighting over the same girl

Quick Reply

Latest