The Student Room Group

Any good universities that will accept me with these grades?

My predicted grades for my A-levels are:
Mathematics - A
Physics - B
Chemistry - B
Further maths - B
or should I just take a gap year?
Reply 1
I would like to study nuclear/theoretical and or astrophysics
I'd suggest you drop a subject and focus on getting decent grades in three subjects - AAA will always look better than ABBB.
Reply 3
So are there any good Universities that are offering nuclear/theoretical and or astrophysics and accept applications after December of this year for a course beginning in 2022?
Reply 4
Original post by Solaris_21
So are there any good Universities that are offering nuclear/theoretical and or astrophysics and accept applications after December of this year for a course beginning in 2022?

Lots!
In UCAS points from what uni:

Kent - 112
Bsc Astronomy, space science and astrophysics plus placement
Bsc Physics and astrophysics

Leicester -

Sussex 120-147

Queen Mary - 128
Bsc Astrophysics with year abroad

Surry - Bsc
120-144
Physics with nuclear astrophysics
Foundation yr bsc Physics with astrophysics

Newcastle

You need to get onto whatuni and do a search but there are many that will take your grades. Good luck!
The UCAS deadline is 26 January for degree courses starting Autumn 2022.

'Theoretical Physics' is offered by top Unis like Imperial, Birmingham, Nottingham etc and ABB grades will not be enough.
Look at this course at Liverpool for Nuclear Physics - https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/physics-with-nuclear-science-bsc-hons/overview/
Astrophysics - lookat UCLAN, Hertforshire, Leicester.

I found this out in 2 minutes on google - don't be lazy.
Reply 6
Sorry but I checked the top universities and most of them had their UCAS application deadline in October, I'm hoping that I can now change my predicted grades before I apply to the other universities which have later deadlines
Original post by McGinger
The UCAS deadline is 26 January for degree courses starting Autumn 2022.

'Theoretical Physics' is offered by top Unis like Imperial, Birmingham, Nottingham etc and ABB grades will not be enough.
Look at this course at Liverpool for Nuclear Physics - https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/physics-with-nuclear-science-bsc-hons/overview/
Astrophysics - lookat UCLAN, Hertforshire, Leicester.

I found this out in 2 minutes on google - don't be lazy.
Sorry but I checked the top universities and most of them had their UCAS application deadline in October,

The only Unis that have an early deadline are Oxford and Cambridge - and all courses for Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary.
Everything else has a January deadline.
My predicted grades for my A-levels are:
Mathematics - A
Physics - B
Chemistry - B
Further maths - B
or should I just take a gap year?

Hi @Solaris_21,

This obviously varies for different Universities depending on their relevant entry requirements.

We have an Astrophysics course available at UCLan, which includes one of the UK's best teaching observatories and ranked 2nd in the UK with 94% overall satisfaction (National Student Survey 2021).

For more information on the course, including module details, entry requirements and more, please click here.

Obviously, you may have a different preference as to where you want to study, but I hope this has given you more of an insight into the course at UCLan and the entry requirements needed.

Best wishes
Dan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending