The Student Room Group

Is there apprenticeship for NEUROSCIENCE?

Or am I just making this up?
Reply 1
For like a degree apprentieceship
I am not really sure what I want to be. I am just researching things like pharmacy, psychology, medicine.
Reply 2
I want to explore different apprenticeships before going into uni and I was considering NEUROSCIENCE but idk if there is any apprenticeships for it
Reply 3
background? as in?
I am british
Reply 4
I am doing A level biology, psychology and french atm
Reply 5
I am still unsure of what i want to do.
Atm Idk if i want to go to uni for 3-4 years not knowing what i want to do
Maybe doing apprenticeships might give me an idea of what each course is like??
Reply 6
hmm maybe
I just posted a thread on here to see if there is an apprenticeship
Apprenticeships often focus on a narrower area than uni degrees so are best for people who know what they want to do.

If you can’t decide between med/psych/neuroscience then perhaps a year out doing things related to each field will help you decide.
Original post by zarahh09
hmm maybe
I just posted a thread on here to see if there is an apprenticeship

i don’t think there is. If you are unsure and don’t want to commit to a degree then maybe taking a gap year, working and getting work experience in a variety of different fields might be really beneficial for you
Apprenticeship are delivered per standards. In other words, if there isn’t a standard for that specific role, then there’s likely not an apprenticeship for it.

My guess is that neuroscience role would come under a general lab apprenticeship standard.
My medical research apprenticeship was assessed against a product research and development standard.

Search the apprenticeship standards here:
https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/?

Regardless, it’ll give you some insight into the specific types of work required to be evidenced in different apprenticeships.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending