The Student Room Group

I have submitted my UCAS already for 2022.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Studentlife007
Yeah it’s a bit messed up tbf. I warned my Psychology teacher that i could be applying next week so I will need my predicted grade and a mini reference so she is now having to do that specially for me as normally they would sort it out in November! like wtf. i mean fair enough but november is quite late.

Yeah I've asked all of my teachers multiple times about grades and reference and still not got everything, my friend who also has the early deadline has got his reference done so hopefully I can go in on Monday and it'll be done
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by WutheringHxights
I received an automated acknowledgement from Royal Holloway & Leeds.

None from Durham, York, or Oxford though.

Only some universities do this though, so don't worry :smile:

What did you write in your personal statement ? Did you write about the uni?
Original post by PQ
:frown:
Why do early applicants always use up all 5 choices instead of saving some for later?

Probably because they don’t know they can… at my school the head of UCAS admissions is adamant that you can’t add any choices on later
Original post by _Mia101
Probably because they don’t know they can… at my school the head of UCAS admissions is adamant that you can’t add any choices on later

If you want to correct him it’s on the Ucas website https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/making-changes-your-ucas-undergraduate-application

6C97F7A8-7BE0-4FE2-BC42-D644A9D89774.jpeg
(edited 2 years ago)

Her… and I think I might :smile:
Also, when it says you haven’t been declined by your choices doesn’t that mean if you’ve been rejected by a uni (say you applied to 3) you can’t apply to 2 more? It also says it has to be from February… doesn’t that mean you’d have to wait past the original deadline?
Original post by _Mia101
Her… and I think I might :smile:
Also, when it says you haven’t been declined by your choices doesn’t that mean if you’ve been rejected by a uni (say you applied to 3) you can’t apply to 2 more? It also says it has to be from February… doesn’t that mean you’d have to wait past the original deadline?

The February bit is for Extra - that’s different to adding your remaining choices.

The wording isn’t great - basically you can add remaining choices as long as you haven’t replied to your offers (accept or decline) from your original choices.
Original post by rishabh728
Hi
I submitted my ucas application on 14 September to UCL, LSE, Edinburgh, Manchester and KCL

Did you receive an email from Manchester?

OP I've submitted mine. Haven't received a confirmation email from Manchester. My friend already has an offer
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi guys :-)

I'm not sure if I'm one of the first ones but it certainly wouldn't surprise me. I submitted my UCAS for 2022 entry on Monday 13th September and now it's a waiting game!

I've applied for a joint honors in English & History at Oxford, Durham, York, Royal Holloway, and Leeds.

I keep refreshing my UCAS track every day but I know I'll probably be waiting a long while!!

Is anyone else submitted theirs yet? Or plans to submit very soon?

Good luck!
Unless you're applying to Oxbridge, I would never recommend doing this. I have heard you get absolutely no advantage and there is a chance that you may change your mind between now and January.

My school doesn't let us😣
Original post by Htx_x346
My school doesn't let us😣

You don’t have to apply through your school.
Original post by PQ
You don’t have to apply through your school.

I didn't know that. The school checks through our entire application before sending it off. Oh well, it's already sent now.
Original post by Htx_x346
Did you receive an email from Manchester?

OP I've submitted mine. Haven't received a confirmation email from Manchester. My friend already has an offer

No I have not received a confirmation mail. How did your friend has an offer this early?
Original post by rishabh728
No I have not received a confirmation mail. How did your friend has an offer this early?

How do you want me to answer that lol? I don't know how x
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by _itstomz_
hey! I just got an offer yesterday at 430pm for Psychology in Education at Birmingham. Really happy as it was my first choice and my first offer, patiently waiting for the rest haha. All the best to everyone xx

Congratulations!!!
Original post by Oxford Mum
Good luck!

I submitted mine for English/History on 5th October for Durham, York, and Oxford too. Have you heard back from any of yours yet? I haven't but apparently English are quite slow at York...
Original post by PQ
Why do early applicants always use up all 5 choices instead of saving some for later?

I don't think it's widely known that you can choose some now and some later. I don't think it's stated very clearly on UCAS?

In any case a lot of schools don't advertise this well and some want you to put down all 5 straight away.
I received an automated acknowledgement from Royal Holloway & Leeds.

None from Durham, York, or Oxford though.

Only some universities do this though, so don't worry :smile:

Wait that’s so weird? Have you got confirmation now? I got confirmation from Durham, York, and Oxford for History/English. You may want to contact them to make sure everything’s ok! :smile:
Hello, does anyone know where to input predicted grades on the UCAS application? I can't seem to find a section for it.
Original post by Alexw0311
Hello, does anyone know where to input predicted grades on the UCAS application? I can't seem to find a section for it.

You just put 'pending', and then your school puts the predicted grade in :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending