The Student Room Group

do i switch a levels with only 7 and a half months left??

i’m in a pickle lmao
so there’s absolutely no way at all that i’m going to pass psychology a level so is moving subjects an option? the only other subject i can take is photography, i’ve have no experience with photography before but i need to get a B, is ot possible? does anyone have any ideas for what my piece could be?
Original post by ellllieee
i’m in a pickle lmao
so there’s absolutely no way at all that i’m going to pass psychology a level so is moving subjects an option? the only other subject i can take is photography, i’ve have no experience with photography before but i need to get a B, is ot possible? does anyone have any ideas for what my piece could be?

There's a photography A-Level?
Reply 2
Original post by summerbirdreads
there's a photography a-level?

yeah hahhaha
Hey!
You would really need to speak with your teachers about this. It’s up to them in the end.
But, I think Photography A Level is usually entirely coursework. I’m not sure though, check on your college/sixth form courses page and it should say how they assess it. If it is mainly coursework, then you would have missed a lot of work and catching up would be difficult.
Reply 4
yeah hahhaha

I mean if you feel youre more likely to pass photography in the next 7 months than psychology then why not ahaha
i’m in a pickle lmao

I doubt your school will allow this ...
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79

Someone in my school thought he was going to fail a level music so was allowed to pick up further maths this year instead if he passed an a level maths test (grade A or higher) which he then did by revising for it by himself.
Reply 7
Original post by Muttley79

my school has already allowed this actually. i just wanted more detail ab the course.
Reply 8
Original post by Cs115
Someone in my school thought he was going to fail a level music so was allowed to pick up further maths this year instead if he passed an a level maths test (grade A or higher) which he then did by revising for it by himself.

that sounds like a relief, maths seems ways harder than music
Reply 9
Original post by Cute Kawaii
Hey!
You would really need to speak with your teachers about this. It’s up to them in the end.
But, I think Photography A Level is usually entirely coursework. I’m not sure though, check on your college/sixth form courses page and it should say how they assess it. If it is mainly coursework, then you would have missed a lot of work and catching up would be difficult.

yes!! the course is entirely coursework based but this year there isn’t an end of year exam so i would just need to focus on the coursework.
Reply 10
Original post by Cs115
I mean if you feel youre more likely to pass photography in the next 7 months than psychology then why not ahaha

i don’t know much ab photography tho, like i can’t find any information ab it online
Reply 11
that sounds like a relief, maths seems ways harder than music

I would fail music as well so I cant say I blame him for picking further maths over music, even if it was at the start of year 13 lol
Reply 12
i don’t know much ab photography tho, like i can’t find any information ab it online

You should probably speak to your teachers about it but cant you just search up the spec for your exam board online I'm sure itd be there
my school has already allowed this actually. i just wanted more detail ab the course.

Really? Without ANY photography experience?

You need to look at the specification and see how much you've missed - you really only have a few months as your portfolio will need to be completed by Easter!
Original post by Cs115

That's slightly diffeent as clearly they were competent at Maths ... this poster has NO experience

Quick Reply

Latest