The Student Room Group

Drinking At Uni

I'm not one to drink. But some of my friends do and at Uni I know I don't want to drink and in the future its just not really my thing, but im worried that some people will think im not as fun if I don't (which I know my say sound stupid). Especially at night clubs and parties.
Does it really matter and do many students drink ? (again sorry I know this may sound like a stupid question )
thnx u xx :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Idk if this will help but as a uni student myself i dont care about what other people are doing! As long as everyone is happy, safe and comfortable im not judging anyone for their choices!
I personally drink when i go out to pubs/ bars but thats not very often at the minute 😂
Reply 2
Original post by Laurenalexa.x
Idk if this will help but as a uni student myself i dont care about what other people are doing! As long as everyone is happy, safe and comfortable im not judging anyone for their choices!
I personally drink when i go out to pubs/ bars but thats not very often at the minute 😂

Heya,
thanks so much !!! this deffo helps thank you :wink: xx
Reply 3
Original post by roxy112221
Heya,
thanks so much !!! this deffo helps thank you :wink: xx

Usually, if they are friends, they don't care what you do. As long as you are all enjoying yourselves, there are no restrictions (there's the law of course). Anyway, see what happens, nobody you'd want to be around will judge you and if they do... so what!
Reply 4
Original post by Anholm
Usually, if they are friends, they don't care what you do. As long as you are all enjoying yourselves, there are no restrictions (there's the law of course). Anyway, see what happens, nobody you'd want to be around will judge you and if they do... so what!

Thank you ! :smile:
Reply 5
I'm not one to drink. But some of my friends do and at Uni I know I don't want to drink and in the future its just not really my thing, but im worried that some people will think im not as fun if I don't (which I know my say sound stupid). Especially at night clubs and parties.
Does it really matter and do many students drink ? (again sorry I know this may sound like a stupid question )

It shouldn’t matter what you do! You do whatever makes you feel comfortable, no one will be paying attention to the fact that you don’t want to drink :smile: No one should be judging you for things like that, and who cares if people judge you?! Be yourself!!
Reply 6
Original post by dmf19
It shouldn’t matter what you do! You do whatever makes you feel comfortable, no one will be paying attention to the fact that you don’t want to drink :smile: No one should be judging you for things like that, and who cares if people judge you?! Be yourself!
Thanks so much xx

Okay thnx so much !!! :smile:

Hi @roxy112221! I know a lot of others have mentioned this in the post, but if they're your friends (or even acquaintances) then they should respect your choices :smile: I don't drink often at all either, and my friends and I spend time together like going bowling, out for dessert dates, going on walks and having movie nights! There are so many other activities that you can plan together that everyone will enjoy! Feel free to take your own drinks to parties too if you don't want to drink alcohol and you'd prefer something else and please never feel pressured into anything you're not comfortable with! What/ if you drink is definitely not as important as you think and you might find that after Fresher's, people tend to go out less as they get a little bit more university work to manage. I hope this helps and enjoy your university experience!

Best wishes,

Emma
3rd year diagnostic radiography student
Reply 8
Original post by University of Suffolk student
Hi @roxy112221! I know a lot of others have mentioned this in the post, but if they're your friends (or even acquaintances) then they should respect your choices :smile: I don't drink often at all either, and my friends and I spend time together like going bowling, out for dessert dates, going on walks and having movie nights! There are so many other activities that you can plan together that everyone will enjoy! Feel free to take your own drinks to parties too if you don't want to drink alcohol and you'd prefer something else and please never feel pressured into anything you're not comfortable with! What/ if you drink is definitely not as important as you think and you might find that after Fresher's, people tend to go out less as they get a little bit more university work to manage. I hope this helps and enjoy your university experience!

Best wishes,

Emma
3rd year diagnostic radiography student

Heya,
Thnx u so so much !!! this is all really helpful and I will definitely be taking this onboard x
Have a nice day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending