The Student Room Group

Rms 2022

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Congrats on the offer. Any tips on the AC and questions asked? Thank you.
Reply 61
Original post by Aqibislxm
Manchester tax assistant for August 2022 but undergraduate

Good. Please keep me updated
Original post by xrp
There are four competence questions. I advise that you prepare general competency questions and use star techniques, and you will be fine.

Thank you! Would you be willing to share with/dm me the specific questions that were asked?
Reply 63
Original post by goa_d
Thank you! Would you be willing to share with/dm me the specific questions that were asked?

Sorry. That will be unfair to other applicants. Prepare competency questions. You will be fine
Original post by goa_d
Thank you! would you possibly be willing to dm the questions in more detail? very nervous as this is my first one!

This would be quite unfair but just general strength based questions, questions aren’t too hard to answer so don’t overthink it.
Original post by starstudent7
Wow that is good, well done! Which programme did you apply for? Was it for the January intake?

Jan 2022 tax
Reply 66
Original post by aj1799
Right after I replied to your post I did get an email from RMS asking for some extra info about my degree/qualifications so that was an update at least. I think it might just be a slower process for more popular locations like Manchester and London? Not sure but that's all I can assume. Good luck!

Hey there I received the same email two days ago, askedd about my qualifications and work experiences, but yet haven't heard anything further from them. I applied the audit jan intake London office, do you get any follow up emails?
Reply 67
Has anyone completed an AC? If so, how long does it take to hear back?
Reply 68
Original post by cxb_
Hey there I received the same email two days ago, askedd about my qualifications and work experiences, but yet haven't heard anything further from them. I applied the audit jan intake London office, do you get any follow up emails?

Hiya no update yet since that email I mentioned, not sure if that’s good or bad news LOL I’ve heard people getting accepted and rejected since that time so really not sure what’s taking so long anymore, mine’s been almost a month now
Has anyone done a AC for Audit and if so how long did it take to get a response?
Original post by Livebreatheecon
2 days from video interview to AC. Did my AC 2 days ago and got an offer today.

Did you have to do a partner interview/meeting after your virtual assessment/interview?
Original post by Bowen1995
Did you have to do a partner interview/meeting after your virtual assessment/interview?

Nope, I thought that I would have to but turns out that wasn’t the case
Nope, I thought that I would have to but turns out that wasn’t the case

Interesting, After my Interview / Assessment I had a phone call saying I was successful and that they wished to arrange a "partner follow up call" . Something I haven't seen others so far have to do, nor is it mentioned online from what I can find. Unsure what this is going to consist of or how to prepare! Its only a brief 20-30 min thing for me to ask any questions and for the partner to get to meet me apparently.
Interesting, After my Interview / Assessment I had a phone call saying I was successful and that they wished to arrange a "partner follow up call" . Something I haven't seen others so far have to do, nor is it mentioned online from what I can find. Unsure what this is going to consist of or how to prepare! Its only a brief 20-30 min thing for me to ask any questions and for the partner to get to meet me apparently.

How long did it take for you to get a call saying you were successful?
Original post by oksirmancool

I was lucky to receive the phone call the same day, However it seems (looking online anyway!) that every office has its own timeframes and some may be longer than others depending on number of applicants etc.. I also applied for Jan 2022 so I think that probably plays a big part as its much sooner.

I was lucky to receive the phone call the same day, However it seems (looking online anyway!) that every office has its own timeframes and some may be longer than others depending on number of applicants etc.. I also applied for Jan 2022 so I think that probably plays a big part as its much sooner.

Ah okay im just waiting on what happened with my one haha can I ask what role you applied for? I applied for the August 2022 intake so it might take a bit longer tbh
Original post by oksirmancool

Ah okay im just waiting on what happened with my one haha can I ask what role you applied for? I applied for the August 2022 intake so it might take a bit longer tbh

I applied for Jan 2022 Audit

Hmmm very interesting. I can only imagine it depends on the service line. Alternatively it might depend on your interviewers? One of mine was a senior manager so I guess that was enough for them. Anyhow, good luck! I’m sure you’ve got the role, it’s just to make sure you’re a “cultural” fit now with the partner
Hmmm very interesting. I can only imagine it depends on the service line. Alternatively it might depend on your interviewers? One of mine was a senior manager so I guess that was enough for them. Anyhow, good luck! I’m sure you’ve got the role, it’s just to make sure you’re a “cultural” fit now with the partner

This was my initial thought, those closest to me are saying not to worry and it could just be how the service line and/or partner wishes to do things and to use it as an opportunity. So I've prepared what feels like a million questions to try find answers I'd love to know in advance about the office, the role and a few questions related to company growth, vision and opportunity going forwards- especially with the record breaking recruitment drive recently. unfortunately I can't escape that little niggling doubt due to the uncertainty of it all and seemingly nobody else in this position after the AC! Thank you ! Here's hoping, the call is tomorrow so I suppose I'll know for sure soon enough.
This was my initial thought, those closest to me are saying not to worry and it could just be how the service line and/or partner wishes to do things and to use it as an opportunity. So I've prepared what feels like a million questions to try find answers I'd love to know in advance about the office, the role and a few questions related to company growth, vision and opportunity going forwards- especially with the record breaking recruitment drive recently. unfortunately I can't escape that little niggling doubt due to the uncertainty of it all and seemingly nobody else in this position after the AC! Thank you ! Here's hoping, the call is tomorrow so I suppose I'll know for sure soon enough.

Hey, how did the phone call go? Hope you got the place but would like to know what it was about. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest