The Student Room Group

HSBC 2022 graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Hey,You answer using the information provided, but some video questions may require you to have knowledge on the area you applied for or how you would approach a situation or task etc.
Original post by umxrino
Hey,You answer using the information provided, but some video questions may require you to have knowledge on the area you applied for or how you would approach a situation or task etc.

That really helps thanks. For the question regarding how you would approach a situation/task, you wouldn't need to answer that one using past experiences then?
Reply 42
Original post by TomTom1233456
That really helps thanks. For the question regarding how you would approach a situation/task, you wouldn't need to answer that one using past experiences then?

Heya, so I’ve just given my job simulation this week. As @umxrino said, it’s very division specific. The number of video questions change as well. My friend gave it for asset management and I gave it for private banking, where he had 4-5 video responses and I just had 2. They checked my verbal skills more. You can’t really be prepared for it, and though it might sound cliche, just be yourself. And about past experiences, I had a question regarding that, so you might have one as well. Hope it helps!
Original post by Kavya30
Heya, so I’ve just given my job simulation this week. As @umxrino said, it’s very division specific. The number of video questions change as well. My friend gave it for asset management and I gave it for private banking, where he had 4-5 video responses and I just had 2. They checked my verbal skills more. You can’t really be prepared for it, and though it might sound cliche, just be yourself. And about past experiences, I had a question regarding that, so you might have one as well. Hope it helps!

It does help! Thank you very much :smile:
Original post by SomMC1
they told me after the job sim. which area have you applied to?

I applied to Global Banking-IB...I completed the JS 2 weeks ago and have been waiting for their feedback... It's really heartbreaking that they are cancelling the program, we've all worked hard on the tests...
Original post by SomMC1
they told me after the job sim. which area have you applied to?

How long did it take you to hear from the result of the js?
Reply 46
Has anyone done the JS for commercial banking? and how long did it take to hear back?
Hi everyone, I have received my online immersive assessment invite today for WPB, does anyone have any tips at all?
Thank you
(edited 2 years ago)
Anybody heard back for Asset Management Investment post Job-Sim?
Reply 49
Same question! Completed my job simulation for this scheme on 8th September and haven’t heard back since then. On emailing them, I received a very generic email stating “we will provide an update as soon as possible”
I was wondering whether the job simulation asks questions like 'Why HSBC' and 'Why this role".

Are the questions purely situational or is it something we can prepare for?
Wait what the hell, this is so absurd that they closed the grad schemes. Deal flow is off the chart surely they would need new grads to work on them.

So those that applied before 25th September did they get in, or was the program closed for them too? That sounds crazy

And what about off-cycles are they advertising them on their site? I can't see any
I was having a look on HSBC seeing if they're recruiting for global banking (IB) and it wasn't on there. I thought it's odd maybe I missed the deadline but it seems early for that. So I now find out they closed the whole damn programme? Wtf lol, so HSBC are literally taking no IB grads this year? Just off-cycles? that sounds so absurd to say for a big bank, ***** crazy lol.
Original post by Leaderboard
For those that may find it helpful, (for the third time in a row) I failed. This was after the job immersion assessment, can't seem to pass them...

Dear Leader,
We would like to thank you for completing the Job Simulation as part of your HSBC application to the position of Markets & Securities Services - Quantitative Finance - Full-Time Associate Programme (UK - London).
In order to gain a full understanding of the meaning of your test results, your performance has been compared to that of a large group of individuals who have previously completed these tests when applying for a Graduate / Internship role at HSBC Global Businesses.
It is with regret that we must advise you that unfortunately you have not been successful in meeting our requirements. Regrettably it is not possible to provide individual feedback due to the high number of applications we receive. We trust, however, that the Feedback Report following the completion of the Online Immersive Assessment, giving you some insight into how you can work on your highest and lowest scoring attributes, has been useful.
If you could spare a few moments, we would be really keen to hear your feedback on the Job Simulation, as well as your HSBC journey to date. We would therefore ask that, if you have time, you complete our survey by clicking the link below:
Job Simulation Survey
Can't access the media? Copy this link into your browser:
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in HSBC and wish you every success for the future.
Kind regards
HSBC Graduate Recruitment Team

How did you apply 3 times lol, i thought we can only make one application? Diff emails?
Reply 54
I haven’t heard back yet and I submitted my JS 2 weeks ago
Hey guys,
I got this email a week ago,

"We are pleased to confirm that you have successfully met the minimum benchmarks for the selection processes that you have completed so far.

Your application will now be reviewed in more detail and we will advise you as soon as possible if you are invited to the next stage of the application process."

Did anyone else get this? Is it a good sign?
Reply 56
Original post by YOOONAHHH242
Hey guys,
I got this email a week ago,

"We are pleased to confirm that you have successfully met the minimum benchmarks for the selection processes that you have completed so far.

Your application will now be reviewed in more detail and we will advise you as soon as possible if you are invited to the next stage of the application process."

Did anyone else get this? Is it a good sign?

Hey when did you get this? Like after the job simulation?
Original post by Kavya30
Hey when did you get this? Like after the job simulation?

Yeah I got it 7 days after the job simulation
Reply 58
Original post by YOOONAHHH242
Yeah I got it 7 days after the job simulation

I think that’s good! I’ve given my job simulation last Tuesday and absolutely no communication yet
Reply 59
Hey @SomMC1! When did you receive the first email after job simulation? Like any communication/email?

Quick Reply

Latest