The Student Room Group

My crush smokes, should I start?

Hi everyone. So basically here me out. There is a really nice, beautiful, quiet girl on my college course (just me and her!) and we get on really well. I like her so much.

When I was at college last week, we were generally chatting and she said "Do you smoke?" I said"no do you" She then replied "ah yes, I was gonna offer you a rollie and chill!! " I said no I don't smoke. I have smoked in the past but wasn't really that bothered, I enjoyed it but didn't start.

AFTER 10 MINUTES I REGRETTED THIS.

We have been briefly keeping in touch, and seems to be really flirty with me. My plan is to buy a pack of cigarettes and offer the same thing she offered me, we will go out and smoke.

Now about an hour after this, I started to try and impress her by saying I do smoke, but didn't want to smoke here because I thought you wouldn't like it. She then started showing off and acting incredibly different. (Swearing, laughing at everything i say etc)

I am 20, she is 17. Could this be just a phase and she will stop?

Will she be able to instantly tell next week when I see her I haven't smoked in ages and I effectively lied?

Scroll to see replies

Absolutely - go and ruin your lungs, heart, gums and pretty much every aspect of your health for a crush! Awesome idea :congrats:
No dont start.

As an ex smoker its expensive, so bad for you, ruined lungs, smell of smoke, yellowing teeth and fingers.
And its just not worth it.

Go hang with her in the smoking shelter but dont smoke. At work i still "go for a cig" with collegues but dont smoke.
If you need to vape?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone. So basically here me out. There is a really nice, beautiful, quiet girl on my college course (just me and her!) and we get on really well. I like her so much.

When I was at college last week, we were generally chatting and she said "Do you smoke?" I said"no do you" She then replied "ah yes, I was gonna offer you a rollie and chill!! " I said no I don't smoke. I have smoked in the past but wasn't really that bothered, I enjoyed it but didn't start.

We have been briefly keeping in touch, and seems to be really flirty with me. My plan is to buy a pack of cigarettes and offer the same thing she offered me, we will go out and smoke.

Now about an hour after this, I started to try and impress her by saying I do smoke, but didn't want to smoke here because I thought you wouldn't like it. She then started showing off and acting incredibly different. (Swearing, laughing at everything i say etc)

Will she be able to instantly tell next week when I see her I haven't smoked in ages and I effectively lied?

Smoking isn't good for you so going for your crush means you are making decisions for your body which isn't good in the short or long run. So you are best off not starting to smoke even if she does. Dont try to be someone you aren't for a girl man plus the 3 year age gap with her being 17 maybe isn't the best rn. Would be a lot better when she's 20 and you are 23 as then you are both full grown adults.

Smoking is one of the worst things you can do to your body. It is stupid to do it because of a crush, especially since it mightn't work out with her and then you've damaged your body for no reason whatsoever...
Please don’t start. It’s so hard to quit once you do and before you know it 5 years has passed and you’re a full blown smoker!
Theres nothing wrong with smoking occasionally lol
Reply 7
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Absolutely - go and ruin your lungs, heart, gums and pretty much every aspect of your health for a crush! Awesome idea :congrats:

I know it's so bad, but I eat a lot of crap and you only live once, I thought I might just chill and have a bit of fun!
Don’t start smoking to impress somebody.
you only live once, I thought I might just chill and have a bit of fun!

That’s what they all say…
I have already bought the pack now and said to her I smoke, I will look like such an idiot now next week when she goes out and smokes.

A part of me really wants to just do it and hang out with her.
I mean my crush smokes and I really want to do it with her, how much a day do you smoke?
I have already bought the pack now and said to her I smoke, I will look like such an idiot now next week when she goes out and smokes.

You're already an idiot for buying the pack because of her.
If your crush jumps off a cliff…

What was the point in making this thread then if you’ve already made your decision?
(edited 2 years ago)
You're already an idiot for buying the pack because of her.

I have smoked loads in the past, I just don't know to whether to start permanently?
Original post by Mesopotamian.
What was the point in making this thread then if you’ve already made your decision?

Still not 100% certain. I am probably ovethinking it.
Original post by thrivingfrog
Silly human

Do you eat Mcdonalds?
This is unironically how I first started smoking in uni

No regrets

Latest