The Student Room Group

University of Leeds A100 2022 entry

Scroll to see replies

I believe it it the same as last year because they changed it last year
Original post by liamsamuels
Do we know the scoring system for this year yet?

I think the scoring system will be the same as last year because they did change it last year
Original post by liamsamuels
Do we know the scoring system for this year yet?

I emailed them about this (as I am a graduate) and they said they are still reviewing it and to look out for the open day as they will hopefully be able to inform us then.
Reply 43
Original post by becausethenight
I am afraid I do not know how A2L works, sorry! @SyedN may know more or you can try contacting them, their website, or looking at freedom of information requests?

Thank you for the tag!

Original post by Hadriojon
@SyedN
Any ideas?

Yes they usually reduce the points required for the interview slightly I'm not exactly sure how much but I've heard ranging from 5-10 ish.
Hey everyone I hope you are all well! Im eligible for "access to medicine" for Leeds would that mean the cut off points for an interview would be lower for me compared to someone who is not? If so looking at my stats for GCSE one 9 four 8 one 7 rest 6 and achieved 2A* and an A at A-level for bio chem and maths would I have a good shot at an interview or not?

Thanks in advance (:
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi, does anyone know how degrees are included in calculating the score? Because only GCSEs, A-levels and BMAT scores have been mentioned, but not any undergraduate degrees
Thanks
Original post by R.KAUR2000
Hi, does anyone know how degrees are included in calculating the score? Because only GCSEs, A-levels and BMAT scores have been mentioned, but not any undergraduate degrees
Thanks

According to last years thread, a 2.1 or 1st gives 23 points. The virtual open day for medicine is tomorrow (4th Oct) they should hopefully mention the scoring system during it
Hi, just been to the virtual open day session with the Q+A. Thought I'd share it here:
For 2022 entry, is the university using the same point scoring system as last year?
We will be using a combination of GCSE, A level and BMAT to contribute to the score. The weighting of these has not been determined at this point and a paper signing off the weighting will be finalised before any ranking takes place. It is proposed that BMAT will provide increased weighting compared to previous years.

Are previously completed undergraduate degrees given any points in the scoring system?
Yes, graduates will receive marks for a 2i or above. Below this does not meet our entry requirements. The subject of the degree will determine whether or not we also require sciences at A levels. Applicants must also have the required GCSEs as outlined on our course finder pages.

How many GCSEs are considered in the scoring system? I was told it was 9 GCSEs but some have said it is 8 GCSEs.
We used to use 9 GCSEs but this has changed in recent years to 8 due to the fact that this is in line with attainment 8 the national measures to look at attainment across schools.

Has a cut off score for BMAT scores been decided?
We have never used a cut off score for BMAT. It is looked at in conjunction with your academic results to shortlist to interview. Therefore, a high score can compensate for a lower academic score and vice versa.
Hi, just been to the virtual open day session with the Q+A. Thought I'd share it here:
For 2022 entry, is the university using the same point scoring system as last year?
We will be using a combination of GCSE, A level and BMAT to contribute to the score. The weighting of these has not been determined at this point and a paper signing off the weighting will be finalised before any ranking takes place. It is proposed that BMAT will provide increased weighting compared to previous years.

Are previously completed undergraduate degrees given any points in the scoring system?
Yes, graduates will receive marks for a 2i or above. Below this does not meet our entry requirements. The subject of the degree will determine whether or not we also require sciences at A levels. Applicants must also have the required GCSEs as outlined on our course finder pages.

How many GCSEs are considered in the scoring system? I was told it was 9 GCSEs but some have said it is 8 GCSEs.
We used to use 9 GCSEs but this has changed in recent years to 8 due to the fact that this is in line with attainment 8 the national measures to look at attainment across schools.

We have never used a cut off score for BMAT. It is looked at in conjunction with your academic results to shortlist to interview. Therefore, a high score can compensate for a lower academic score and vice versa.

Hey did they mention anything about WP and how students who qualify for it may have a lower cut off?

Thank you for the information as well! :smile:
Reply 49
Any idea given how much they will increase BMAT weighting ? At present only 5 for BMAT out of total 40

Did they mention how they will want to do their interviews this year? in person or online or like a video?
Original post by OmarHam3d
Did they mention how they will want to do their interviews this year? in person or online or like a video?

Hi - I was told, when asking how the selection procedure would compare to 2021, that “We will use a combination of academic (predicted and achieved academic results) with your BMAT score to rank to interview. The interview will again be online and of MMI format”. I hope this helps :smile:
Would I max out my points so 27/27 if I have already have achieved A-Levels of 2A* and an A for the required subjects or will they just still use my GCSE?

I didn't do AS exams x

Thanks x
Original post by JoshWalters
Hey did they mention anything about WP and how students who qualify for it may have a lower cut off?

Thank you for the information as well! :smile:

I didn't hear anything specific said about that, but there are more sessions this Thursday 7th, so if you attend them and ask during the Q+A, you might get more specific information
Would these stats be okay?

GCSE - 1A*, 8A’s, 1B
A level - AAC
Degree - first class achieved
The deadline is in 6 days and Leeds still haven't released their selection process?

I don't know about other people but I am not sure if I want to step blindly into a thing that I can not get in.

I have 27/27 for GCSEs and 4 A*s in my A-Levels.

Do you think that we need a high score in BMAT to get an offer in the end? (Because Cardiff still requires high UCAT score even though they say "they don't put much weight on UCAT score")

@GANFYD @becausethenight
Original post by homomomi
The deadline is in 6 days and Leeds still haven't released their selection process?

I don't know about other people but I am not sure if I want to step blindly into a thing that I can not get in.

I have 27/27 for GCSEs and 4 A*s in my A-Levels.

Do you think that we need a high score in BMAT to get an offer in the end? (Because Cardiff still requires high UCAT score even though they say "they don't put much weight on UCAT score")

@GANFYD @becausethenight

is it out of 27 or 24 points? I heard they now look at top 8 GCSES?
is it out of 27 or 24 points? I heard they now look at top 8 GCSES?

That is even worse. Putting more emphasis on BMAT ew.

I just want them to release something.
Original post by homomomi
That is even worse. Putting more emphasis on BMAT ew.

I just want them to release something.

Last year it was top 8 what makes you think this year would be top 9 bro?
Last year it was top 8 what makes you think this year would be top 9 bro?

oh I thought it was top 9 last year. my bad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending