The Student Room Group

What you would have told your 16 year old self today?

Heya, im 16 and was wondering to anyone who is older what advice would you would give your 16 year old self if he/she or they were standing infront of u ? x
Thnx u :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Slow down, you're moving too fast

You gotta make the morning last
the adults were lying its cooler to have a job and pay bills than it is to be in school and need to save up to buy a phone
Reply 3
Just get a job sooner or it will be too late
half the people saying they're having sex are liars
Reply 5
Carry on, la
Focus on your work and don't waste time
Follow your heart
Consider learning to drive earlier.
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Consider learning to drive earlier.

thats mine i wish i learned to drive ages ago now i too old too learn cos my reactions are bad
Original post by Wise Goldie
thats mine i wish i learned to drive ages ago now i too old too learn cos my reactions are bad

You’re never too old to learn (well, within reason) - you’re definitely not too old. But it’s better to learn when you’re young and don’t have as much responsibilities to think about and deadlines looming up.
Original post by Mesopotamian.
You’re never too old to learn (well, within reason) - you’re definitely not too old. But it’s better to learn when you’re young and don’t have as much responsibilities to think about and deadlines looming up.

thanks meso:five:
Stop caring so much, keep working hard, get an autism test.
Original post by roxy112221
Heya, im 16 and was wondering to anyone who is older what advice would you would give your 16 year old self if he/she or they were standing infront of u ? x

"Learn to keep your damn mouth shut. You're simultaneously too clever for your own good, and not half as clever as you think you are."

But big mouthed 16 year old me, being too clever for his own good, and not half as clever as he thought he was, would ignore the old idiot in from of him and make some stupid smart-ass remark.
Why I’m on this earth god made me for who I am
Original post by 04MR17
Slow down, you're moving too fast

You gotta make the morning last

groovy
I wouldn't tell her anything.

Everything in my life has led me to this point, to the situation I'm in now, and to the person I am today.

Telling my younger self something, even something insignificantly small, could cause a butterfly effect, and the next thing you know I could be homeless with one leg and only half my own teeth.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I wouldn't tell her anything.

Everything in my life has led me to this point, to the situation I'm in now, and to the person I am today.

Telling my younger self something, even something insignificantly small, could cause a butterfly effect, and the next thing you know I could be homeless with one leg and only half my own teeth.

Or a tech billionaire with too many cars to count.
Original post by roxy112221

Life goes too fast and anything you dream to do/achieve, get it done, be brave
Original post by cleveranimal56
Or a tech billionaire with too many cars to count.

I can only drive one car at any one time. I don't need that many cars, it would be pointless.

Quick Reply

Latest